Perform the following steps to launch SiteScope UI as a desktop application from SiteScope Local Client:
- Download the SiteScope-Client-2018.08.zip
- SiteScope version 2018.08.
- Extract the contents of the SiteScope-Client-2018.08.zip to a location of your choice.
- Navigate to the
distfolder and double-click
SiteScopeClient.bat. The SiteScope Local Client window opens.
- Enter the SiteScope URL in the format
http://<host name>:<port number>/SiteScopeor
https://<host name>:<port number>/SiteScopefor HTTPS connections. The SiteScope login screen opens.
- Enter your user credentials.The SiteScope UI opens.
To access secure connections (HTTPS) of SiteScope using the SiteScope local client, you must install the site security certificate into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities where local client is installed and running.
Install the security certificate on the server where thick client is installed
- Copy the security certificate from the SiteScope server.
- Double-click the
- On the Certificate dialog box, click Install Certificate to start the Certificate Import Wizard.
- On the Welcome page, click Next.
- On the Certificate Store page, select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- In the Select Certificate Store dialog box, select Show Physical Stores.
- Double-click Trusted Root Certification Authorities, select Local Computer, and then click OK.
On the Certificate Store page, click Next.
- On the summary page, review the details and click Finish. (note: the secure connections take a bit longer to load the GUI for the first time)
The following are some of the limitations of the SiteScope local client for this release:
- You cannot launch multiple instances of SiteScope using the local client.
- SiteScope with smart card authentication is not supported.
- Unified Console for the Chinese and Japanese locale is not supported.
- Report options such as Export, Select, and Email in the Monitor, Alert, and Server-centric reports do not work.
- Local client has to be closed and relaunched to continue to work with the SiteScope UI on:
- Loading a new license
- Restarting SiteScope from Infrastructure Preferences
- Help menu and options are not completely functional when launched from the local client.
|Sitescope versions||SiteScope versions 11.3x and later|
|Platform||Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 7, 10|