Using Google Chrome right from your Fire TV Stick is not officially possible as Amazon Store doesn’t support the app. You can install Chrome as a third-party app, but the easiest method to use Google Chrome on FireStick is to mirror Chrome to a FireStick from your phone or computer. With this, you can browse or stream anything on Chrome and it will cast that to your Fire TV Stick. Let’s begin!
Can You Connect Your Phone and Computer to Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Fire Stick supports Miracast. It is a wireless display devices connection protocol introduced by Wi-Fi Alliance. It lets you share what’s on one screen to another screen through a wireless protocol called Miracast.
With this, it becomes simpler for two devices with Miracast protocol to mirror to each other. You don’t need to be connected to a network as it creates its own network but if you are on the same network, it may be helpful.
Miracast is not a product like Chromecast. It extends the Wi-Fi Direct standard so any device can have it if its manufacturer and software-maker want to include it in their devices.
Does My Device Support Miracast?
A problem when casting different devices is that some support Miracast while others don’t. Windows 8.1, 10, and 11 are Miracast enabled, but Mac and iOS aren’t. On the other hand, Android officially supported Miracast till Android 6. However, some manufacturers like Samsung and OnePlus still support it.
You can simply try connecting your device with Fire TV Stick through its default casting and mirroring option to see if it supports Miracast or not. If not, you should use third-party apps for casting your smartphone or computer to Amazon Fire Stick or Fire TV Device for mirroring your Google Chrome browser.
Methods to Mirror Chrome to A Firestick
- Make Sure You’re Connected to the Same Network
- Cast Google Chrome to Your Fire TV Stick Using an Android Phone
- Mirror Chrome to FireStick Using iPhone and iPad
- Cast Chrome to a Fire TV Using Your Windows Computer
- Mirror Chrome on Your Fire Stick Using Mac (macOS)
- Cast Google Chrome on FireStick Using Chromebook
1. Make Sure You’re Connected to the Same Network
Before screen mirroring or casting any device to your FireStick, you should check that your Fire Stick and the device you want to connect are on the same network. It could be an ethernet (cable) or Wi-Fi network (wireless).
In the case of a Wi-Fi network, make sure that both are on either a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz band. You should check the name of the network on your Fire Stick and the other device to ensure the network is the same:
- From the Home page, select ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘Network’ from the settings menu.
- You’ll see a list of Wi-Fi networks in your vicinity. Check the name of the network that has ‘Connected’ written on it.
2. Cast Google Chrome to Your Fire TV Stick Using an Android Phone
Mirroring your Android-powered smartphone or tablet to FireStick is relatively simple. When the casting process is done, you can open Chrome and whatever you browse on it will be visible on your TV such as YouTube videos. Moreover, you can watch movies and TV shows on the big screen with this method as well.
For Android Phones That Have Miracast
Mirror Chrome to your Android Fire Stick for Android devices with Miracast. If you’re not sure, just follow these steps. If mirroring doesn’t work with these steps, then move to the next section that uses third-party apps.
- Press and hold the Home button until you see the menu on your TV screen.
- Choose ‘Mirroring’ from the menu.
- A screen will appear showing that your Fire Stick can now be connected to a phone (or computer). You’ll also see the name of your Fire TV Stick. Remember this name because you’ll connect to this name from your phone.
- Now, from your Android phone, swipe down and turn on the ‘Cast’ option. Some phones name this option ‘Mirror’ or ‘Wireless Projection’. Another method of finding the ‘Cast’ option on your phone is by going to Settings > Connected devices > Cast > three dots > Enable wireless display. The exact location of the Cast or Mirror option may be different depending on your phone’s manufacturer.
- When ‘Cast’ is activated, it will search for wireless displays. If everything works fine, it’ll find your Fire TV Stick with its name. Tap on the name to initiate the connection.
- After a few seconds, it will connect to your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Move your phone to horizontal mode, open Google Chrome, and browse anything on the big screen.
For Android Devices That Don’t Support Miracast
You need to carry out a few more steps in case your Android phone doesn’t support Miracast. We need to turn to third-party apps for enabling wireless display. We selected the free app AirScreen because it supports Android and Amazon Fire TV devices.
- From the Home screen on your Fire TV Stick, select ‘Find’ or ‘Apps’ and search ‘AirScreen’.
- Download and install AirScreen by selecting the ‘Get’ or the cart button.
- Open the app. If you’re using it for the first time, it might show a tutorial, dismiss it.
- On the next screen, choose ‘Confirm’.
- It will open another screen where you’ll see a QR code and a URL link. Both can be used to connect to your FireStick.
- Now, scan the QR code from your phone.
- Once confirmed, you can mirror your Android phone to your Fire TV Stick. Open Google Chrome and browse the internet on your FireStick.
Note: When mirroring your phone to FIreStick with the native casting option, you can also play content from streaming apps like Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu, etc.
But when using a third-party app for wireless display, you can cast videos, files, and Chrome, but you can’t mirror streaming apps. Let us know in the comments if this is still true or not.
3. Mirror Chrome to FireStick Using iPhone and iPad
If you want to use Chrome from your iPhone or iPad and mirror it to a Fire Stick or Fire Device, you need to rely on third-party apps, again. Because Amazon Fire Stick doesn’t support AirPlay whereas iOS devices don’t support Miracast.
Use these steps to mirror any content (except streaming apps) from your iPhone to a FireStick:
- On your TV powered by Fire Stick, select the search icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Search for ‘AirScreen’ and open it. It’s a free app that supports AirPlay.
- Install it by pressing the ‘Get’ button next to the app.
- When installed, open AirScreen. If using it for the first time, it shows how to use the app. Select ‘Start Now’ to begin using the app.
- Select ‘Confirm’.
- It’ll show a QR code and a URL that you can use to mirror your iPhone or iPad to your Fire Stick. In case of a QR Code, scan it with your iPhone’s camera.
- If there are any problems connecting to the Fire Stick, go to AirScreen settings and ensure that AirPlay is turned on.
- Install Chrome on your iPhone and mirror your browser to the Fire Stick.
Mirror iPhone to Fire Stick with native Mirroring Option
Some users say that it’s working so you can try casting your iPhone to the Fire Stick with the default mirroring option as well:
- On your Fire Stick, go to Home > Mirroring.
- You’ll see that your Fire TV Stick is ready for mirroring.
- On your iPhone, access the control center by swiping up from the bottom and tapping the ‘Screen Mirroring’ button or the button that has two screens on it.
- When connecting for the first time, it will ask for a passcode, enter it to mirror iPhone to Fire Stick, and use Chrome or Safari or anything else on your TV.
4. Cast Chrome to a Fire TV Using Your Windows Computer
Windows 8.1, 10, and 11 support Miracast so mirroring anything from your Windows computer to Fire Stick is pretty easy. Moreover, if you only want to cast Google Chrome, it is doable as well.
Mirror Windows Desktop to FireStick
Casting your whole Windows computer screen is beneficial because other than mirroring Chrome, you can play videos from files or streaming apps as well or do many other things. Use these steps to mirror your Windows to FireStick:
- On your Fire TV, go to Home > Mirroring.
- It will turn on the screen mirroring on your Fire Stick.
- Now, from your Windows PC (Windows 10 and 11), click the notification icon at the bottom right of the screen. (For Windows 7 and 8.1, find the display by going to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Add a device.)
- Select the ‘Connect’ icon.
- It will search for nearby wireless displays. Find the name of your Fire Stick and connect to it.
Mirror Only Google Chrome Running on Windows 10/11 to a Fire TV Stick
Google Chrome has a feature that lets you mirror Chrome without leaving the browser. It’s useful when you quickly want to share what’s on your browser on the big screen. Follow the below procedure:
- Open Chrome on your Windows computer.
- Click the three-dots icon and select ‘Cast’.
- It will search for devices that you can connect to. Find your Fire Stick and connect to it.
- With this, you can also choose a specific Chrome tab to Cast on your Fire TV Stick by selecting ‘Sources’ under the list of wireless devices.
5. Mirror Chrome on Your Fire Stick Using Mac (macOS)
Similar to iPhone, Mac doesn’t support Miracast as well. However, both iPhone and Mac cast on devices seamlessly using AirPlay. So, we can again use AirScreen as it accommodates AirPlay. After installing it on the Fire Stick, you can cast Chrome on your Fire Device using your Mac. Follow the below steps:
- On the Home Screen of your Fire TV Stick, select the Search button.
- Search for AirScreen and install it.
- Enable mirroring on your Mac by going to System Preferences > Display.
- At the bottom of the display menu, checkmark the option ‘Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available’.
- Now, run AirScreen on FireStick.
- You’ll see a pop-up on your mac for an available display. Connect to it.
- Open Chrome or Safari and browse on your TV.
6. Cast Google Chrome on FireStick Using Chromebook
Casting from Chromebook to a FireStick natively is almost impossible because Chrome OS doesn’t support many apps that don’t revolve around Google’s products or services.
If you can go wired, then casting is pretty simple as you only need an HDMI cable to mirror your Chromebook to Fire TV Stick.
However, for those of you who are looking for a wireless option for mirroring Chromebook to FireStick, it’s possible if you can enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook. After this, install third-party apps for casting from Google Play Store.
Use these steps:
- Go to the Settings of your Chromebook by clicking the time at the bottom right and selecting the cogwheel icon.
- You may find the Google Play Store option by just scrolling the settings page or by choosing ‘Apps’ from the side pane.
- Turn on the button next to Google Play Store.
- Open Google Play Store on Chrome and search for casting apps.
- Install a few of them and follow the instructions to mirror your Chromebook to a FireStick.
Mirroring Chrome to a FireStick is straightforward for some devices while for others, you need third-party apps. Be sure to follow the instructions for each device to enjoy Chrome on your TV.
What is mirroring on FireStick?
Mirroring on FireStick means that you can connect your phone or PC wirelessly to your FireStick. It literally mirrors your phone or computer’s screen onto the Fire TV screen.
Can you cast a Chrome tab to fire TV?
You can directly cast a Chrome tab to Fire TV from a Windows computer. Open Chrome > three-dots > Cast > select your Fire TV. From the drop-down menu of ‘Sources’ that is under the list of display devices, select your Chrome tab.
What devices can mirror to FireStick?
Almost all devices can mirror to FireStick. Some can mirror natively without any apps using Miracast whereas some need third-party apps for mirroring.
How do I cast Chrome to my Fire Stick?
For devices that support Miracast such as Windows 10 and 11 and some Android phones:
– On your FireStick, go to Home > Mirroring.
– On your Android phone go to > Settings > Connected devices > Cast > three dots > Enable wireless display.
– For Windows navigate to Notification icon > Connect.
For devices that don’t support Miracast such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac, install AirScreen on your FireStick.