Phone numbers are no longer as easily remembered as street addresses. While you used to remember your phone number, your best friend’s, your girlfriend’s, and the number for the neighborhood pizza joint, the introduction of smartphones have rendered this memorization exercise obsolete.
You probably do not call your phone number frequently; if you do, it is presumably in your Favorites, so you do not have to remember it out of your hippocampus.
With that fact comes the typical sense of anxiety when a new acquaintance asks for your phone number and you have no idea what it is.
Perhaps you have been so accustomed to using your secondary mobile number that you have forgotten your primary!
Do not fret; you are not alone. You can instantly get your phone number using an iOS or Android smartphone.
We will demonstrate how to find your mobile number from SIM 2G or 3G SIM (and other ways you probably didn’t know).
On iOS, How Can You Find Your SIM Number?
The following methods can be applied to finding your mobile number on an Apple iOS device, be it an iPhone or an iPad:
- Requesting Mobile Number from the Carrier: Dialing, Calling, or Texting
- Finding Mobile Number Through SIM Card in iPhone Settings
- Finding Mobile Number Through SIM Card in iPhone Contacts
- Find your Mobile Number through iTunes.
1. Requesting Mobile Number from the Carrier: Dialing, Calling, or Texting
- Try dialing your network provider’s helpline. You may be able to phone or text a particular number that will display the special code on the screen, depending on your carrier.
- T-Mobile: In the Phone app, enter #NUM# (#686#)
- Vodafone: Dial *#1001 in the Phone app
- Sprint: In the Phone app, enter #NUM# (#686#)
- EE: Text the word “Number” to 150
- Orange: You will quickly receive a reply message with the SIM number after you dial *266#
Other carriers, such as AT&T and Verizon, do not provide this service. You may look up a mobile service provider and “phone codes” to discover whether your provider offers a number for this purpose.
- Calling the service provider. Some SIM cards may not display their number in any phone’s settings. In these circumstances, you must contact the service carrier specified on the SIM card.
If you can not make outbound phone calls, take the card to a retailer that sells the SIM cards for that service carrier.
A customer care agent should be able to assist you in locating the relevant phone number.
If you purchased a new SIM card, it might not yet have a number. You can activate it on the carrier’s network after inserting it into a compatible phone.
The carrier may determine the number automatically if you call from the phone while using the mystery SIM card. If not, keep the SIM card exposed so you can read the serial number aloud.
- Send a text message. If the SIM card is operational, you may text or contact someone and inquire what phone number they see. Unless the number is unlisted, this will work.
2. Finding Mobile Number Through SIM Card in iPhone Settings
You can determine your very own phone number from the SIM Card on an iPhone by taking the following steps:
- Put the SIM card into your iPhone. Your iPhone will identify the corresponding phone number after registering the SIM card.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone. Look for the gray cogwheel symbol on your home screen or in your app library.
- Tap Phone after swiping down. This is the choice in the fifth group of possibilities, which has a green and white phone receiver.
- The phone number may be found next to “My Number.” On the page, it is around halfway down. This shows the phone number corresponding to the SIM card you just put in.
3. Finding Mobile Number Through SIM Card in iPhone Contacts
To do this:
- Launch the Contact’s application on your iPhone. It is the phone receiver symbol in green and white on your home screen. The SIM card provides the number associated with your virtual “card” in your iPhone’s contacts.
- At the bottom, select the Contacts tab. This shows all of the contacts on the iPhone.
- My Card should be tapped. It is on top of the list. Next to “Phone,” the phone number connected with your iPhone’s SIM card will show.
- The phone number should be in your iPhone’s Settings if you do not see it.
4. Find your Mobile Number through iTunes.
- Open iTunes and click the phone symbol in the toolbar, right next to the dropdown option “Music/Movies/TV Shows/Podcasts/Audiobooks.”
- This will take you to a new page with your device Information.
- To access your iPhone’s phone number, go to the “Summary” tab in the sidebar and look in the Phone number row.
- If you have a dual SIM iPhone, you’ll see two phone numbers on this page: “Phone Number 1” for SIM 1 and “Phone Number 2” for SIM 2.
- Using the iTunes app, you may also transfer your iPhone’s phone number to the clipboard.
- Copy the number by right-clicking it.
Find Your Mobile Number on an Android
On an Android, you can use the following methods to determine a mobile number:
Through SIM Card on Phone settings
Finding your Mobile Number from a SIM card on an Android
Be willing to acknowledge differences in the steps required to find your mobile number on an Android device.
This is because Android phones may be running different operating system versions, as well as differences in how the operating system is designed across device brands.
As a result, interfaces will differ depending on the device and the version of the operating system used. However, in general, all journeys begin with the settings.
- Open the Android Settings app. In your app list, look for the gear icon.
- Tap the About Phone or Device button. If none of these options appear on the Settings screen, you may need to tap System first.
- Select either My phone number or Phone Identity. The name of this option will differ depending on Android. If you do not see this option, look for Status or Sim Status instead.
- Locate your phone number next to “My phone number.” The phone number associated with your SIM card is displayed here.
- If you can not find your phone number, look for “SIM Status.” Tap that to open the final sub-menu, where your phone number is displayed.
Search your Mobile Number on WhatsApp
By selecting the Settings and Profile tab on WhatsApp, you can also search for your number (you can check your mobile phone number).
Examine the Packaging of Your SIM Card
If you need to find your SIM card number, it might be on the SIM card’s packaging.
If you do not have the original packaging, you should remove the SIM card from your phone, insert it again, and follow any of the hacks mentioned above to debunk your mobile number.
Visit your Retail Store
If you can still not grasp your cellphone number using the abovementioned techniques, you can go to the corresponding network operator’s retail store. They’ll tell you what number your mobile phone is hiding within that little SIM card.
Locate a Bill or Receipt
Your mobile number will be printed if you have a data plan and its records are handy.
Your number can be found on your original receipt (such as your LTE data usage summary), advance paperwork, or paper bills.
Access your online account
Some people can access their mobile phone accounts online. If you have already done so, you can log in to your account online and find your mobile number immediately.
So now you’re aware of how to derive your mobile phone number from a SIM card or through other settings, you can surely give it out to your friends, community representatives,s or anyone in an emergency.
You may want to write that down on paper and keep it handy.
FAQs Regarding Mobile Number from SIM
How Can I Find My Mobile Number From SIM?
Navigate to Settings > General > About. Scroll down to find the ICCID (SIM Card) number. 1. Navigate to Settings > About Phone > Status and scroll down to see the ICCID (SIM Card) number.
Is The Mobile Number On The SIM Card?
Note that SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module, which is your phone’s I.D. after you enter it. Your mobile network (the one from whom you purchased your SIM card) offers you a mobile number that cannot be transferred to another SIM card from the same provider.
How Do I Find Out What My Mobile Number Is?
The most effective method to get your phone number on Android is to go to Settings > About phone/device > Status/phone identity > Network. This differs significantly on Apple devices, where you may go to Settings > Phone > My Number.
Where Is The Mobile Number On A SIM Card?
Making use of USSD codes. If you have your SIM card on your phone, this is the quickest and most easy way to locate your 10-digit SIM number.
Send a text message…
Contact a family member or a friend.
Contact your service provider.
Verify your phone’s settings.
Assess your contacts…
Read the labeling of your SIM card.
How To Check Mobile Number From Sim Vodafone Idea?
Dial *111*2# on the Vodafone SIM card whose mobile number you wish to know. You will immediately receive a flash message on your phone’s screen with your Vodafone mobile number.