Can’t access your Facebook account? There could be various reasons for it like forgotten password, no access to the email and phone number connected to the Facebook account, forgotten email or phone number, hacked account, and others. Let us guide you on how to recover a Facebook account when you can’t log in and get back access to it.
Note: The methods mentioned in this guide are extremely helpful. However, they don’t guarantee 100% results especially if an account is hacked.
Recover a Facebook Account When You Can’t Log In (Using a Computer/Laptop)
- Check If You’re Logged In on Another Device
- Use Saved Passwords on Your Web Browser
- Find Your Facebook Account from Another FB Profile
- Reset Forgotten Account Password from Account Recovery Options When Can’t Login to Facebook
- Recover Your Account with Trusted Contacts
- Access Your Facebook Account When You Can’t Remember Your Email Address, Username, and Mobile Number
1. Check If You’re Logged In on Another Device
Whether it’s a new or old Facebook account, if you can’t access it and can’t recall the password, find other devices where you may still be logged in. Open Facebook on your smartphone and check if you can access your account from there. If logged in, follow these steps to reset your password even when you don’t have access to your existing email and phone number:
- On your Facebook app, tap the three horizontal lines.
- Swipe down and select ‘Settings & Privacy’.
- It will open a menu below it. Tap ‘Settings’.
- Now, choose ‘Personal and Account Information’ from the settings.
- Select ‘Contact Info’ from the menu.
- Choose ‘Add Phone Number’.
- Enter a new phone number that you can access and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the confirmation code sent to your phone number.
- Once done, go back to the ‘Settings & Privacy’ list and select ‘Password and Security’.
- Tap ‘Change Password’.
- Select ‘Forgot your Password’.
- Choose ‘Send code via SMS’ and tap ‘Continue’.
- Enter the code sent to your phone and reset your password.
After creating a new password, log in to Facebook from your computer.
2. Use Saved Passwords on Your Web Browser
Saving passwords on browsers can prevent you from getting locked out of your valuable accounts. That’s the easiest Facebook account recovery method without using email. However, you can benefit from this only if you saved your password on your web browser when you logged in to Facebook and your password wasn’t changed.
- To recover your Facebook account, open your browser, and go to Facebook.
- Click the typing area for email or phone number and select your saved login.
- Your login details will be automatically filled in. Click ‘Log In’.
3. Find Your Facebook Account from Another FB Profile
If you’re already logged in to your Facebook account and asking, how can I recover my old Facebook account or if you can use another of your family/friend’s FB profile, finding the account you want to recover would become easier.
Because it’s possible that the profile you’re using may already have the locked account in its friend’s list or chats. One less hurdle!
If not, use the search box to enter your name, email address, or phone number to find your account. In case you can’t recall the email or phone number or you made them private, search your name and browse through the list of FB accounts.
Find the steps to use a Facebook account on a computer for recovering your locked FB account:
- Find the Facebook account and open the profile.
- Click the three dots under ‘Add Friend’ and ‘Message’, and select ‘Find support or report profile’.
- Choose ‘Something Else’ on the list.
- Select ‘Recover this account’. It will log you out and take you to the Facebook account recovery options.
- You’ll find the first and last letters of your email address and phone number you have set for the account. Select any one you have access to and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the Facebook recovery code you receive.
- Type your new password.
For finding your account directly from email or number without any other Facebook account, go to Fix 4.
If you don’t have access to your email or phone or your Facebook account is hacked, navigate to Fix 5, 6, and 7.
4. Reset Forgotten Account Password from Account Recovery Options When Can’t Login to Facebook
This is the easiest method provided that you remember your email address or phone number and have access to any one of them. Plus, you don’t have to ask anybody for FB account recovery. Start right from the Facebook login page.
- Open your web browser and go to Facebook.
- Click ‘Forgotten Password’.
- Type your email address, phone number, or username and hit enter. In the case of username, you’ll find a list of Facebook accounts and you need to select yours from it.
- Choose email or phone number to receive a recovery code for password change.
- Find the code received on your phone or email and enter it in the box. If you haven’t received a code, click ‘Didn’t get a code?’. Then, you’ll be back to the previous menu where you can select a different contact option.
- Now, you can set a new password for your Facebook account. Enter a new password and press enter.
5. Recover Your Account with Trusted Contacts
With the feature of Trusted Contacts, you can recover your old Facebook account even when you no longer use your email address and phone number.
But wait! This method works only if you activated Trusted Contacts when you had access to your Facebook account.
Here’s how to restore a Facebook account with Trusted Contacts:
- Open Facebook on your computer and click ‘Forgotten Password’.
- Enter the email address or mobile number you used for this FB account.
- On the ‘Reset Your Password’ page, select ‘No longer have access to these?’.
- Facebook will ask you to enter a new email address or phone number for receiving messages about your FB account recovery.
- Now, you’ll have to do the main thing. Each of your trusted contacts will receive a recovery code. Message or call them and ask them to visit Facebook recovery site and send you the code they received. When they send you the code, enter the codes in the specified area on the page and press Enter.
- You can now set a new password for your Facebook account.
6. Access Your Facebook Account When You Can’t Remember Your Email Address, Username, and Mobile Number
You should first try your email, full name, username, and phone number that you remember to find and recover your account, but if you can’t, follow these methods:
(This method depends on the luck factor. If you can guess your email or phone and still have access to any of them, only then you can recover the account).
Ask a friend to go to your profile, navigate to the About section of your account, and send you the email address or phone number (if visible).
If you kept your contact information private, ask a friend to perform these actions and send you the link:
- Tell them to go to your profile (on a web browser).
- Select the three dots under ‘Message.
- Find support or report profile
- Choose ‘Something Else’.
- Select ‘Recover this account’.
- Send you the link to the webpage.
Once you open the link, you’ll see Facebook Account Recovery Options with your contact details (hidden). Guess the email or phone number from their first and last letters.
Try to enter any email or number you owned that started with the letters shown. If you guess the contact info and find out that you have access to that email or phone, select it to receive a recovery code. Now, enter that code to set a new password for your Facebook account.
In case, you couldn’t guess the contact details or no longer have access to them, contact Facebook.
How To Recover a Facebook Account When You Cant Log In On Facebook App (Using Mobile)
- Check if You’re Logged In on Another Device or a Browser on the Same Device
- Find and Recover Your Facebook Profile from Another Account
- Recover Your Facebook Profile with Email or Phone Number
- Use Trusted Contacts
1. Check if You’re Logged In on Another Device or a Browser on the Same Device
If you’re sure your password isn’t changed, find another device where you may be logged in. It could be your old laptop, computer, or mobile. More importantly, check the web browser on your current mobile phone.
Because many of us log in on Facebook through a web browser as well along with the Facebook app. To check, open your web browser on your phone and go to Facebook.
If you find that you were logged in on your computer, follow these steps to add your phone number and reset your password:
- On Facebook, click the down arrow at the top right corner.
- Select ‘Settings & privacy’.
- Choose ‘Settings’.
- Click ‘Contact’ and select ‘Add another email or mobile number’.
- Now, choose ‘Add your phone number?’.
- Enter your phone number and the confirmation code to add the number.
- After that, navigate to ‘Security & Login’ from the side panel and click ‘Change Password’.
- Choose ‘Forgot your password?’.
- You’ll be taken to the account recovery options. Select the mobile number you just added.
- Enter the recovery code.
- Set a new password for your Facebook account.
If you found a mobile where you’re logged in to Facebook, perform the steps in the Fix 1 of the computer section.
2. Find and Recover Your Facebook Profile from Another Account
If you can’t remember the email and phone number associated with your FB account, find it from another Facebook account. You can use your new or main Facebook account or use a friend’s mobile to find your profile from their friend’s list or recent chats.
- Open your profile and tap the three dots below your name.
- Select ‘Find support or report profile’.
- Choose ‘Something Else’.
- Now, tap ‘Recover this account’.
- Facebook will log out of the account and bring you the recovery options. Select the email address or mobile number you can access.
- Enter the recovery code.
- Now, enter a new password for your Facebook account.
3. Recover Your Facebook Profile with Email or Phone Number
If you remember your email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account and have access to them, recovering your Facebook account would be a breeze.
But it’s noteworthy to mention that if you have only one phone number connected with the Facebook account and you have activated two-factor authentication, you might not be able to use that mobile number for recovering your FB account. However, you should still try because it sometimes works as well.
Perform the following steps to restore your account from the Facebook recovery page:
- Open the Facebook app on your smartphone and tap ‘Forgot Password?’.
- To find your account, type the phone number linked with the account. If you don’t have access to it, tap ‘Search by your email instead’, and enter your email address.
- Select email or phone to receive a code.
- Enter the Facebook recovery code.
- Create a new password for your Facebook account.
4. Use Trusted Contacts
The Trusted Contacts feature lets you recover your FB account with the help of your friends on Facebook. With it, you can perform Facebook account recovery without an email or phone number.
But it’s only available for those who added Trusted Contacts on their Facebook accounts before so they don’t lose their account if they forget their password, email, and phone number.
So, follow below if you’re wondering how to recover my Facebook account through friends.
- Open your Facebook app. On the login screen, tap ‘Forgot password?’.
- Type your phone number or tap ‘Search by your email instead’ for using email.
- On the next screen, tap ‘No longer have access to these?’.
- If you have set up Trusted Contacts, Facebook will ask you to provide a new email address or a phone number for account recovery.
- After this, you’ll see a few instructions and some boxes where you will enter the codes. Call or message your friends and tell them to visit Facebook recovery and send you the code.
- Upon receiving the codes, enter them one each into the boxes.
- Set up a new password for your Facebook account.
Recover Your Facebook Account if It’s Hacked
If you can’t log in to Facebook with the right password and/or your email and phone number are changed, you need to act fast.
- Recover Your Account If Email and Phone Number Are Not Changed
- Access Your FB Account If Your Email and Mobile Number Are Changed
1. Recover Your Account If Email and Phone Number Are Not Changed
To find out if your Facebook contact details are removed by the hacker or not, open Facebook > forgot password > enter your phone number. If it doesn’t find your account, perform the same steps and enter your email address (for the Facebook app, tap ‘Search by your email instead’ when it asks for a phone number).
In case the details are the same, select email or phone number to get a recovery code and reset your password. After creating a new password and logging in, change your email and phone number immediately.
2. Access Your FB Account If Your Email and Mobile Number Are Changed
If your email and number are replaced with the hacker’s, perform these techniques:
Reverse the Email Change Process
Open your email associated with the Facebook account and find any email from Facebook about the changed email address. You can open that email and reverse the email change. This happens because whenever an email is changed on an FB account, Facebook sends an email to the previous email address with reversal options.
After successfully doing this, set a new password from the account recovery options by opening Facebook and selecting ‘forgot password’. When logged in back to your Facebook account, change your phone number and email address.
Recover Account with Trusted Contacts
You have a chance if you enabled Trusted Contacts on your FB account in the past. You would ask, wouldn’t it be disabled by the hacker? Yes, but this option is sometimes ignored so you can try your luck.
Utilize the step-by-step procedures mentioned in the above sections (Method 5 in the computer section and Method 4 in the mobile section) to recover your account with your chosen friends.
If it fails, try contacting Facebook by reading the next section.
Contact Facebook Support
Facebook doesn’t have a live chat for queries and solutions to problems. But there are ways you can contact Facebook if you can’t log in to your Facebook account or your account is hacked. These methods don’t guarantee a reply from Facebook.
- Contact FB Support for General Information or Hacked/Disabled Accounts
- Buy an Ad on Facebook to Contact Support
- Contact Facebook Through Its Official Social Media Accounts
- Submit Your ID to Facebook
1. Contact FB Support for General Information or Hacked/Disabled Accounts
The basic support email of Facebook is firstname.lastname@example.org. But don’t expect a reply from this unless your query is unique. Even if you get a reply, it would be after a few days or weeks.
For disabled and hacked accounts, email Facebook at email@example.com. Now, this is not for people who can’t recover their accounts, but if you explain everything clearly, you might get a reply in a few weeks. For your hacked account, you must try it.
2. Buy an Ad on Facebook to Contact Support and Recover Facebook Account
If the Facebook account you want to recover is really important to you, consider buying an ad on Facebook to contact Facebook support as an advertiser. You can do this from the Facebook account of your friend or family.
3. Contact Facebook Through Its Official Social Media Accounts
Connect with Facebook using its accounts on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. If you don’t get a reply, try to comment under a recent post. Be polite and explain everything clearly.
4. Submit Your ID to Facebook
The ID submission option is for disabled accounts, but you can try submitting your ID to facebook in hopes of a response.
Secure Your Facebook Account
If you get access back to your Facebook account, secure it so you don’t have to go through this nightmare again. Use these tips:
- Set a strong password and remember it.
- Change your password every 6 months.
- Add another email and mobile number to your account and then activate two-factor authentication.
- Set up Trusted Contacts so you can recover your account with the help of your chosen friends.
That’s it! We hope you get access to your account with the above-mentioned methods. To avoid anything like this in the future, secure your account.
How Can I Recover My Facebook Password Without Email And Phone Number?
If you have set up Trusted Contacts, you can use your friends to recover your Facebook account. On the Facebook app, tap Forgot Password > Enter phone number > No longer have access to these > Enter a new email or phone > call friends to visit the Facebook website and send you the code > enter code > reset your FB password.
How Do I Get My Old Facebook Account Back?
To get your old Facebook account back, find it first. Open the Facebook app and search by username, full name, email address, and phone number. After finding it, open the old account profile > three dots > Something Else > Recover this account. You’ll be logged out and taken to the account recovery page. Select a contact to receive a recovery code, enter the code, and create a new password.
How Can I Recover My Facebook Account Without Code?
You can’t recover your Facebook account without entering a code unless you have your password saved on your web browser or you have set up Trusted Contacts. Open your web browser, go to Facebook, and click/tap the typing area. Your saved credentials will appear. Select them and login.
How Do You Change Your Facebook Password If You Can’t Remember Your Old One?
Changing your FB password without using the old one is pretty easy. Follow these steps:
– Open the Facebook app and tap ‘Forgot Password?’.
– Type the phone number or tap ‘Search by email instead’ for email.
– Select an option to get a recovery code.
– Enter the code.
– Create a new password.