Twitch and Discord are favorites of most gamers and game streamers. If you ever wanted to link your Discord and Twitch accounts to get features and community of both platforms, there are ways you can do it regardless of the device you’re using.
Because you can link Discord to Twitch on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices. Let’s begin!
Why Should You Link Twitch To Discord?
If you want to watch sub-only servers on Twitch via Discord, you can access them by linking your Twitch account to Discord.
Moreover, linking these platforms also allows you to share post emotes of Twitch streamers on Discord chats.
Linking Twitch to Discord is the most beneficial for streamers and content creators. As a streamer, you can use Twitch tools for your Discord servers. Streams can link roles from Discord to Twitch.
It will also enable you to give sub-roles. Moreover, you can create a sub-only server after linking the two accounts.
How To Connect Twitch to Discord on Windows and Mac?
To follow the steps, install the Discord app for Windows and Mac. As Twitch terminated its desktop application, use your web browser of choice to open Twitch.
- Integrate Your Twitch Account with Discord as a Viewer
- Link Twitch to Discord as a Streamer
- Connect Your Discord Audio to Twitch
- Link Your Discord Chat to Twitch
- Link Twitch Emotes to Your Discord Server
- Enable Streamer Mode on the Discord app
1. Integrate Your Twitch Account with Discord as a Viewer
To watch the streams of Twitch content creators, you can easily connect your Twitch and Discord accounts from the Discord desktop client on your PC.
- Launch the Discord app.
- Click the cogwheel icon (settings) at the bottom next to your username.
- Select ‘Connections’ from the side panel.
- You’ll see the logos of many platforms. Click the Twitch logo.
- This will open Twitch on your default web browser. If you’re logged on to Twitch from a different browser, copy-paste the URL from one browser to another.
- Once the page loads, select ‘Authorize’ to allow Discord to connect with your Twitch account.
- If it’s successful, you’ll see the message on the next page, ‘Connected your Twitch account to Discord.’
Once the linking process is successful, you can access the same options on Discord from where you linked Twitch to Discord.
You’ll find the channels you’re subscribed to. If any channels are linked to Discord, you can join them from the same list by clicking the join button.
2. Link Twitch to Discord as a Streamer
You need to perform two different steps to integrate Twitch with your Discord server.
Firstly, you need to connect your Twitch to Discord like a normal viewer, and after that, you have to perform Twitch integration on your Discord server.
- Open the Discord app.
- Click the settings icon next to your profile picture at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to ‘Connections’ and click the Twitch icon.
- This will open an authentication page on your default web browser. Log in to your Twitch account and authorize access to Discord.
- You’ll get the message ‘Connected your Twitch account to Discord’ if it’s successful.
You’ve linked your Twitch to Discord, but you have to integrate Twitch to your Discord server so your audience can watch your streams from any of the two platforms.
To perform these steps, you must have administrator privileges on your server.
Moreover, you must have Twitch Affiliate status to integrate your Twitch account to other platforms as a streamer.
- Go to your server from the server icons listed on the left end of Discord.
- Click your server’s name at the top of the sub-servers. It’ll open a menu. Select ‘Server Settings.’
- In the server settings, choose ‘Integrations’ from the left pane.
- You’ll see Twitch if you successfully connected Twitch to Discord from the steps above.
- Click on Twitch. You’ll find the Sync button. Press it to sync your Twitch with Discord.
- After this, a new role will be automatically created for your Twitch subscribers. You can also assign roles to your subs.
Your subscribers can join your Discord server if they’ve linked their Discord and Twitch accounts.
Moreover, you can employ the Discord StreamKit. The above steps may also work for your Twitch Studio application for desktop. This application is only for streamers and has robust and useful features for streaming.
3. Connect Your Discord Audio to Twitch
The integrated steps we explained above allow you to link your Twitch and Discord. But you would also want Discord Audio to be on Twitch.
Because your streams may be useless for many viewers if they have no audio. Follow below to know how to connect your Discord audio to Twitch.
These steps must be done after linking and syncing your Twitch to your Discord server:
There are two methods of setting up your audio output for your streams. We’ll cover both.
3.1 Use Discord StreamKit Overlay for OBS
OBS Studio is a free screen recording and streaming application for desktops, and many Discord streamers prefer it.
Discord has a StreamKit Overlay for OBS that you can use to integrate your Discord voice, chat, and status to your stream via OBS Studio. Duplicate the steps below:
- Launch your Discord app and make sure you’re logged in.
- Go to the Discord StreamKit Overlay for OBS page on your web browser.
- Select ‘Install for OBS’.
- The page will load for a few seconds. After this, you’ll get a prompt on your Discord application to authorize Stream Overlay. Click the Authorize button.
- Go back to the web browser and the StreamKit Overlay page. Select ‘Voice Widget.’
- Select your server and voice channel.
- It will create a URL at the bottom right of the page. Copy it.
- Now, launch the OBS Studio application.
- In the ‘Sources’ section, click the ‘+’ button.
- It’ll open a list of sources you can select. Choose ‘Browser.’
- Create a new name for it and click OK.
- You’ll see the ‘Properties for [source name]’ window.
- Remove the URL on it and paste the URL you copied from the StreamKit Overlay page. Click OK.
3.2 Use Another Voice Capture Application
Some users report that their OBS doesn’t work for pushing their stream voice to Twitch. You can use another voice capture tool if you’re one of them.
The primary streaming app will be OBS, but it will get the voice from the new voice capture you installed. Use these steps:
- Open your web browser and search for voice recording apps.
- Try a few and select an application.
- Launch the voice recording app and OBS Studio.
- Set your OBS to get voice from the voice recording app and stream it to Twitch.
4. Link Your Discord Chat to Twitch
You can enable a Discord Chat overlay on your Twitch streams on Discord. You can do the same on your Twitch streams by following some additional steps.
Before beginning these steps, make sure you have linked your Discord and Twitch accounts and synced your Twitch from the Discord application, as mentioned in section 2.
After integration and syncing of Twitch on Discord, use the below steps to get the Discord chat overlay on your Twitch streams:
- Open Discord on your computer and log in.
- As we’ll be using OBS Studio for streaming, launch your web browser and go to the Discord StreamKit Overlay for OBS page.
- Click the ‘Install for OBS’ button.
- After loading, you’ll see a prompt on your Discord app to allow access to StreamKit. Click ‘Authorize’.
- On the web browser, choose ‘Chat Widget.’
- Select your server and text channel, and set other preferences.
- Once done, copy the URL at the bottom right of the page.
- Open OBS Studio.
- Click the ‘+’ button and select ‘Browser.’
- Create a new name for the source and click OK. We’ll name it ‘Chat.’
- Another OBS window will open with the title Properties for ‘Chat.’
- In its URL section, paste the URL you copied from the StreamKit page and click OK.
5. Link Twitch Emotes to Your Discord Server
Once you have linked your Twitch and Discord accounts (as shown in section 2), you must perform a few more steps to allow Twitch emotes on your Discord server.
- Launch the Discord desktop app.
- Go to your server.
- Click the server’s name at the top. This will open a menu. Choose ‘Server Settings.’
- From the side pane, navigate to ‘Roles.’
- You can create roles here. If you want to enable emotes for everyone, select @everyone.
- Scroll down and turn on the toggle for ‘Use External Emojis.’
- You can set the permissions to determine who can use the emotes.
6. Enable Streamer Mode on the Discord App
Streamer mode is useful for all the streamers who don’t want the audience to see their personal or sensitive notifications while streaming.
It also ensures to reduce distractions and helps you focus on the stream.
Suppose you’re streaming to a wide audience and get a message notification from a friend with information that strangers shouldn’t see.
Streamer mode blocks pop-ups and notifications to avoid these problems. Use these steps to enable streamer mode.
- Launch the Discord app.
- Go to settings by clicking the gear icon at the bottom of the screen next to your username and avatar.
- Choose ‘Streamer Mode’ from the left pane.
- Enable ‘Streamer Mode.’
- You can also turn on the Automatically Enable/Disable option. This will automatically enable streamer mode when you stream and disable it when you stop streaming.
When in Streamer Mode, the Discord app shows a message at the top of the application ‘Streamer Mode is enabled. Stay safe, friend’.
How To Link Twitch to Discord on iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices?
At this time, you can only link Twitch to Discord as a viewer to participate in Twitch-linked servers on the Discord mobile app.
Linking Twitch to Discord is faster on smartphones because you have both apps installed and logged in on the phone or tablet. Use these steps to connect the two accounts:
- Install Discord and Twitch on your phone and log in to your respective accounts. (Skip this step if you already have the apps installed.)
- Open the Discord app.
- Tap your avatar at the bottom right corner.
- Select ‘Connections’ from user settings.
- Once it opens, tap the ‘Add’ button at the top right corner.
- This will show you a list of apps you can integrate into Discord. Select Twitch.
- It’ll take from a few seconds to a minute. You’ll see the message ‘Connected your Twitch account to Discord’ on successful linking.
How To Disconnect Linked Twitch and Discord Accounts?
- Unlink Twitch and Discord on Windows and Mac
- Unlink Twitch and Discord Accounts from the Discord Mobile App
If you don’t want to keep the Discord and Twitch accounts linked, you can easily unlink them. Use these steps:
- On the Discord application for desktop, click the settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- From the left pane, go to ‘Connections.’
- Click the ‘x’ button next to your Twitch username.
- A popup message will appear. It will tell you that this action will remove you from the servers you joined in the connected Twitch account. Click ‘Disconnect’.
The process of disconnecting linked Twitch and Discord accounts is also easy. Use these steps:
- Open the Discord app.
- Tap your avatar at the bottom right of the screen.
- Choose ‘Connections’.
- Tap the ‘x’ button next to your Twitch username.
- Select the ‘Disconnect’ button to complete the process.
Linking Twitch to Discord has many benefits. You can view streams of creators from both platforms.
Streamers can get more exposure by linking their Discord server to Twitch. Use the earlier methods to link Twitch and Discord accounts on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
How Do I Connect My Twitch Account To Discord?
You can connect your Twitch account to Discord with these steps on your PC:
Open the Discord application.
Go to user settings by clicking the cogwheel icon at the bottom of the screen.
Navigate to ‘Connections.’
Click the Twitch icon.
It’ll open the authorization page on your web browser. Log in to Twitch and click the Authorize button to link the two accounts.
Can I Stream On Discord From My Phone?
You can stream on Discord from your phone. Use the steps below:
On the Discord app, go to your server.
Select your channel. (Create a new channel if you don’t have any).
Choose ‘Join Voice.’
Invite people to it if you want.
Tap the mobile icon that has an arrow coming out of it.
The next screen will confirm that you want to share your screen with the audience. Confirm to begin streaming from your phone.
How Do I Get Twitch Subs To Show In Discord?
To see Twitch subs on your Discord, link your Twitch and Discord accounts, and then sync your Discord server with Twitch.
Open the Discord desktop client and click the user settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
Go to ‘Connections’ and select the Twitch icon.
Your web browser will be opened. Log in to Twitch and choose ‘Authorize.’
Now, go to the Discord application again, select your server, and select server settings.
You’ll find Twitch there. Click the ‘Sync’ button.
Can You Stream Your Console To Discord?
You can use Remote Play for PS4 and PS5 to connect your console to your computer and stream it on Discord.
Open your web browser, search ‘PS remote play download,’ and get it from the PlayStation website.
Launch the PS Remote Play application and connect your PS with it.
Once connected, plug the game controller into your PC with the charging cable.
Open Discord and begin streaming by selecting the PS Remote Play screen.