Discord is a terrific way for gamers and other communities to connect and talk for free. It includes text and voice communication options. Although Discord does not provide a way to record these chats, third-party solutions are available.
Methods To Record Discord Audio
- How to Record Discord Audio with OBS on PC
- Record Discord Audio with Craig Chat
- Record Discord Audio with Elgato
- Record Discord Audio Using Audacity
- Record from Discord on iOS Device
- Record Audio from Discord on Android
- Record Discord Audio for a Podcast
- Record Discord Audio With Camtasia
- Record Discord Audio with Windows Xbox Game Bar
1. How to Record Discord Audio with OBS on PC
There are various ways to record audio on Discord on PCs. Use Windows/ Mac computers. You can use an OBS for recording discord audio.
- OBS for Windows 10 is identical to OBS for Mac or Linux. To capture Discord audio in OBS, follow the instructions below:
- Sign up for OBS and install it on your computer.
- In OBS, go to the “Sources” section and click the plus icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Audio Output Capture” from the dropdown menu. (Select “Audio Input Capture” for your voice)
- Click “Ok” after you’ve given your audio source a name. Ensure that the “Make source visible” option is turned on.
- Select your audio output device, such as headphones or speakers, from the dropdown box next to “Device.” “OK” should be selected.
- At the bottom-right edge of your screen, click the “Start Recording” button in the “Controls” area.
- Audio is recorded as a blank movie in MKV format by default. To change the format, go to “Output” and select an option from the menu next to “Recording Format.”
- Click the loudspeaker symbol in the “Audio Mixer” section to enable or disable microphone recording.
- You should notice a blue slider next to the loudspeaker icon. Shift it to control the volume of the recording.
- Click “File,” then “Show Recordings” to find your recordings.
2. Record Discord Audio with Craig Bot Chat
Use Craig if you are a server owner for audio recording. Go to Craig chat in your web browser. Invite Craig to Your Discord Server from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a server to which you want to add the Craig.
- Authorize and move to the next step.
- Re-enter Discord and select one of your text chat channels. “:Craig:, join” is a joining command. Join Lounge, where Lounge refers to the voice channel you’d like to record.
- Craig will send you a message on Discord letting you know that it’s recording and providing some further information.
- Go to the voice channel that you want to use. RECORDING, Craig will say. It will be apparent to everyone on your voice channel. Join Voice is the option to choose.
- Craig, please record your Discord audio. Return to a text chat channel and type the emoji command :Craig: before exiting.
- Craig will provide you with download or delete links for the recording. Choose the one that you desire.
For downloading your Discord recording, you’ll have numerous options on your web browser. Each participant will have their track in a multi-track. To download the recorded Discord audio session, select the audio format and track type you desire.
3. Record Discord Audio with Elgato
Elgato Sound Capture is also an excellent option for people looking to record Discord audio. Before you can start recording audio, you must first set up the hardware and software.
Connect the hardware to the device where the sound will be recorded. Elgato Game Capture HD software is available for download.
- To access the Elgato Sound Capture, run the Elgato Game Capture HD software and click “Settings.”
- From the top bar, select “Team Chat.”
- To change the settings, use the drop-down menu. To set up your microphone, first, select the desired audio input.
- The next step is to choose the correct output so that you can hear other speakers as well.
- You can now close the program while keeping the Elgato Game Capture software open to monitor your recording.
- You have the option of sharing your recordings on social media or saving them to your computer in a variety of formats, including MP4.
- Finally, press the red record button in the lower-left area to begin recording.
4. Record Discord Audio Using Audacity
Audacity is a simple-to-use free, open-source, cross-platform audio editor. It has a lot of features. Both a PC and a Mac can use Audacity. On each machine, the procedure of recording Discord with Audacity is slightly different.
- Install the software on your computer after downloading it.
- When the main window of Audacity appears, click “Edit.”
- Select “Devices” from the “Preferences” menu.
- Select your microphone as the recording device from this option.
- It’s now time to fire up Discord and go into a voice channel. To begin recording, press the red button.
- The black square button will end the recording, and you can then select a location to save your file by clicking on “Export.”
5. Record from Discord on iOS Device
Craig is an excellent pick for podcasts as well as other endeavors. However, before you begin recording, double-check that all people involved know that they are being recorded. It is prohibited in several states to record someone without their knowledge.
- You must first create a Discord server. After that, go to the official Craig Bot website and select the “Invite Craig to Your Discord Server” option.
- To use the bot, you must first log in.
- Enter the following command to invite it to the server you’ve created: Craig: join (name of your server). It will begin recording the voice chat that you specify.
- Enter the command: Craig: depart when you’re finished recording (name of your server). After that, you’ll receive an email with a link to tap to download the audio file.
- If you select AAC or FLAC, the file will be stored directly to your iPhone, where it can be edited.
6. Record from Discord on Android
The Craig bot is also compatible with Android devices. The steps are the same as they are on iOS devices.
- Craig can only be used if you created the server.
- You record audio on a server to which you are only a guest.
- The Google Play store has a category of apps to choose from.
- The well-known Camtasia allows you to record audio. It’s also great for recording tutorials.
- If you only need the sound, you’ll need to separate the audio from the video after you’ve finished recording.
7. Record Discord Audio for a Podcast
Depending on the Discord audio recording program you’re using. This platform allows you to generate fantastic podcasts. It’s no surprise that it’s so popular among podcasters because there are so many things you can do with it.
You can also choose a convenient format in which to save the recording. It allows you to ensure that all of your platforms and tools are compatible. There’s no need for a converter.
Different speakers can be downloaded as individual files. It is not necessary to edit the entire recording many times. On the other hand, you can record a complete show and then alter it as needed while maintaining a single file.
8. Record Discord Audio With Camtasia
Over 24 million users use Camtasia to record their screens and create video tutorials. Educators, trainers, and teachers, in particular. A personal license costs around $250, while an education license costs around $170.
- To begin, press the Start button.
- Use Camtasia to find what you’re looking for.
- Select Camtasia Recorder from the drop-down menu. It is the quickest method for getting started with recording.
- Select the down arrow on the Audio button in the Recording window.
- If you don’t want your voice recorded, choose either Record what you say through your microphone or Do not record the microphone.
- To capture voices in Discord, make sure the Record system audio has a checkmark next to it.
- To begin recording, hit F9 or click the big red record button.
- Select Stop or click F10 when you’re finished recording. The recording will be staged when Camtasia Studio opens.
- Choose Track 1, which is called “Screen.” It includes Discord’s video and audio. The recording of your microphone is on Track 2 with the label Audio.
- To split the audio from Track 1 Screen, go to Edit > Separate Audio and Video.
- You should now have three tracks to edit and save.
9. Record Discord Audio with Windows Xbox Game Bar
You could also use your Windows game bar to record Discord audio.
- Press the “Windows” key, then “G” on your keyboard. The game bar will appear, and you’ll be able to see all of the available options on the screen.
- Pick the audio you need to record from the “Audio” option on the left.
- Select the microphone icon above to enable it while recording.
- Click the “Record” key (or use the shortcut Windows key + Alt + R).
- The file will be stored on your computer when you stop the recording by clicking the button in the top right corner.
You know how to record Discord audio after reading all of the methods. At every point in time, you should be able to find and share the best stream bits.
Check out our article on How to Screen Share on Discord
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you record Discord audio on mobile?
Neither audio nor video calls can be recorded in Discord. An online recording program or software can be used to record discord calls.
How do I record games and Discord audio?
Record the Discord call. Your Discord software must be operating in the background. All you have to do is turn the camera on or off to capture both the audio and video. Toggle the camera by pressing the camera button adjacent to the red “Leave call” button in the call screen’s middle.
Can you record a stream in Discord?
Video and audio calls should be able to be recorded. The option to record should be available as soon as the video/audio call begins. After the call has ended, the video and audio should be processed and posted to the group or channel… The user can also download the video/audio from there if they so wish.
Can OBS just record audio?
OBS is built from the ground up to record video. While you may adjust the audio quality, it’s not intended to be used solely for recording audio. You’ll also have to deal with the post-recording conversion. We propose that you use different software instead.