The latest version of Apple’s iPhone, the iPhone 13, and other associated models have displayed an error message to its users. This has nothing to do with the newer features of the device or upgraded OS versions.
One might argue that the “Last line no longer available. Do you want to use your remaining line?” issue has been occurring since iOS 12 was released for iPhones.
Whatever the matter be, we take the responsibility of bringing up the best fixes to help you fix this issue on your iPhone.
Though the iPhone 13 and its variants are relatively newer than the older models with plenty of user-experienced issues, there have been reports of the Last line no longer available error message.
People are confused about this message and do not know what it means or what to do. This is exactly why we made this article, to help iPhone users fix the “Last line no longer available. Do you want to use your remaining line?” issue.
Factors that are responsible for the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ on iPhone?
The Last Line no longer available issue comes up when an iPhone user tries to call someone on their device. This is not a serious issue, since it has been noted by users with all iPhones that have dual-sim hosting capabilities. There is only one cause for this issue and to understand that there is something we have to know.
Some of the devices, the owners of which have reported this issue are
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
This long list of the more recent iPhone models is evidence that the issue lies with the firmware.
When your smartphone has two active SIMs, iOS allows the user to choose the default line for features like iMessage and FaceTime. Furthermore, while trying to use this default number to contact someone whose contact information is not stored in your Contacts app, the iPhone allows you to utilize the default line.
You may establish one number as your default one for calls and text messages and the other as the number that is only for mobile data, depending on your needs. When this error occurs, users are unable to call a number using their selected SIM card. As a result, they’re compelled to use the last available line for that function.
If you notice, you will be able to see that this issue will come up only after you have updated your iPhone to iOS 15. This error message comes up when the device tries to access the e-SIM card rather than the actual physical SIM card inserted into the iPhone.
Solutions to the ‘Last Line No Longer Available error on iPhone
- Perform a Force Restart of Your iPhone
- Enable or Disable Airplane Mode
- Delete your iPhone’s Recent Call Log
- Take your SIM card out and place it again
- Try swapping the SIMs
- Update Carrier Settings for the service
- Reset Network Settings
- Set All iOS Settings to Default
- Get the latest software update for your device
Fix ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ Error on Apple iPhone 13
Perform a Force Restart of Your iPhone
The first option for you to try while attempting to fix this issue is to forcibly restart your iPhone. This is a simple workaround that will flush your unsaved changes, temporary files, and unwanted cache on your iPhone. This is one of the default solutions that is used for fixing iOS and iPadOS firmware issues.
If you are not aware of how to do it, follow the steps below to forcibly restart the categorized models of iPhone with ease –
iPhone 6 its variants and other older models- Push the power button and while holding it, press the Home button. Do not release it until the screen turns dark and the Apple logo shows up.
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus – Push the power and volume down button till the screen becomes black and the Apple logo appears on your screen.
iPhone 8 and other newer versions – Press the increase volume button on the iPhone’s side and immediately press the decrease volume button, right below it.
Now, push the power button while still holding the other two buttons. Do not remove your fingers until the screen goes dark and the Apple icon appears on your blank screen.
Enable or Disable Airplane Mode
The issue we are dealing with revolves around the service provider and the device. Airplane mode is one of the ways to disable this service and restart it. This will refresh your cellular service and thereby, possibly fix the last line not available issue on your iPhone.
The steps to do this are very simple. If you aren’t familiar with it we’ve got you. Open the Control center page on your iPhone by swiping down from the upper-right corner of the screen. You should be able to see the Airplane icon here and tap on it to enable Airplane mode.
While the feature is enabled, wait for around 30 seconds before you disable it. Your network signal should become strong again. Now, try calling the person you wanted to earlier and the line should be free for you to talk with them.
Delete your iPhone’s Recent Call Log
The call logs on your iPhone could be kicking up a fuss on your iPhone. This is one of the unusual solutions that actually fix issues for people. Several reports claim that this fix, weirdly, helped them get rid of the Last Line no longer available error message. Why don’t we try this?
- Open the Phone application on your iPhone. This has the icon of a telephone handset on a background of green.
- Go into the Recents tab at the lower part of the screen and choose the Edit option, placed on the top-right corner of the page.
- Once you are here, tap the Clear All Recents option and confirm this in the prompt that appears.
- Reboot your iPhone and once it has launched, call someone through the default line. Hopefully, you do not have to move to other solutions.
Take your SIM card out and place it again
This is one of the tricks that has almost everyone baffled. Removing the SIM card from your iPhone and placing it back in the slot. It has fixed cellular network-related issues on most phones and people have no idea what goes on here.
Switch off your iPhone and use a SIM-ejector tool to make the SIM card tray pop out. Take the SIM card out. Please be very cautious not to get fingerprints on the copper chip on one side. Place it back again and push the tray into the slot.
Boot up your iPhone and once it is up, make a call through the default line to see if the error still exists.
Try swapping the SIMs
Swapping the SIMs, here, does not mean exchanging the positions of the SIM cards in their holders. We will be using an iOS feature to change the functions of the two SIMs inserted into your device. This means that we will be changing the default line, your iPhone has or has been assigned for making calls and sending messages.
This is not something most people are familiar with and that is exactly why we have listed out the steps to do this, for you.
- Touch the information (i) button at the right-most part of the contact you are attempting to call.
- Choose the Your default phone number option on this page and select the Alternate number option from the pop-up.
- If you are typing in the phone number on the dial pad, you can choose the Primary Phone Number option and in this, you have to select the Alternate SIM option.
If the alternate line does not work for you, move on to the next solution we have got for you.
Update Carrier Settings for the service
Unlike other mobile Operating Systems (OS) or interfaces, iOS has the unique feature to update the settings for your iPhone’s carrier service. This feature will help you fix carrier-related issues while giving you the most recent version of the carrier settings for your iPhone.
- Launch the iPhone settings on your device and go into the General settings option.
- In this page, tap the About option. If there are available carrier updates, you will see a prompt/pop-up appear informing you about this.
- Touch the Update option in the dialog box and the update should begin. If there are no updates, you can skip the updating process.
Even if this solution does not help you, it is always a good idea to have the carrier settings updated on your device. There could be several upgrades to your cellular network and fixes to carrier-related issues that you may or may not be familiar with.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings is one of the solutions that might be able to help you. By network, we mean the cellular data service that is provided to you through the SIM card. We’ll be following the steps below because this issue is closely connected with the e-SIM card of your iPhone.
- Open the Settings page and tap on the General settings option.
- Go into the Transfer or Reset iPhone option and choose Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- You will be asked the device password and once you have typed it in, choose the Reset Network Settings option in the pop-up menu.
This process should only take a few seconds. There will be no changes in the applications that use the internet.
Set All iOS Settings to Default
To solve the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ problem on your iPhone, we recommend that you reset the iPhone’s existing settings configuration.
Note: If you have made some changes in the existing settings, you will lose them. If you need them, you can change them again.
Do not do so if the issue comes up again when re-enabled. To solve the ‘Last Line No Longer Available’ problem on your iPhone, we recommend that you reset the iPhone’s existing settings configuration.
- Bring up the iPhone settings window on your device.
- Navigate along this path:General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings.
- This will prompt a pop-up menu to appear on your screen, asking you to type in your passcode.
- Once you have typed it in for confirmation, choose the Reset all settings option.
This will initiate the reset process on your iPhone. Since this is the complete iPhone configuration we are talking about, this could take a few minutes. When it is complete, you can try calling someone to see if the issue exists.
Get the latest software update for your device
While iOS is one of the most elite mobile firmware, it is not without bugs. There are frequent bug fixes through updates for the iOS and this could be the solution to your last line not available issue.
This is an implication that some iPhone bugs could be causing this error and thereby, updating the system to the latest iOS version should give you the fix.
The last solution we have for you is to update iOS on your iPhone. Here’s how you can do this.
- Open the iPhone settings page and move to General > Software update.
- On this page, you will be shown the option to download updates.
- Make sure you have a proper internet connection and start the download.
If your iPhone has the Auto-update option enabled for software updates, you are sorted. You just have to restart your device for it to be installed.
These are the solutions that will help you fix the Last line not available issue on all newer models of the iPhone. If you are still not able to get rid of it, talk to the Apple support team or your carrier service provider. Happy Calling!
What Does Last Line No Longer Available Mean?
When an iPhone user attempts to call someone on their smartphone, the Last Line no longer accessible error appears. This isn’t a major problem, since it’s been reported by users of all iPhones with dual-sim hosting capability. When the device tries to access the e-SIM card rather than the real SIM card installed into the iPhone, this error message appears.
What Is Last Line No Longer Available?
The Last Line no longer available issue comes when an iPhone user tries to call someone on their phone. This isn’t a huge issue, since customers of all iPhones with dual sim hosting capabilities have reported it. This error message displays when the device tries to access the eSIM card rather than the genuine SIM card present in the iPhone.
What Is Last Line No Longer Available Iphone 13?
When an iPhone user attempts to call someone on their phone, the Last Line no longer accessible error occurs. Customers of all iPhones with dual sim hosting capability have reported it, thus it isn’t a major issue. When the device tries to access the e-SIM card instead of the actual SIM card in the phone, this error message appears.
How To Fix Last Line No Longer Available?
To fix the Last Line no longer available on iPhone, you can use the following fixes –
– Perform a Force Restart of Your iPhone
– Enable or Disable Airplane Mode
– Delete your iPhone’s Recent Call Log
– Take your SIM card out and place it again
– Try swapping the SIMs
– Update Carrier Settings for the service
– Reset Network Settings
– Set All iOS Settings to Default
– Get the latest software update for your device