GIFs are becoming increasingly popular as a means of communication. GIFs are a basic concept or a single clip used to convey yourself throughout a discussion. We can all see that more and more individuals utilize the communication network Discord. Many gamers, fan clubs, and other organizations are using GIFs to convey their emotions to one another swiftly.
So, In this article, we discuss some simple techniques how to make a gif for discord.
What’s a GIF?
GIFs are picture files that can be either static or animated. The last one is the most popular. GIFs load rapidly and look excellent on web pages, typically in under 5 seconds. They’ve also evolved into a form of communication on Twitter and Facebook, not to mention Instagram Stories.
How To Make A GIF For Discord?
So, if you’re wondering how to upload a GIF to Discord, the four best methods are shown below.
- Drag and Drop
- Upload From File
- Using Discord Gif Makers
Solution 1: DRAG & DROP
The first method is drag and drop.
- Simply drag your GIF file and drop it on the Discord window.
- It is also possible to use both the desktop software and the browser.
- So, open the discord and upload the gif file.
Solution 2: UPLOAD FROM FILE
Another method is to upload from a file.
- Click the small arrow box next to the text area to upload a file manually.
- Then, navigate through your directories until you find the image you want. Double-click or select and press open, whatever method works best for you.
- You’ll be able to add a remark to the file before uploading it, whether you’re using Drag & Drop or file upload.
That’s it! Remember to keep Discord functioning smoothly and awesomely. We must keep any photo files and embedded media assets under 8Mb. Otherwise, you’re free to spam your pals with Pokemon images at your leisure.
Solution 3: Discord GIF Makers
If you want to build GIFs on your own but don’t know how there are plenty of online discord gif avatar makers to help you out. Let us go over each one individually:
This is one of the top GIF creation tools to consider when creating anything on your own. It provides a wide variety of editing capabilities and a large selection of animations such as sports, responses, and so on.
You may use this tool on Android and iPhone to share as many GIFs as you like. Individuals and corporations may both use this maker to promote.
Here’s how to create a gif using giphy:
- In the top-right corner of the screen, tap “Create.” This step’s icon changes between a ‘+’ symbol and a camera icon, although both go to the same location.
- Locate your video on the camera roll, accessible at the bottom left of the screen. When you tap it, it will post to the GIPHY app.
- Customize your GIF.
- Using the scissors icon, cut the clip’s length. (The maximum time is 6.5 seconds.)
- By pressing the sticker button, you can add stickers to your GIF.
- To add filters, tap the two connected circles.
- Select the “aA” text sign to add text.
- Change your GIF’s aspect ratio.
- To adjust the aspect ratio, tap the crop icon in the upper right corner. In most circumstances, we propose a 1:1 ratio. You can also select which parts of your video are shown.
- When you’re finished, click ‘Continue.’
- To export your GIF, click the right-pointing arrow. Tap ‘Save GIF’ to save the image to your phone or ‘Upload to GIPHY’ to save the image to GIPHY’s servers for quick access from anywhere.
If you want a tool with many GIF libraries to choose from and build the best one, here is the tool for you. You may then download these videos and post them on other social media networks, blogs, etc.
You will also receive a 3-day trial to see if the tool is right for you, and if you have a premium account, you will have access to premium stickers, high-quality GIFs, customizable watermarks, and much more.
You can proceed with or without a Make a GIF account. Make a GIF lets you produce high-quality animated GIFs from a variety of sources, including:
- Videos on YouTube
- Videos on Facebook
- The webcam video you post
Here’s how to use Make a GIF:
- Upload your animated GIF. In this case, we’ll choose “Video to GIF.” After you’ve uploaded your movie, add stickers and subtitles and choose the GIF speed, duration, and start time. Select “Continue to Publishing” when you’re satisfied.
- Your GIF should be named and tagged. To find your GIF easier, give it a name, a category, and a few tags. Select “Create a GIF” at the bottom right after finishing.
- View your animated GIF in action.
- Your GIF is now ready to be shared on the internet.
This is also a fantastic tool for making GIFs on the PC. It is a screen recording program that generates stunning GIFs. Also, once completed, it readily saves to the cloud, allowing us to share it with anybody at any time.
It also provides a 7-day trial period for you to test the system and decide. As a result, it is a useful tool for making discord gif and discord banner gifs.
Solution 4: Using Photoshop
A GIF creation app or a web-based GIF maker would suffice in most cases. On the other hand, Photoshop is a fantastic tool for making GIFs if you require more sophistication and control.
We’ll assume you’re very tech-savvy if you’re using Photoshop. These steps will show you how to generate a GIF in Photoshop:
- Start Photoshop.
- Go to File → Import → Video Frames to Layers.
- Mark “Selected Range Only” in the dialogue box to select the section of the video you wish to utilize, then drag the trim sliders below the video to set the range.
- You may also reduce the frame rate to save space in the file.
- Check the ‘Make Frame Animation’ box and then click ‘OK.’
- Go to File → Export → Save for Web.
There are several alternatives available. You can reduce the file size by adjusting the number of colors or the Image Size choices, but save it if you don’t care how big your GIF is. Easy.
How to Make Discord PFP a GIF?
Animated GIFs may be used as profile images for Discord Nitro subscribers. To make Discord GIF PFP, they have two possibilities. One uses Tenor GIFs, while the other uses GIFs from your smartphone.
Here’s how to turn your PFP into a Discord GIF.
- Log into your Discord account and open the app.
- Click the gear symbol at the bottom left of the window (User Settings).
- To access the User Profile, click the Edit User Profile button.
- To update your PFP, tap Change Avatar or select your profile image in the PREVIEW area.
- Upload a GIF from your device or utilize the built-in GIF search engine in the popup window. Choose the GIF you wish to use as your Discord PFPavatar, then use the slider to zoom in or out. To save the modification, click Apply.
- To quit the User Settings window, use ESC.
That’s all we have to say about how to produce GIFs on Discord using the greatest tools accessible online, and gifs for Discord are now incredibly simple to make using the procedures listed above. You can also quickly make a discord gif pfp and a discord gif avatar. So choose the best discord gif for you and have a good time.
What GIF Does Discord Use?
Tenor, an online GIF provider, is used in Discord’s GIF search. You can either search for GIFs at the top or browse the categories below. When you locate a GIF, you may instantly publish it in conversation by clicking it.
Can I Make A GIF With My Phone?
On an Android or iOS device, you can make GIFs. You may make animated response photos from your favorite shows and movies or make hilarious GIFs from footage of your friends, family, or pets! You may even add movement components to your photos to make unique GIFs.
Can A GIF Carry A Virus?
If you’re truly anxious, make sure your computer has the latest security updates and a good antivirus program; as far as I know, you can’t catch a virus from opening a gif picture. This purports to reveal a viral payload in a gif file, but the user must first go through several hoops before activating the payload.