Apple always goes to great lengths to keep its services fully integrated while keeping everyone else out. Though we have only begun to talk about this now with the introduction of the term walled garden, Apple started this work in 2005 .Pages file.
So what is .Pages and why was it created? The .Pages is a file-saving format used by Apple Pages, which is the company’s answer to Microsoft Word. It helps you create a report, poster, resume, letters, etc., modify your new or existing document and then save the file in .pages.
Now, the issue arises when you try to open this file on a Windows-supported PC. You always receive a prompt, “How do you want to open pages format file?” Why does this happen? Well, the crux of the matter is that neither Microsoft Word nor Google docs provide support for .pages files.
If you’re trying to open a .pages file on Windows, you’ve come to the right place. We have gathered some of the best methods to open a .pages file.
- Open a Pages Format File Through PDF File
- Open A Pages Format File Through iPhone Or iPad.
- Open A Pages Format File Through Cloud Convert Website
- Open A Pages Format File Through iCloud Website.
- Open A Pages Format File Through FreeConvert Website
1. Open a Pages Format File Through PDF File
You can use the option of PDF Reader to preview the Pages File. Pages Files are Zip Files that also carry JPG files. You can use this method to open Pages File by converting the extension of the .page file into a zip file. Therefore, you can edit the .pages document with PDF Reader. Follow these steps to open a page format file.
- Open the folder where you have the Pages File.
- Take the cursor to the file, then press Right-click.
- Choose the “Rename” option to rename the Pages File.
- Now replace then .Pages File extension with .zip and save the extension change by pressing the enter key.
- The computer will ask for confirmation; click on the YES button. Now it is converted into a Zip file.
- Now Right-click on the Zip file.
- Drop down the cursor and select the option “Extract Here.”
- Now the file is ready to use on your PC.
Ensure that the file extension is visible on the PC to change the extension of the page document correctly. To make it visible, follow these steps: Open folder> Options> View> Uncheck “Hide extensions for the known file type.”
2. Open A Pages Format File Through iPhone Or iPad.
If you have an iPhone or iPad and need to open the Pages format file on your computer, you have to convert the Pages file into a PDF or Word document and then send it to your PC. Here are the instructions to open a Pages format File using your iPhone or iPad.
- Open the Pages Format file from your Gmail or Apple Mail apps on your iPhone/iPad.
- Click on the Pages file to view it.
- Select the Share option at the top right.
- Select the Pages Application.
- Click on the Ellipsis (3 dots) icon on the top.
- Choose the Export To option and select Word or PDF.
- When the file is uploaded, send the file via Mail or Gmail that your computer obtains quickly.
- Now open the mail on your PC, download it, and your Pages file will be ready to open in your computer’s PDF or Word file.
3. Open A Pages Format File Through Cloud Convert Website
Another easy method to open Pages File is through the Cloud Convert website. This website is free to use, and you can easily convert various format files as required.
You can change the file types of Pages extension into JPG, PNG, Rich text format, DOC, or DOCX files through Cloud Convert. Not only does it open the file quickly, but it also maintains Apple’s iWork suite quality.
Here are the instructions to open a pages format file through the Cloud Convert Website.
- Open the cloudconvert.com website.
- Click on the arrow button beside the Select File and choose the destination where you save your Pages File.
- Select the Pages file and click on the Open button.
- Now press the button convert to then you would have to select the format you want to convert the Pages file.
- Then click the Convert button, which starts the uploading process.
- When it shows Finished, the Download button appears, so click on it to download the file.
- Click the “Show in folder” button then the Pages file appears and is ready to use on your Windows PC.
4. Open A Pages Format File Through iCloud Website.
It is another excellent method to open any page file through the iCloud Website. You can create an iCloud account for free if you don’t have an iPhone.
You can open the Pages format file and use it either online or can also download it to use it on your PC. To open a page format file through the iCloud website.
- Choose the Pages application on your Home page.
- Click on the upload document icon at the top middle of the webpage.
- Go to the location where you have to save your Pages file, then Select the Pages file and click on the Open button.
- Open the uploaded new file and click on the option View Pages Tool.
- Choose your desired option you want to convert your Pages File.
- Now open the downloaded file on your Microsoft Word.
5. Open A Pages Format File Through FreeConvert Website
It is the fifth method to open Pages Format File on your Windows PC. Free convert Website is the best to securely upload the iOS device file through HTTP protocol and easily convert your Pages file in your desired format. Here are the instructions to open Pages Format File Through Freeconvert Website:
- Open Freeconvert.com in your browser.
- Click the Converters option on the top, dropdown the cursor, and click on Document Converter.
- Click the arrow beside Choose File and select the location of your Pages File.
- Select the Pages File and click on the Open button.
- Select the option you want to alter your Pages File beside Convert To box.
- Now click on the Download button and save it to your desired destination.
- Now your Pages file is ready to open on the MS Word document.
.Pages files can be opened in a variety of ways. You could rename the format into a pdf file, use your Apple devices to send the file in PDF to your Windows computer, or use third-party websites to convert the file into your desired file format and download it. Another way of opening a .pages file is by using an iPad or iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Open A Pages Document On A PC?
A page document cannot be opened on a PC because no application on Windows supports the .pages file format. Microsoft Word and Google Docs cannot modify or edit a .pages file.
What Program Will Open A Pages File?
There are many tricks to opening Pages files on your computer. Here are some programs to open a Pages file on Windows PC.
– PDF Reader
– Cloud Convert Website
– iCloud Website
– FreeConvert Website
– Using iPhone Or iPad
How Do I Convert A Pages File To Word?
Before converting the Pages file into a Word document, download the Pages app on your iPhone/iPad. Now follow these steps:
– Open the Pages App.
– Select the file you want to convert.
– Tap the More (3 dots) button.
– Choose the Export option.
– Tap on Word format.
– Now, save the file or share it as you need.
How Do I Open Files In Mac’s Page Format?
Here are the steps to open files in Mac’s Pages format:
– Open the folder where your file is situated.
– Drag the file to the Pages icon or Application folder.
– Then, the file is ready to open in your MAC OS.