Micro Focus UFT Mobile helps to amplify team productivity with an enterprise-level, end-to-end lab of real mobile devices and emulators.
This post will have the monthly Micro Focus UFT Mobile Tips and Tricks which will be a consolidation of various common issues in Micro Focus UFT Mobile. Do check out this article for troubleshooting tips and tricks for other tools.
Micro Focus UFT Mobile – Tips and Tricks – Jan 2021
1. Solving the error when the Object is unable to be identified in iOS13.x
It is often noticed among users that the object has not been appropriately identified in the iOS13.x version, it is viewed as a device. Usually, it is due to Webdriver entering into Safari since the iOS13 version previously. So it has become quite important to enable “Remote Automation”, that is in order to run the web object identification successfully in the iOS13 version.
This error can be fixed as well; users need to follow the simple steps given below: You need to enable the Remote Automation manually.
- To enable Remote Automation, the users need to navigate to Settings.
- Then you need to Select Safari, and under you will find Advanced and then click on it.
- Now you click on Remote Automation.
That ought to enable the Remote Automation; after this procedure is completed correctly, the above error would not occur again.
2. Solving the error when the application is not able to upload
It is often noticed among users that when they are trying to upload an approximately 59 MB, they encounter an error. This error becomes a troublesome issue as it hinders the uploading process of an application, and the error keeps occurring on the screen.
The error message on the screen says An unknown error occurred while uploading the app. Users can make sure that the app’s size does not exceed the permitted limit that is allowed as per the guidelines. There are certain rules and regulations regarding the minimal file size and instructions regarding how and where to change it.
This issue can be tackled easily by following certain measures carefully. The user needs to inspect the details of their Storage folder in the server and remain well informed about the specifications. The Storage folder’s default set name is: mcStorage, and it will be located under /opt/UFTMobile.
In case the user has not yet used the default name/path, then you can verify the value easily by visiting /opt/UFTMobile/installation. After that, the users need to open the file installvariable. properties accordingly.
In that location, you will be able to find the path on every entry USER_INPUT_STORAGE_PATH. Thus, you will be navigated to the storage folder; there, you need to check a few things:
- You need to inspect that this specific storage folder exists in the path mentioned and available.
- You need to check that the user you are currently using by default for UFT Mobile has acquired all of the permissions as per the guidelines on that storage folder.
The user also needs to make sure that the path used for the samples is the one that is given below:
After that, the user needs to upload the AdvantageShopping.apk carefully.
3. Instruction to fix the issue when some android devices don’t appear in the mobile center
It often happens that when users have three models of smartphones, they are met with an error. It happens that it is connected to any other connector when they do not appear in the Mobile Center, they are not even disconnected. These models are: SM-G988B/DSASUS_I001DDASUS_I01WD
This issue creates a lot of glitches at the time of the establishment of a connection. This error can be fixed, the user merely needs to take certain measures to prevent such errors from occurring in the future.
These devices, in particular, need to be formatted completely as a whole. Then the user needs to configure the devices accurately manually. After that, the users will be easily able to connect the devices to the available mobile center.
4. Solving the importCA.bat file failure error while updating the UFTM DM
It often happens that users cannot update the UFTM DM due to the failure of importCA.bat file and encounter an error. The error at the failure of the importCA.bat file is: ERROR: relation “property” does not exist
When the user tries to execute the query given below, it fails yet again from either the pgAdmin or psql. The error this time is similar to the earlier one that was mentioned.
You need to select * from the property:
- You will observe that there are two schemas visible, hp4m and public. The public schema is vacant. This must be the result of previous tests in this same test environment.
- The recent implementation (3.4P2) is not able to specify the schema name in the DB sentence, due to that when the query is executed, it uses the user search path. The user search path is responsible for listing the schemas to look in.
- When you run the command given below, it shows the search path. You will be able to know that the hp4m schema was not being included:
- Then you update the Postgres user search path:
ALTER ROLE Postgres SET search_path TO hp4m;
After these steps have been performed the importCA.bat file will run perfectly well. After that, you need to restart the server. Once restarting the server has been a success user will be able to confirm that the current UFT Mobile service is using the given internal CA certificate that was needed.
5. Solving the error when the connector server gets disconnected in UFT Mobile
It happens that the users are facing errors when the connectors get disconnected in UFT Mobile.
The files are:
You can fix this error; you need to follow the steps given below carefully:
- You need to stop the connector.
- Make sure to backup the current files before you replace them so that you don’t lose them:
3. Now you need to start the connector and see if all the things are working properly.
6. Fixing the login error in UFT Mobile at the appearance of Error Code 2912
It often happens that users cannot log-in into UFT Mobile and face problems due to Error Code 2912. The error on the screen says: “Your password has expired. Please contact your administrator. Error code: 2912“. This error can happen due to the Password Expiration limit exceeding the issue. This issue can be displayed and configured in the UFT Mobile GUI.
- You need to go to Administration Settings.
- Then select on General, and then click on Password Expiration (days) e.g.
It often happens that the user is unable to login with the administrator account credentials and cannot reset the password. The user can follow the steps given below:
- On the UFTM Server machine, you need to run the following bat file:
<UFTM Installation Path>\server\bin\user_management.bat e.g. "C:\Program Files\UFT Mobile Server\server\bin\user_management.bat"
2. Then you need to select the option third, that is “Change an existing user’s password”.
- Then you need to enter the name of the user that you need to change.
- Then you need to enter the password, check carefully, and then confirm the new password.
After the implementation of these steps, the password will be successfully changed. Hence, enabling the user to log in as they need.
7. Fixing the issues arisen due to the unencrypted carried password
It often happens that due to an unencrypted carried password, an error occurs. When an administrative change is made in Settings> LDAP Integration, it could happen that the password is visible if the person is using the Inspect Elements on the Network tab.
When the info is sent in service, usually it is handled in plain text. By performing the same steps for UFT Mobile, the user will be able to view that same behavior in other services like Hotmail and Google.
After a series of observation regarding this matter, it is observed that:
- Hence, the password was being displayed through the browser’s Dev tools (client-side), exclusively for the Admin users.
- All the non-admin users were unable to view this information from the client-side.
- Outside of the browser, this particular data cannot be intercepted as the users have HTTPS/SSL and because of that, all the traffic travels encrypted.
Once we know much about the error and its cause, we will be able to devise a plan to solve it. This error here is a medium-security issue. The LDAP password can only be copied or stolen if someone has access to the UFT Mobile admin password and copies or steals it. It is advised to the user that they move to 3.4 soon, at the time of the change this issue will be internally taken care of.
8. Instruction to get the Xiaomi phones recognized
Users with Xiaomi smartphones often noted, with the developer mode and USB debugging enabled in it. The problem arises when at the time of connecting the UFT Mobile agent that it is not installed on the devices.
Users have any queries related to the connection problems with the UFT Mobile agent. They also inquire if these models can be connected to the mobile center and if that can be successful This issue can be solved as well, you just need to take help from the steps that are given below:
On the UFT Mobile site, some requirements regarding Xiaomi devices have been displayed.
You need to take a look at the things given below:
- On the Xiaomi devices, it is quite necessary to activate the install app via the USB in the Developer options settings. Users also need to note that this step requires a registered Xiaomi account that is particularly made for this purpose.
- On the Xiaomi devices with an MIUI version 8 or higher version operating system. The user needs to enable USB Debugging (Security Settings) on their own care. This feature must allow the proper integration with the UFT Mobile.
- On the Xiaomi devices, the user needs to manually disable the Turn on MIUI optimized feature in the Developer options. Once this feature is disabled properly, the pop-up window is enabled. The pop-up window is responsible for preventing apps from being installed on the device automatically.
9. Enabling the usage of barcode simulation in ITI
It often happens that in UFTMobile, the application ITI has issues with the barcode simulation in IOS. The said application is known to utilize the AVFoundation (lib native) library specifically for iOS. This issue can be fixed by taking certain preventive methods. The users need to note that the 3.3 P4 does not necessarily include this fix as it was released prior to that.
The user needs to carefully follow the steps given below in the chronological order:
- You need to stop the UFT Mobile connector completely.
- You need to replace SensorSimulationCommandHandlerclass with the recent one present in the connector instances, the recent new one in the connector instances. This specific file can be found in the location given below:
- Now you need to start the UFT Mobile connector properly.
- Now you need to re-package the ITI app while using the new HPMobileCenter.dylib.
As the user is an iOS user, they must be using the iOS package service as well. Hence, they will also be able to replace this file in their iOS Packager installation. So each time new applications are instrumented, they will be using the fixed dylib file accordingly. This specific file can be found under: /opt/UFTMobile/packager/Agent/. After these steps are done the user does not need to restart the iOS Packager Service.
10. Instructions to reset password in PostgreSQL 9.3 superuser (Postgres)
It often happens that users are unable to reset the PostgreSQL superuser account (Postgres) password. When the installation of the PostgreSQL server a superuser account, Postgres is made as default and automatically.
And to upgrade the process the Postgres superuser account password is necessary or the up-gradation will fail. In case the user has misplaced the password, there is no need to worry they can easily reset it with the help of the steps given below:
- The users need to make a backup copy of pg_hba.conf file, this specific file you can find under C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\data\
- Then you need to open pg_hba.conf and then the METHOD from md5 to trust for all of the uncommented entries (usually comments have # symbol at the beginning of the line):
- Then you need to restart the PostgresSQL service.
- Open the PostgresSQL administration tool, that is the pgAdmin3.exe, that you can find it in: \Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.3\bin
- Then you need to establish a connection to the PostgresSQL 9.3 server. You can do that by a double click on PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost:5432) node. The user might be asked for a password or so; kindly leave it blank and press Enter or the OK option.
- After that, you need to navigate to File, and then under that click on Change Password, then Menu.
- Once all of these steps have been performed carefully, you need to restore the pg_hba.conf to its initial original state.
- Then the user needs to restart the PostgresSQL service once again.