YouTube is one of the well-accepted popular video-sharing websites for watching videos and listening to hundreds of music songs. Most of the time, the platform generally works well. There are occasions when you can encounter issues such as no sound on YouTube.
If the video plays but no sound comes through, there’s most likely a problem with your computer or web browser. Fixing these issues on your machine should restore your video volume.
You’re likely having trouble hearing sound or audio when watching YouTube videos. It is a widespread problem among YouTube viewers. It is also relatively simple to resolve.
How to fix No Sound on YouTube Videos?
Even if you don’t recall making any changes to your computer settings, this problem can occur. It may continue even after you’ve turned up the volume on both YouTube and your personal computer.
Various circumstances could have resulted in you being unable to hear audio when watching a video on YouTube. Problems with your browser or Adobe Flash Player, site settings, or system sound settings, to name a few, are among them.
You do not, however, need to be concerned. Here we have provided multiple solutions to fix the no sound on YouTube videos problem.
1. Make Sure Volume Settings Are Correct
While this is the most obvious cure for no sound on YouTube videos, Some users have switched off machine sound settings. It resulted in a no sound on YouTube problem on their device. You must ensure that your system is capable of playing sounds from any source. Other applications and websites, such as YouTube, would not playback sound if this is not done.
Follow the given steps to fix YouTube’s no sound problem.
- In the right-hand corner of your taskbar, click the speaker button. Make sure the volume Mixer slider is not on mute and is turned up.
- Pick Sounds by right-clicking on the speaker icon.
- Click the Test button in the new window to see if you can hear something.
- Close the window and repeat the right-click on the speaker icon.
- Select Open Volume Mixer from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the sliders are up.
2. Update the Adobe Flash Player
YouTube videos are played by default in the Adobe Flash Player plugins. An obsolete Flash Player may cause a variety of issues, including no sound on YouTube.
Other problems, such as YouTube sluggish videos, YouTube not playing videos, and so on, can be resolved in this manner.
Follow the procedure to update to the latest version of adobe flash player.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key plus R.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the Run box that appears, then click Ok or press Enter.
- Tap the ‘View installed updates’ button on the left-hand side of the window.
- Look for Flash Player in the list and look at the last time it was checked. If it is new, right-click it and choose Uninstall.
3. Update The Sound Drivers For Your Sound Card
Before we get into the advanced approaches to update sound card drivers, look at one of the more straightforward ways to update audio drivers.
You need to modify your sound card drivers. First thing, make sure the sound card driver is turned on.
- Launch the Run dialogue box. Open the Start menu and check for ‘Run’ in the search bar.
- Open Device Manager, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the text field, and press Enter or OK.
- ‘Sound, video, and game controller’ should be found. To extend it, click on the button.
- Right-click your system sound (Realtek High Definition Audio or another driver). If the choice is available, select ‘Enable computer’ from the context menu.
- If any of the listed devices have a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in the center, it means there is a problem with it.
- Select ‘Update Driver software from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
If the step fails to update the driver. Go to the manufacturer’s official website and download the driver. Make sure the one you get is compatible with your setup before you buy it.
4. Audio Troubleshooter To Fix YouTube No Sound
You can use the built-in troubleshooter in Windows to fix the problem you’re having. It has worked for a lot of people, and it could work for you as well. Sometimes no sound on YouTube problems may occur due to corrupt software.
- Click on the start button in the left bottom corner of the screen
- In the text area, type ‘Control Panel’ and press Ok or Enter.
- Now type ‘troubleshooting’ into the search bar. From the search results, select the choice.
- Select ‘Hardware and Sound’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select Playing Audio from the Sound category.
- Wait for Windows to identify and automatically fix any problems by clicking the Next button. All directions that appear on the screen must be followed.
5. Check your Web Browser Settings
The web browsers may trigger the sound problem. It may be a problem with the extensions and plugins that have been added. It can cause YouTube no sound problem to appear.
Reload the YouTube video and restart the browser. Web Browser restart could help fix the problem.
Try viewing the popular YouTube video in another browser. If you have music, the issue is almost certainly caused by your browser.
Clear the Web Browser Cache for YouTube video
If your volume settings are correct but you still don’t hear anything, clearing your browsing history and temporary files might help. For Chrome browser, follow these steps to fix the video no sound error.
- Start the browser.
- At the top-right edge of the web browser page, click the ‘three dots’ icon.
- Click on the history. Alternatively, press ctrl+h on the web browser.
- At the left, you will see a “Clear browsing data” option; click it.
- Select ‘All time’ under the Time range option on the ‘Advanced tab.
- Press the checkboxes next to the following items:
- Web browser history
- Cached images
- Site settings
- Click Clear data.
Patches and features in the new updates help to increase performance. Audio streaming and video streaming quality also improve.
The final option for resolving the YouTube no sound issue is to use a new browser. There are multiple browsers available on the market, including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Opera. If you like your browser, consider reinstalling it and watching the YouTube video.
6. Check Your Antivirus Program
If the problem continues after you’ve tried all of the above options, you should look into your security software.
They could be interfering with Flash material, particularly if they have a real-time scanning feature. It prevents third-party flash content from connecting.
Disable your antivirus application for a few minutes and observe whether the sound on your YouTube video appears.
Contact the program’s vendor and inform them of the issue.
They must be able to guide you on what you should do.
You might also want to think about installing a new security package.
7. Restart the Smartphone Device
In certain circumstances, YouTube’s lack of sound can be traced back to being trapped in headphone mode. At this time, rebooting the computer may be all that is required to fix the issue.
For the iPhone, quickly push and release the “Volume Up” key, then repeat on “Volume Down,” then keep pushing the “Side” button until you see the Apple logo.
Press the “Power” button on an Android smartphone to bring up the power off-screen, select “Reboot,” and wait for the initialization to finish.
Restart your YouTube app and test the sound again by playing any video.
We have shown you how to address the no sound on YouTube issue in this tutorial. When this occurs, you can use the above-mentioned standard methods to get rid of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does the sound on my computer not work?
Check to see if your headphones are plugged in. When headphones are plugged in, most Android phones switch off the external speaker. If your headphones aren’t entirely seated in the audio jack, this may also be the case.
Why is YouTube mute all of the time?
Your audio is muted because there has recently been a shift in how the YouTube videos and Flash combo works. You might not be able to save any settings. You have to let your Adobe Flash Player save content to your disk, and all YouTube videos will play muted.
Why does YouTube on my phone have no sound?
To check if the sound on your Android device is muted, go to volume settings and then sound. Unmute it and raise the volume using the volume settings app or the smartphone’s sound buttons. Now, see if the YouTube video begins to playback audio as well.