Do you face hurdles when trying to print text messages from an Android device? Don’t worry! This article has got you covered.
We can bet you all must be wondering what’s there to learn about printing text messages. It’s a simple process. Unfortunately, it’s not. The process of printing text messages on Android isn’t as straightforward as it’s viewed.
Read on as we discuss everything regarding this topic and other important details.
2 Necessities To Print Text Messages From Android Using A Printer
To print your text messages directly via your mobile phone using a printer, there are certain requirements you should take care of. These include:
- Your printer must be connected to a high-speed Wi-Fi or local internet connection. Without a Wi-Fi-connected printer, printing text messages isn’t possible. You can always go through your printer manual to check whether your printer supports Wi-Fi or not.
- Your Android phone must support printer connectivity. To check for this, follow these steps.
- Tap on the gear icon to open the device’s Settings.
- Type Print in the search bar and tap on the magnifying glass icon on the right.
- After searching, if Printing Services, Printing Job, or Print appears on the screen, your Android phone is up for direct printing.
Note: Your Android phone and the printer should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network for printing. You can refer to your printer’s manual to check the guidelines for connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi.
Once your printer and Android device fulfill the conditions above, you can proceed with the next steps to print text messages from the Android phone.
1. How to Directly Print Text Messages From An Android To A Printer?
Once you’re done connecting your printer and Android to the Wi-Fi, follow the below steps for printing.
- Take the screenshot of the text message you want to print. This is mandatory because Android phones don’t feature an in-built option to print text messages directly from the app.
- To capture the screenshot, long-press the Volume Down/Up button and the Power button simultaneously.
- Open the screenshot folder of your device. To open it, you can do the following:
- Tap on the Files or File Manager icon, which looks like an image of a folder. The exact name may vary depending upon the model and manufacturer.
- In the main menu at the upper, tap on Images.
- Then, select the Album option.
- Check the Screenshots folder.
- Select the screenshot you want to print and tap on it. If you require an app to open the image, you should go ahead with the default Photos app.
- Tap on the Share icon.
- Select the Print option among the options shown on the screen.
- Adjust the printing options on the screen accordingly. Next, from the upright corner, choose the dropdown arrow.
- Tap on the name of your printer.
- After confirming your printing options, select the Print button.
- If the printer is connected, it will start printing.
- Repeat the same process for other screenshots.
So, that’s how to print text messages from Android via a printer.
2. How To Print Text Messages From Android With A Screenshot?
The screenshot approach to print text messages from Android is probably the easiest and most convenient source. You don’t require any third-party application or connectivity for the same. You can directly print from your phone using the Google Cloud Print setup.
You need to follow the below steps to make this process a success.
- Select the SMS conversation you want to print. Then, take a screenshot of the conversation following the steps above.
- Take multiple screenshots till the target conversation is fully covered. Alternatively, if your Android device supports this feature, you can also go ahead with a scrolling screenshot.
- Select the saved screenshot.
- Tap on the Share icon at the bottom.
- Please search for the cloud printer app and tap on it.
- It’ll open the cloud printer, via which you can send screenshots of the texts.
If you don’t have access to the cloud print setup, you can choose email on the share screen. You can share the screenshots via email so they can be accessed via computer or any other device connected to the printer.
So, this was a simple way of printing the text messages with a screenshot.
Let’s jump into some other ways of doing the same.
3. How To Print Text Messages From Android Via Android Message Backup?
Printing text messages via Android Message Backup is an effective way. Taking screenshots and printing them individually is quite chaotic and troublesome sometimes.
To get rid of this, you can easily transfer the text messages to the PC and print them via a printer. The messages of our conversations are saved in the phone memory or SIM card. So, with the help of any third-party application, you can conveniently print them. Many users refer to the Android Messages Backup.
This application helps you copy each bit of the details of your conversation. Your conversation has text messages, contact names, numbers, and every detail that can be completely printed via a printer. This also offers you to create a backup of the important information so that you do not miss out on any of that.
You can also restore messages from your system to your android. It also lets you manage different data, such as contacts, photos, videos, and more. What’s great? Various Android phones, including Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, etc., support this application.
Android Messages Backup has two separate versions for Windows and Mac. You can choose accordingly. The information above might be enough to know about the application. Let’s have a look at the steps that operate the same.
- Download The Software On Your PC
Down and install this software on your PC from its official website. Then, open the application and connect your mobile phone using a USB.
- Make Your Android Phone Detected
You’ll get a menu on the screen after linking your phone successfully. The following steps are followed to enable USB debugging so that your phone can be easily detected.
- After detecting your Android phone, a USB driver will be installed on your PC.
- Your data will be scanned via a USB drive.
- An interface will appear on the screen via which you can preview all the data on your Android phone.
- Copy The Message To The Computer
- Click on the SMS folder to preview the conversation on your phone.
- Select the messages you want to print.
- Click on the Export button.
- Choose the format for the output among the available such as TEXT, CSV, etc., and the messages will be saved on your computer after this.
- Print The Exported Messages On The PC
Once you receive the backup file of the messages, you can print them via the printer. Open the Android messages in any suitable format with Microsoft Excel. For that, follow these steps.
- Click on the File option.
- Click on the Print option.
- Click on Confirm.
Wasn’t it easy to operate it? You can print the messages using this application very conveniently.
4. How To Print Text Messages From Android By Emailing Them?
As long as we have an option to export messages from Android to PC, we can always print out these text messages by emailing them. This can be done by printing them by downloading the attached file in the email.
Another important thing to ensure is that your message application must have an email feature. The below steps should be followed to print messages via email.
- Send The Messages To The Email Account
- Open the SMS app on your phone.
- Search and select the Backup SMS option.
- Select the conversation and send it by tapping OK.
- Enter your email address and password if prompted.
- Download And Print Messages
- Download the attached file.
- Open the file with Excel.
- Tap on File and then the Print option.
5. How To Print Android Text Messages With Third-Party Apps?
If taking screenshots is a chaotic task for you with the above methods, you can always opt for a third-party application to easily move ahead with the process. There are various applications available for this purpose. Some of these are:
1. Super Backup
Super Backup is one of the most known apps for printing Android text messages. Firstly, please install the application on your Android phone and launch it. Then, follow the given steps to print text messages from the Android.
- Tap on SMS on the main screen of the Super Backup app. It’ll present multiple options to manage the messages on the phone.
- Tap on the Backup Conversations button.
- Choose the SMS conversation you want to print. You can select single or multiple conversations according to your needs.
- Tap on the View Backups button on the SMS screen.
- Select the backed-up file of the text messages you want to print.
- Tap on the Printer icon at the top of the window.
- Select the Cloud Print option for sending the printout to the printer.
In case you do not have access to the Cloud Print set-up, you can choose to print the PDF. The PDF file can be sent via Google Drive or email.
2. Droid Transfer
Droid Transfer is another great Android application to save and print text messages. It also helps in printing emojis and pictures used in the SMS conversation. The date and time of the particular messages are also printed along with the conversation.
For transferring the files, you need to download the Droid Transfer application on your PC and Transfer Companion on your Android phone. The two applications transfer the data via a Wi-Fi connection or USB.
The steps to be followed are:
- Install and download the Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Connect the android phone to the PC using Wi-Fi or USB.
- Tap on the Messages option from the list.
- Select the conversation that you want to print.
- You can select all the conversations based on the dates via Set Date Range.
- Tap on the Print icon and print your selected conversation.
3. SMS Backup+
SMS Backup+ is also another convenient option to print the Android text messages. It also works by keeping the backup of the messages on the memory card. To keep the backup, you must link it with your Google email account via enabling IMAP.
Follow these steps to print text messages via SMS backup+.
- Download and install the application on your phone.
- Switch on the connect button to log in to your Google Account.
- Select the backup of the messages before moving to your Google account.
- Choose the conversation you want to print.
So, this was all about how to print text messages from Android.
There can be several reasons why you’d want to print text messages from an Android device. You can use in-built features or third-party applications, whatever suits you. However, the built-in screenshot and print options are the most straightforward.
We hope it might have given you an idea about how to go about printing the Android texts. You can always choose the method supported by your devices.