Pin someone on Snapchat on android is a quick way to send a friend a message. Learn how to pin someone on Snapchat from this article.
Do your important chats get lost in your chat list due to a large number of snaps you receive daily? Well, Snapchat understands that not every conversation is equal, which is why it offers the pin conversation feature.
If you don’t know what the pinning feature does and how to use it, you have come to the right place because here, we will tell you everything you need to know about it.
What Happens When You Pin Chats on Snapchat
When you Pin a chat on Snapchat, it always appears on the top of your chat list even if you receive messages from other contacts.
Therefore, pining is done to prioritize a chat over other chats, so no matter how many messages you receive, the pinned chat remains on the top, so you don’t have to scroll every time to find it.
If you don’t want a chat to appear on the top, you can simply unpin it, and it will function like regular chats.
Can You Pin Someone on Snapchat on Android?
Sadly, Snapchat doesn’t allow android users to pin chats. This is because Snapchat was meant to be an app for iOS users only, but due to its popularity, it was also released for Android.
Yet, some features like the Pin feature of Snapchat still didn’t make their way to Android.
Many android users have reported this issue to Snapchat but haven’t heard anything from their side yet. However, it is expected that Android users may get the chance to use this feature anytime in the future.
Note: Even though you can’t pin chats to your Snapchat on Android, you can add chats to your home screen, which kind of offers the same function.
How to Pin Someone on Snapchat on iPhone?
If you’re an iPhone user, you can use this feature on Snapchat. The process for pinning chat on Snapchat is straightforward, and you can do it by following some simple steps mentioned below:
- Open your Snapchat app and swipe right from the camera screen to go to the friend’s screen, or tap on the chat button on the bottom left.
- Here you will see a list of friends and groups you have on Snapchat. Scroll through the list and find the chat you wish to pin. If you can’t find the chat you want to pin, you can also search for it in the search box.
- No long press the chat or group chat that you want to pin.
- A pop-up will appear on your screen with multiple options. Press Chat settings and then tap on Pin conversation.
Another way to do this is by going to your friend profile, tapping on the three dots in the top right corner, and selecting pin conversation from there.
Note: You can only Pin three people at a time; if you want to pin another chat after the three are already present, you would have to remove one to add another.
How to Unpin Someone Conversation on Snapchat?
Now that you know how to pin a chat on Snapchat, you would probably be wondering how you can unpin a chat on Snapchat as well. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to unpin a chat from Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app on your iOS device.
- Go to the chat screen by pressing the chat icon on the bottom left corner and long-press the pinned chat you want to unpin.
- A pop-up will appear; press on More and tap on Unpin Conversation.
How to Customize the Snapchat Pin Icon
Snapchat allows you to customize friend emojis, icons, or emoticons used to identify a pinned chat. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Select the setting icon; scroll down to manage, and tap on it.
- Now select Friends Emojis.
- Press Pinned Conversation.
- Select the emoji you’d like to replace with the default pin icon. The change will go live immediately, and you don’t need to save any changes.
- Now go back by pressing the back arrow a few times on the top right corner of the screen until all the setting menus have been closed.
- You will now see the new pin icon on your selected chat.
Will a Pinned Friend Receive a Pinning Notification?
No, it doesn’t matter if you pin or unpin a chat on Snapchat; your friends would not get a notification. However, if you delete messages from a pinned chat, they will get notified immediately by Snapchat.
Pinnig conversation is an excellent feature of Snapchat that allows users to keep some chats always on the top of the chat list, so they don’t have to scroll and find them every time.
Unfortunately, this feature isn’t available for Android, and there is no idea when it will be released.
However, those with an iOS device can use the steps mentioned above to pin and unpin chats from their Snapchat.