Corrupted system files may be the source of the “MSVCP140.dll is missing” error in some situations. MSVCP140.dll is a version of the “vcruntime140.dll.” Also, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing” issues.
The error could have occurred for a variety of reasons. One of the possible causes is corrupted or damaged system files caused by a virus or malware. I recommend doing a comprehensive system scan using anti-malware software.
Reimage may be able to resolve the “MSVCP140.dll automatically is missing” error. Removing the need for you to worry about manual solutions and how to execute them correctly.
What is the MSVCP140 File?
Microsoft provides the msvcp140 file as a DLL System File for Windows. These.dll files contain instructions that various software may require to function. When the msvcp140.dll is missing, several DLL missing error messages may appear.
Here are some of the DLL error messages.
- Because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. The software can’t start.
- msvcp140 is either incompatible with Windows or includes an error.
- Because msvcp140.dll is missing. The code execution could not be completed.
- Starting msvcp140 was unsuccessful. The module you requested could not be found.
- msvcp140 could not be loaded. The requested module was not found.
DLL files are usually installed automatically by the software or game that requires them. However, it does not appear that this is always the case. The DLL file was not included in the software or game installer.
Microsoft offers a large number of various DLL files. Unfortunately, a system update or problem can corrupt your DLL file. It results in a corrupted and unusable DLL file.
What is MSVCP140 used for?
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages 2015 is linked with the msvcp140.dll. This file is required for the proper operation of Visual C++ programs. Visual C++ is used to make several games. As a result, you may see this file in the task manager when the game is running.
It is a dynamic link library (DLL) file. DLL files are shared files that the operating system makes use of. It executes programs that have been appropriately installed on the computer. As a result, DLL files are an essential part of the system.
They are essential for all programs to work. Your computer’s Systems folder contains a plethora of DLL files. These are shared files that are unrelated to the software that installs them on the computer.
Methods To Fix “Msvcp140.Dll Files Are Missing”
- Run System File Checker
- Reinstall the problematic software
- Re-register the file manually
- Install Windows updates
- Check the DLL File is Not Deleted
- Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
- Install the DLL file separately
- Use System Restore
- Windows Defender Scan
- Update System Drivers
1. Run System File Checker
To run a built-in scanner named System File Checker, use Command Prompt. If one of the system files is corrupted, the SFC scan will detect and repair them. The system file integrity check command verifies patches. Also, protect Windows system files automatically.
- In the search box, type cmd or Command Prompt.
- Choose Run as administrator from the menu when you right-click on the search result. System File Checker can be used to check for corrupted files.
- Enter sfc /scannow into the command prompt. This utility searches for and restores corrupted system files.
- This procedure could assist you in locating the faulty file. As a result, if Microsoft’s damaged DLL file is provided, this function can assist you in replacing it.
A system check will begin once you enter the command. Please be patient, as this will take some time. The notice “Windows Resource Protection discovered corrupt files and successfully fixed them” will appear once the operation is completed. Alternatively, “Windows Resource Protection discovered faulty files but could not repair some of them.”
2. Reinstall the problematic software
Reinstalling the program, as stated in the error message, may resolve the DLL is missing issue. The program’s installation files may include the correct version of the DLL file.
- Hold down the Windows logo key and press R on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- To get a record of all the applications installed on your computer, type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Uninstall the software giving you the issue by right-clicking on it.
- To confirm that you wish to uninstall the program, click Yes.
- Your computer should be restarted.
- The program should be reinstalled and then launched.
3. Re-register the file manually
If relocating the missing msvcp140.dll file to the correct location does not resolve the issue, you must register it.
1. Place your DLL file in the C:/Windows/System32 folder.
2. Open the command prompt app as an admin privilege.
3. Press Enter after typing “regsvr32 msvcp140.dll“.
4. Install Windows updates
Updates to Windows are critical for the device’s proper operation. Patches also add a layer of protection against software flaws that hackers could exploit.
Follow these steps to update Windows and fix the “DLL file is missing” error:
- Windows Update can be accessed under Settings on Windows 10.
- Select the Start menu, then the left-hand gear/settings icon.
- Choose Update & Security on the left, followed by Windows Update.
- Choose Check for updates to see if there are any new Windows 10 updates.
- Updates are downloaded and connected automatically in Windows 10. It will happen as soon as the check is completed. Additionally, when you aren’t utilizing your computer.
5. Check the DLL File is Not Deleted
It’s possible that you mistakenly destroyed the DLL file. It is one of the common causes for a DLL file missing error. It should be located in your computer’s Recycle bin if you did not use Shift + Delete. To get it back, go to your Recycle Bin, find the missing file, right-click it, and choose Restore from the menu.
6. Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
The Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 includes the DLL file. It comes pre-installed with Windows since it is required to operate some apps. The MSVCP140.dll file is missing error can be fixed by reinstalling Visual C++ if the.dll file has become corrupted.
It’s such an essential item that it’s installed by default when Windows is installed. So the MSVCP140.dll file may exist, but it’s been corrupted somehow.
Fortunately, you can simply re-download and install the package from Microsoft to resolve the issue.
- Go to the download site for Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update.
- Select the appropriate language, then click Download.
- Choose the proper file for your Windows version runtime library. (x64 for 64-bit Windows, and x86 for 32-bit version).
- Simply type system info in the search bar on your computer to find out what version of Windows you have.
- Select System Information from the drop-down menu. You can tell whether you’re running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows operating systems by the System Type field.
- Double-click the file and follow the on-screen directions to install it.
- Windows should be restarted.
7. Install the DLL file separately
Fix your problem “MSVCP140.dll is missing” error. Also, not found in your computer by restoring the missing file. Use the DLL-files.com Client to do so.
Your DLL issue will be fixed in one click with the DLL-files.com Client. You don’t need to know what operating system your machine is running. You won’t need to bother about downloading the wrong file.
- Look through the msvcp140.dll file’s available versions.
- Select the relevant file and click the “Download” button. If you’re having trouble deciding which version to use.
- The DLL-files.com Client is available for download and installation.
- Start the program.
- In the search box, type MSVCP140.dll and then click Find DLL File.
- In the search result, click msvcp140 DLL files.
- Install should be selected.
- Before you can install the files, you must first register the application. You will be requested when you click Install. Follow step 3 to learn how to register.
- Check to see whether your MSVCP140.dll missing problem has been resolved after installation.
8. Use System Restore
When you need to fix an error like DLL, System Restore comes in handy. You have the option of restoring Windows to a point in time when the DLL file was not broken. As a result, reinstalling Windows to a previous date undoes any modifications to system files.
To remove the DLL issue, follow the steps to restore Windows using System Restore.
- To open the Run dialogue, press the Win + R keys together.
- In the Run text box, type “rstrui” and press OK or Enter. It’ll launch the system recovery tool.
- The “Choose a different restore point” option may be available in the “System Restore” window. If that’s the case, choose this choice and move on to the next step.
- To display a complete list of dates, use the “Show more restore points” checkbox.
- To restore Windows 10, choose a date. Remember to choose a restore point that will return Windows to a time when the DLL error notice was absent.
- To confirm your restoration point, click the “Next” option, then “Finish.”
- The DLL error should be addressed after your computer reboots properly and boots up with the restored version of Windows.
9. Windows Defender Offline Scan
“Windows Defender” is a built-in application in Windows 10. It allows you to scan your computer for viruses and spyware and remove them. Go to the settings to enable the Windows Defender Offline scan. There are chances that some malicious software has deleted the DLL file.
- Go to the “Windows Defender” section under “Update and Security.”
- Press the Win key or go to Start and select the Gear icon. Alternatively, press the Win + I keyboard shortcut.
- Go to the Update and Security area and then to Windows Defender.
- The checkbox “Windows Defender Offline scan” is located at the bottom of the defender settings. To begin, select “Scan Now.” Before resetting your computer, remember to save all unsaved data.
- After pressing the “Scan Now” button, the computer will reboot and scan for viruses and malware.
- The machine will restart after the scan is completed, and you will see a report on the completed scan in the notifications.
Third-party anti-malware software
Malwarebytes is a popular and powerful virus and unwanted software removal tool. Even if you have a high-quality third-party antivirus installed, it is handy. Scanning in the latest Malwarebytes version can be done both automatically and in real-time.
- Start Malwarebytes and select the Scan Now option. On the left of the program’s window, you may also choose Scan.
- The system will begin scanning, and the findings will be shown.
- Select the goods you want to quarantine and then click the “Quarantine Selected” button. You may be asked to reset your computer after being quarantined.
- You can erase all quarantined items by going to the appropriate part of the application after it has been resumed.
- Restore some of them if something from your software began to work incorrectly after quarantining.
10. Update System Drivers
Driver updates for Windows and network adapters, displays, printers, and other devices. All can be downloaded and installed independently. Just go to Windows Update Center or with the help of specialist applications.
Update device drivers manually.
- Type Device Manager into the search box and select Device Manager.
- Choose a category to see the names of the devices and right-click the one that needs to be updated.
- Select Automatically search for new driver software.
- Select Update Driver from the drop-down menu.
- Windows won’t be able to locate the new driver. In this scenario, the user can find the driver on the manufacturer’s website.
- All of the necessary instructions may be found there.
Drivers for your devices are updated automatically.
- Drivereasy Updater keeps your Windows drivers up to date automatically. Driver updates are no longer required regularly.
- Drivereasy Driver Updater can be downloaded from the official website.
- Install the program.
- Open the app.
- Driver Updater will search your computer for out-of-date or missing drivers.
- To update all drivers automatically, click Update.
Errors relating to “msvcp140.dll is missing” can occur for several different reasons. Go through the information above to figure out how to fix your problem. You’ve probably solved the “msvcp140.dll file is missing” error by given solutions.
How do I open a DLL file?
Right-click the appropriate folder containing the new DLL file. Do this while holding the Shift key and selecting “Open command window here.” The Command Prompt will open to that folder directly. Press Enter after typing regsvr32 DLLname.dll.
What does it mean when MSVCP140 DLL is missing?
MSVCP140. DLL is a Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 component file. The missing DLL file is shown by the error messages. It is not possible to run the associated program. The problem has been seen to occur most commonly when attempting to launch Skype.
How do I fix the missing concrt140 DLL?
Download and install the right version of Microsoft Visual Studio C ++ 2017 on your computer. Then restart your computer. Try restarting the game or program that crashed with the concrt140. DLL file as soon as you log in again.
Why does Rocket League say MSVCP140 DLL?
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages 2015 includes MSVCP140. DLL as a required component. It’s essential for games made using Visual C++. The game may crash if the file becomes corrupted or disappears. It causes the data to be lost or corrupted. DLL errors message.