How To Pair A New Fire Stick Remote Without The Old One? If you wish to use the FireStick with the new replacement remote but cannot access the settings that allow you to add a controller, you may link the new remote using the Amazon Fire TV Remote App.
You will need to pair the new remote and then delete the previous one from the device listing to pair a new Fire Stick remote without the old one.
Two strategies exist for doing this. The linked TV remote is the first option, while the Fire Stick app is the second.
Reading this blog to the conclusion will teach you what to do if your Fire Stick remote becomes lost and you’re unsure if you need to buy a new one. Get a piece of paper and a pen and start recording!
How To Pair A New Fire Stick Remote Without The Old One
I’ve had a Firestick for a while, and I enjoy how simple it is to use and all the extravagance it offers.
For you to not worry, my team and I have researched quite a lot on Amazon Fire Sticks. Bottom line? You must pair the new remote and delete the outdated remote from the device listing to pair the replacement Fire Stick remote without the original remote.
Or, You may accomplish pairing using one of the following methods:
- Pairing Up a Fire TV Stick Remote Using the Amazon Firestick App
- Linking a Third Party Remote With Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Pairing Additional Fire Stick Remotes
- Using Default TV Remote to Control The Fire Stick and Pair a New Remote
1. Pairing Up a Fire TV Stick Remote Using the Amazon App
If you wish to link the Fire Stick remote with the new one but cannot reach the settings that allow you to add a controller, you may use the Amazon Fire TV Remote app to connect the new one. The steps to accomplish so are as follows:
- The first step in utilizing the app to add the new Fire Stick control is to launch the app from the home screen.
- Then, choose Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Please select Amazon Fire TV Remotes from the option that appears.
- Then, proceed by selecting the Add New Remote option.
- When that is complete, select the remote that you wish to link.
2. Linking a Third Party Remote With Amazon Fire TV Stick
There are remotes with the Fire Stick that you may buy on Amazon if you lose yours and need a replacement immediately.
Additionally, everyone can use third-party remote controls, which offer another option.
To use the Fire Stick, feel free to add more than one third-party device. These may be used not just for controlling things, gaming, and a few other things.
The Fire Stick can receive IR signals for control thanks to the Inteset IReTV Remote. It relies on a few accessories to make it feasible.
Remember that controlling the Fire Stick is like controlling your TV with this arrangement.
The Fire Stick is compatible with most gaming controllers, including the Xbox Series X/S one and any other Bluetooth-enabled controller.
You can match them according to the guidelines below:
- First, go to the Fire TV menu and choose Settings.
- After that, choose Bluetooth Devices and Controllers.
- Game controllers should be picked as the third item.
- Select Add a new game controller after that.
- The controller must be placed in pairing mode as the fifth step.
- The controller’s name will appear on the screen as soon as the Fire TV Stick locates.
You may navigate the Settings menu to add new remotes by using any of the remotes that have previously been linked.
If you’re wondering about the maximum number, it’s seven against one Fire Stick.
3. Pairing Additional Fire Stick Remotes
It is extremely simple to link multiple Firestick Remotes. Any previously linked remotes can be used to access the Settings menu and add new remotes.
4. Using Default TV Remote to Control The Fire Stick and Pair a New Remote
You can simply link the new replacement remote with your TV remote as your Fire Stick remote.
- Hold the HOME button as the Fire Stick boots up and restart the device.
- The previous remote may be removed from the device listing by navigating through “Settings” to “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices” using the TV remote connected to the Firestick.
- Additionally, you may unpair the remote using the Amazon Fire TV app.
If you need to set up a new Firestick TV remote but have misplaced the old one, you may use a third-party software called CetusPlay to operate it on your smartphone.
Install the app from the Play Store or the App Store, then set it up by following the on-screen prompts.
You may immediately skip all these pairing steps and use the app to control your TV.