Performance Testing is a Non-functional software testing process that is used for validating the response time, speed, stability, reliability, scalability, and usage of a software application under different workloads. The primary purpose of performance testing is to identify and eliminate the performance bottlenecks in the software application.
Below is the list of Top 14 Best Performance Testing Tools that are currently available for software testing.
JMeter is an automation testing tool which performs load test, functional test, regression test, on different technologies. It supports various types of applications, protocols, and servers like SOAP, TCP, FTP. SOAP, LDAP MOM, shell scripts, Mail Protocols, Java objects, database.
- It is open-source software.
- Interactive and straightforward GUI.
- It is highly protractile.
- The test plans are stored in XML format.
- It is platform-independent.
- Best API automation tool.
It is free to use.
It is an enterprise testing solution capable of generating reliable, real-life load scenarios, for the most complex systems, with smart analytics offering performance insights.
WebLOAD is based on a platform with built-in support for technologies and integration with many tools from CD/CI pipelines to monitoring.
- WebLOAD offers Cloud (SAAS) or as an On-Prem deployment
- It has a flexible test scenario creation.
- It supports every major web technology.
- Automatic bottleneck detection.
- Easy customer support.
You need to visit the website for a quote.
It is a cloud-based software testing tool, which is used to test several mobile applications. LoadStorm is a cheap testing tool, which is used to simulate various testing scenarios. It depends upon traffic, in the sense that if your mobile application is designed for high usage and traffic, then you should check out this tool.
- Freemium version.
- Scalable plans.
- Real-time analytics.
- Month on month contracts.
- Mobile optimizable.
- Create custom reports.
- Video tutorials.
You need to visit the website for a quote.
The eggplant testing tool is an automated application testing and debugging tool. It tests a single source of truth for the user experience. Eggplant’s solutions can try cases at any layer from the database.
- It is the best GUI automation testing tool.
- The testing is done from the user perspective.
- It is reliable, and the tests are done quickly.
- It uses a single test script for various scenarios.
- Integrate with popular test management tools.
The license costs around $3400—the second stream costs around $1,700, and the third stream around $850.
Loadrunner is a solution for Performance Testing by Hewlett-Packard (HP). It is one of the best automated tools for Performance Testing and has occupied almost 50 percent of the market share. Loadrunner simulates hundreds of virtual users into your application, monitors different performance metrics, and isolates another client and server bottlenecks. Check out this article for LoadRunner Tips.
- Cloud Testing.
- Root Cause Analytics.
- Supports a Wide Range of Apps.
- Continuous Testing.
- Mobile Testing.
- Interactive User Transaction Simulation.
- COMMUNITY EDITION-Free
- VIRTUAL USER DAYS-$1.40/virtual user day
- ENTERPRISE EDITION-Contact vendor
It is an alternative to JMeter and helps in fixing its drawbacks. It is one of the best testing tools that allow for scriptless test scenario creation. It also excels in test reporting and uses automatic test criteria evaluation. It fully supports CD/CI integration. It is available for Mac OS, Windows, and Linux.
- It offers a scriptless test scenario creation.
- Comprehensive reporting with automatic evaluation
- GUI test runs with real-time results
- CI/CD ready
- Personal-$39 / month for 500 Vusers
- Pro-$99 / month for 1000 Vusers
- Pro+-$299 / month for 5000 Vusers
NeoLoad is an automated testing platform for organizations continuously testing applications. The platform offers testers and developers automatic test design and maintenance, fast root cause analysis, built-in integrations with the entire SDLC toolchain. It lets you reuse test assets and results from functional testing tools. It supports the full range of web, mobile, and packaged applications, such as SAP, to continuously schedule, manage, and share test resources and results across the organization to ensure application performance.
- Automated API Tests
- Dynamic Infrastructure
- Resource Reservation
You need to visit the website for the price.
A free benchmarking utility tests your CPU, RAM, disk speed, graphics, and other system parameters, creating a report of its findings that you can upload to the site with an optional free account. NovaBench is easy to use to benchmark their system with it, but the information it gathers is useful even to pros.
NovaBench’s tests are quick. The tests are the same for every system since it’s a benchmarking tool that collects data compared to other users’ systems.
- Test in Minutes
- Optimize & Repair
It is free to use.
It offers you to quickly create scriptless load tests, reduce the testing time by 50%, and get actionable, browser-based metrics. You can capture client-side interactions and identify performance problems immediately. LoadNinja empowers teams to increase the test coverage without compromising the quality by removing the tedious efforts of dynamic correlation and script scrubbing.
- Scriptless load test creation.
- Playback with InstaPlay recorder.
- Real browser load test execution.
- VU Debugger.
- VU Inspector.
- No server machine & upkeep required.
- Sophisticated browser-based metrics with analytics.
- Starter-$1,199 /year, 100 Virtual Users (per test), 100 Load Hours (per year)
- Pro-$5,199 /year, 1000 Virtual Users (per test), 100 Load Hours (per year)
- Premium-$7,799 /year, 2,500 Virtual Users (per test), 100 Load Hours (per year)
SiSoftware Sandra is an information & diagnostic utility. It must provide most of the information you need to know about your hardware, software, and other devices, whether hardware or software.
It tries to go beyond and show you more of what is going on, giving the user to draw comparisons at both a low and high-level. You can get information about the chipset, ports, printers, sound card, video adapter, memory, Windows internals, network, AGP, PCI, PCIe, USB2, ODBC Connections, 1394/Firewire, etc.
- Benchmark UI Change
- Select Multi-Threading
The lite version is free, and the rest of the versions are paid. You need to visit the website for a quote.
CyberFlood is a powerful and easy-to-use test solution that generates realistic application traffic and attacks to test your app-aware networking devices and solutions’ performance, scalability, and security. Test and enforce application traffic policies. Benchmark performance and capacity. Validate network security.
- Emulation, Not Simulation.
- Broad Capabilities.
You need to contact the vendor for the price.
K6 previously known as Load Impact is a cloud-based testing system to create their websites, mobile applications, and APIs by performing a series of performance tests indicative of your systems’ stress endurance.
- Possibility to add extra IPs.
- API testing.
- Automated and advanced scripting.
- Browser emulation.
- Mobile testing
- Developer –$59 per month
- Team –$339 per month
- Pro – $1199 per month
It targets application scenarios that are difficult to test. It automatically fixes errors to its proprietary autocorrelation. StresStimulus records user actions and emulates variable usage patterns. It also loads impact on application responsiveness and server infrastructure. The analyzer finds hidden concurrency errors left unexposed by functional testing and included detailed application performance metrics.
- End-to-end Test Wizard covers steps from recording to test results.
- Multiple load generators support cloud testing.
- Works as a stand-alone tool.
- Exports script to Visual Studio test format.
- Manual scripting is not required.
With by Dotcom-Monitor, you can show your applications’ actual performance under load. It utilizes real browser-based testing for web applications, websites, and APIs.
- Cloud-based testing in real browsers.
- Supports Rich Internet Applications, like Flash, Java, HTML5, PHP, Ruby.
- Quick and easy build test scripts without touching a line of code.
- Test compatibility on 40+ desktop or mobile browsers and devices.
- 13+ worldwide cloud locations using AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Performance metrics that can be shared with various stakeholders for capacity planning.
You need to check on the website for a quote.
We have listed some of the top performance testing tools that are currently available in the market. Each one has its pros and cons. Based on your application technology you can choose the one that best suits your testing needs.