Don’t panic if your computer won’t awaken from the earlier slumber you gave it. To resolve the “monitor not waking up after sleep” problem in Windows 11 and 10, try each of the suggested fixes below.
Why Is The Laptop Monitor Led Blinking?
Computer monitors frequently include one or more LED indicator lights that display the status of various devices. Monitor makers can incorporate a set of signals into the firmware of these devices’ circuit boards.
These consist of patterns of LED flashes and color changes that let you know when there are issues with your hardware, connections, or electricity. When familiar with its codes, you can understand and react to your monitor’s blink alerts.
Fix Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep Mode In Windows 10 And 11
- Turn Off Hibernation (Power Management)
- Disable Fast Startup
- Disable Onboard Graphics
- Update The Graphics Card Driver
- Allow Keyboard And Mouse To Wake Up The PC
- Uninstall Problematic Apps
- Disable Deep Sleep Mode Settings
- Update Motherboard BIOS
1. Turn Off Hibernation (Power Management)
Hibernation is a different power-saving mode in Windows. Still, it is notorious for interfering with sleep mode and causing the Windows 10 machine to not wake up from sleep mode issues. Therefore, we can try turning the function on and off to see whether that fixes the issue.
- Press the Windows key on your USB keyboard, then type CMD. Then select Run as administrator from the Command Prompt menu.
- When asked by a User Account Control popup, select Yes.
- Hit Enter after entering powercfg.exe /hibernate off and powercfg.exe /hibernate on. (It will open power option settings).
- To test whether your computer is operating properly, try sleeping it and then waking it up.
2. Disable Fast Startup
Our computer can restart more quickly thanks to a new feature in Windows 10 called fast startup. But occasionally, it might cause issues with the shutdown and startup processes, leading to the Windows 10 issue where the machine won’t wake up from sleep mode.
- Press the Windows key and R simultaneously on your keyboard, then paste powercfg.cpl into the box and select OK.
- Click the “Choose what power buttons do” option.
- Select the “change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Before clicking Save Changes and closing the window, ensure the box next to Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked.
3. Disable Onboard Graphics
To resolve the Windows 11 black screen after sleep issue, you may wish to disable the onboard graphics driver if your computer has dual GPU configurations.
- Select Device Manager by performing right-clicking on the Start icon.
- Expand the Display Adapters menu, then select Disable device by right-clicking on the onboard GPU.
- Restart your computer and see how the Sleep mode functions.
4. Update The Graphics Card Driver
Device Manager uses a Windows tool to control internal hardware, such as graphics drivers and peripherals. Additionally, you can manually upgrade your graphics driver using it.
- To open the Run window, press the Windows key and R.
- Click OK after entering devmgmt.msc to launch Device Manager.
- Expand the Display adapters area in the Device Manager window. It will provide a list of every installed integrated and specialized graphics driver.
- Update Driver can be selected by right-clicking on the display driver you want to update.
- Choose Find drivers automatically. Windows will check for and download any available driver updates.
- You can also update the graphics driver from the Windows Update menu.
5. Allow Keyboard And Mouse To Wake Up The PC
Sometimes, your computer won’t come out of sleep mode because your keyboard or mouse can’t activate it. Allowing your PC to be awakened by your keyboard and mouse:
- Hit the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on your keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc into the box and press Enter.
- Double-click on Your Keyboard Device > Keyboards.
- To check the item, click Power Management before clicking OK to allow this device to wake the computer.
- Try this fix on your mouse device once again (usually under the category of mice and other pointing devices).
- Sleep your computer, then later wake it up to see if the Windows 10 won’t wake from sleep problem has been fixed.
6. Uninstall Problematic Apps
You might need to delete any recently installed apps, especially ones connected to power management. It would help if you uninstalled these applications to resolve the monitor not waking up after sleep issue on Windows 11.
- Select Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + S, typing control, then selecting it.
- Click the Programs options Uninstall a Program button.
- Click the Uninstall option after choosing any newly installed program that might be the cause.
- To finish the procedure and restart your PC, adhere to the onscreen instructions.
7. Disable Deep Sleep Mode Settings
- Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on your keyboard, then type powercfg.cpl into the box and hit Enter.
- Click Change plan settings after selecting the desired Power plan.
- Change advanced power settings by clicking.
- Double-click on Sleep, then turn off hybrid sleep and enable wake timers.
- Click OK > Apply.
- Please restart your computer, test it again, and see whether it consistently starts up.
- Check if this solution fixes the “monitor not waking up after sleep” issue.
8. Update Motherboard BIOS
When updating the BIOS, set up lasting battery charging sources. Otherwise, the PC’s motherboard can sustain damage from brief power interruptions.
- Copy the most recent BIOS update you downloaded to your USB flash device.
- Click the Start button while holding the “Shift” key to restart the computer.
- Go to the “Advanced options” menu by selecting “Troubleshoot.”
- You can now enter BIOS by selecting “UEFI Firmware Settings” and restarting the computer.
- Select the option to update BIOS from a USB flash drive by clicking the “Update BIOS” button.
People recently reported that their PC was not waking up after sleep mode. The LED light turns on, and the computer is turned on, but the screen remains black. This is a common issue and can be fixed in no time. Follow all the solutions given above to fix the “monitor not waking up after sleep” issue.