Are you getting the infamous ‘Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a not working’ error? Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a wireless network adapter is essential for Wifi connection. If this error surfaces, you won’t be able to connect to the internet.
If your Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a is not working, you won’ get Wifi on Windows 10. The error appears when your Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a wireless adapter doesn’t work. It could be missing or outdated. Here are all the solutions available for you:
Common Solutions For Windows 10 Wi-Fi Adapter Driver
- Restart The Internet Connection
- Restart Your System
- Use Network Troubleshooter
- See If You’re Connected To Other Devices
- Use An Additional Driver
- Try LAN Connection
- Check For Windows 10 Update
Restart The Internet Connection
Try to restart your internet router / modem. Do the same thing for your computer, turn off the Wi-Fi, and then restart it. You can also reboot your PC. See if this fixes the issues. If not, then move on to the other step.
Restart Your System
Make sure to restart the system at least once before moving to the severe solutions given below for the Wi-fi drivers.
Use Network Troubleshooter
Go to the Taskbar and find the Wifi icon (Network Icon). Right-click on it and Open The Network & Internet Settings. If you scroll down, you will see Network Troubleshooter. Run it to fix any lingering issue. If that doesn’t work, you can move to other solutions.
See If You’re Connected To Other Devices
Check your phone or another laptop and see if they can access the Wi-fi. If they can access the connection, the problem might be with your Qualcomm driver, not the computer.
Use An Additional Driver
Maybe it is a hardware problem and not a software issue. Try and connect an additional driver device to your computer. Use another wi-fi device. If that works, great. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Try LAN Connection
Before you do anything drastic, try a LAN connection. See if this fixes the data issue. If yes, then the driver may be at fault. It could be some other lingering problem.
Check For Microsoft Windows 10 Update
Finally, check for the latest update for your Window. Make sure that you download the latest version. Then, reboot the computer and see if this solves the issue. If not, it’s time for you to follow through with the complete guide below.
Solutions To Fix Qualcomm Drivers Issue On Windows
- Disable And Enable The Adapter Driver
- Roll Back The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
- Reinstall The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
- Compatibility Mode For Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
- Update The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Driver
How To Fix Qualcomm Drivers Issue On Windows 10?
1. Disable And Enable The Adapter Driver
Do you know how we restart the system or reconnect the device after an error? Disabling and enabling a network driver is similar. If you’re facing connectivity issues or driver errors, give this option a try:
- Press Windows + R Key to launch the RUN application.
- Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press OK.
- You will arrive at a Device Manager Window. Double-click and expand the Network Adapters.
- Find the Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a wireless network adapter. Right-click on it and click on Disable Device. Click yes when the prompt window appears.
- Apply changes or Click OK and restart the system.
- Then go to the Device Manager again. Right-click Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a wireless network adapter. Select ‘Enable Device.’ This will restart the driver.
Now, go ahead and see whether the Qualcomm Atheros network adapter is working. You can restart the PC once more after enabling the driver.
2. Roll Back The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
Do you have a program or tool that automatically updates the driver? If so, you might want to see if you can roll back. Sometimes, the latest updates are for upgraded devices. However, the driver may be incompatible if you have an older device. Windows Updates can also prompt this problem.
- Once again, launch the RUN Box by pressing Windows + R Keys. Then, type devmgmt.msc to launch the device manager.
- Expand the network adapters and find Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a wireless network adapter.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Select the Driver Tab and find the ‘Roll Back Driver’ option. Unfortunately, if it is grey (or dark), there is no rollback available. But, if it is available to click, give it a go.
- Select the reason as you go, click Yes. Apply changes, Press OK. Restart your computer.
Check if you can connect to the internet. If not, move to the other solutions. Similarly, move to the next solution if you have a grey/darkened option to roll back.
3. Reinstall The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
Just like enabling and disabling the driver, reinstalling may fix the issue. However, you must go to the device manager and expand the network adapters.
This time, right-click to uninstall the driver. If you can’t find the option, go to Driver’s properties. You will find the option to uninstall the driver there.
After that, you can restart your computer. Then use the same way to install the driver you used the first time. If you have lost the driver file or device, get a new one.
See if reinstalling the driver fixes the problem. If not, you can also use compatibility mode to install the driver.
4. Compatibility Mode For Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Wireless Network Adapter
You can also reinstall the Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a driver by using this mode. Compatibility mode will help you ease things out:
- Use the device (CD/DVD/FlashDrive/etc.) to have the setup file.
- Right-click the driver setup file and select Properties. Then go to the Compatibility Tab.
- Check on the ‘Run This Program In Compatibility Mode’ option. Don’t forget to choose the Operating system from the list.
- Once you select the OS, Apply settings, click ok and run setup.
Now, go ahead and follow through with the standard installation process. Make sure to have the correct Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a driver file.
5. Update The Qualcomm Atheros Qca61x4a Driver
Rolling back the driver is not the only option you have. Maybe you didn’t update the driver. Some older drivers are full of errors. Also, they might not work with the latest OS or device. So, it is a good idea to update your Qualcomm wireless adapter. This will also fix any corruption or other problems:
- Once again, run the device manager. Go to the Network adapter and right-click on the driver name. The same Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 wireless adapter.
- From the options, click on Update driver.
- Now, you can choose one of the two options. Click on ‘Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software.’
Unfortunately, you will need an active internet connection for it. You can use the LAN cable and connection. After all, the Qualcomm Atheros ar9485 wireless adapter error won’t allow Wifi.
You can also go to the internet cafe and download a driver. Then return to the system and choose the other option to find and select the driver. You can also install the driver automatically.