We will tell you how to make a private story on Snapchat, Snapchat recognizes that some moments aren’t meant to be shared with everyone. The company has long offered an excellent Private Story function to allow consumers to share private stories with close pals.
In this article, I’ll walk you through the processes to “how to make a private story on Snapchat.” Also, I’ll show you how to use Snapchat’s Private Story feature and create Snaps for your closest pals.
However, if you’re an extrovert, you’ll eventually add Snapchat pals with whom you’re not
close. You can even add folks you’ve never met before. This means that choosing to be more selective about who sees your private stories would be helpful when you wish to share them.
What Are Snapchat Stories?
You can choose between “My Story” and “Our Story” on Snapchat. Each feature has been created to serve a particular purpose. While most people should know what “My Story” means by now, there are likely still a few who haven’t experienced “Out Story.”
This feature was added so that people may collaborate on tales in groups. Snapchat was created to be used at gatherings, diverse debate issues, photograph beautiful views, and go on adventures. The basic concept is that multiple people can contribute.
Both types of stories will be visible for 24 hours before being destroyed automatically, and they are all virtually adjustable. However, it is dependent on who has access to the stories.
Private Stories allows you to choose who can see your content. Of course, you can make your account private based on your privacy settings. However, this implies that you will share your Story with all of your friends.
Snapchat’s Story feature has received a boost with the addition of custom stories. Because of the level of control you have, it’s a trendy update. With the addition of the “Our Story” function, you can also build bespoke stories with your friends.
Each group member can contribute photos and videos to the story, enriching it. By default, only contributors may see custom stories.
Geo stories, which employ geofencing, enable you to create stories that include your current location. Snapchat will create a one-block radius around your position, allowing you to ask individuals in your immediate vicinity to contribute to the story.
If you let it, friends, friends of friends, and anybody within a one-block radius can contribute to the story you’ve made.
How To Add People To Private Story?
The best part about Snapchat is that you can adjust the viewing privileges on your stories even after they’ve been published. Follow the below-given steps to “how to make a private story on Snapchat”?
- Go to the profile page for yourself.
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Go to the “Who Can” section of the menu.
- Choose “View My Story” from the menu.
- There are three options available: Everyone, Friends Only, and Custom.
- Select one and press the “Back” button to save your changes.
- If you need privacy for the content, you’re uploading with the story, selecting “Everyone” is not the way to go.
- If you choose “Friends Only,” the story will be hidden from anyone who isn’t on your contact list. Friends of friends and anyone within your geofence are included.
- Using the ” Custom ” option, you can choose which friends you wish to block from viewing new pictures you add to your story using the “Custom” option.
Methods To “How To Make A Private Story On Snapchat?” (Android And iPhone Devices)
Even for non-techies, creating a Snapchat Private Story is simple. Remember that the processes may slightly depend on whether your device runs Android or iOS. Regardless of which Snapchat platform you use, I’ll show you “how to make a private story on Snapchat.”
- On your device, go to Snapchat. If necessary, sign in.
- On the top-left corner of the interface, tap on your account icon.
- Find “My Stories” and select the “+ Private Story” option.
- Choose which of your friends will be able to see your personal Snapchat story.
- At the bottom of the interface, press the Create Story button.
- Rename your story if you like. After that, press the Save button.
- Under “My Stories,” a new tab for your private Snapchat tale will appear. That new tab should be tapped.
- Create a personal Snapchat story by snapping an image or video. Edit and add any stickers, text, or tags that you desire.
- If you’re happy with the changes, select Send to publish your Private Story on the site.
- Under your private Snapchat story tab, you may now see the story you just posted.
- Tap the Add Snap option directly next to the tale you just submitted to add a new Private Story.
- If you want to delete a Private Story, press it and then the three-dot symbol in the top-right corner. After that, select the Delete option.
2. iOS Devices
- Log in to the Snapchat application.
- In the upper-left area of the UI, press your avatar.
- Find “My Stories” and select “+ New Story” from the drop-down menu near it.
- Choose “New Private Story” from the “Pick Your Story Type” pop-up option.
- Choose which of your friends will be able to see your personal Snapchat story.
- Create a story by pressing the Create Story button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you want, rename the narrative. Select Done after that.
- Under “My Stories,” you’ll discover a new tab for your Private Snapchat story. Simply tap on that option to add a Private Story.
- To include in your personal Snapchat story, take a photo or video. As desired, edit and add stickers, tags, or text.
- When you’re happy with how it looks, press the Send button (the white arrow pointing to the right).
- When you see the story’s thumbnail with a blue ring around it, you’ve successfully posted a Private Story on Snapchat.
- Tap the three dots near the Save icon to add another Private Story. Then select Add to Story from the drop-down menu.
- To delete your tale from the site, go to your Private Story tab and choose the content you wish to delete.
- Then press the three-dot sign in the top-right corner, then the Delete Snap option.
3. Create A Private Story The Snap Tab Method
The Snap tab is the app section where you may use your device’s camera to shoot photos or record videos. To find it, swipe left or right from the Conversations tab or the Discover page, or tap the circle in the center of any tab.
- You can grab a photo or record a video in the Snap tab.
- In the lower right, tap the Send To icon.
- Go to Private Story after selecting +New Story.
- Your Best Friends, Recents, Group, and Friends list is displayed. Select the people you’d like to see your Private Story with.
- A blue checkmark appears next to the profile photo of certain friends/groups.
- If you change your mind before moving on to the next stage of posting your Private Story, you can tap any specified friend/group to deselect them.
- To share your Private Story, check the box.
- To distinguish them from My Stories, Private Stories have a padlock icon.
- Friends who have access to your Private Stories will notice that they are mixed in with My Stories.
Other Methods to Avoid Others to See Your Profile Page
Erase Someone from Friends List
If you remove someone from your Snapchat friends list, they will be unable to find and interact with your stories on the app.
- Log in to Snapchat using the app dashboard on your phone.
- Swipe to the right or tap the chat icon to get to the chat interface.
- Long-press the name you don’t want on your Snapchat friends list anymore.
- Select the option “More.”
- Select the action “Remove Friend.”
- Once you’re sure you want to delete something, select the Remove button.
If you’re using an iOS device, follow these steps to delete a Snapchat friend:
- Open the Snapchat application. If prompted, sign in.
- Swipe right or select the Chat icon to go to the Chat screen.
- Choose a buddy from your Snapchat list with whom you no longer want to connect.
- Select Manage Friendship from the drop-down menu.
- Select Remove Friend from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm your decision, select Remove.
A Snapchat story is lovely for sharing your friend’s brief snippets from your day, but if you want to share with just a few pals, use the Snapchat app’s custom option to create Private Stories.
It might be challenging to submit something more personal with such a large audience. So, figure out how to create a Private Story on the Snapchat app. Above are the methods to learn “how to make a private story on Snapchat” for Android and iPhone.
How To Join A Private Story On Someone’s Story?
To update a Private Story tab from Stories, tap the three-dot menu symbol next to it. From the menu, choose the See viewers option. Select the users that desire to be a part of your Private Story now.
How Do You Join A Private Story Link On Snapchat?
To add the link to the private story, go to the bottom of the page and select “Attach to Snap.” It will then be attached to your snap. The link symbol in the menu will be highlighted in white when the URL is correctly added.
How Do You Create A Private Story?
Tap your profile symbol in the top-left of the app. Tap “Private Story” next to “My Stories” on your profile page. A “New Private Story” screen will emerge. Select the friends who will be able to see the Story from this menu.
In the top-left of the screen, tap the profile icon (or Bitmoji or story thumbnail). In the “Stories” area, select the “+ Private Story” or “+ Custom Story” button. Tap “Private Story” again if Snapchat asks you to confirm that you want to make a private story.