The ISDone.dll error in Windows 10 is often commonly associated with installing major programs and games. Compressed data is unpacked on the hard drive when installing large games or apps.
It uses up both the RAM and the hard disc of your computer. This error may occur if your computer’s RAM or hard disc is insufficient to handle the procedure during installation.
What Causes The Isdone.Dll Error Windows 10
- If your system files are corrupted, the game files will not access your Windows PC. This could result in an Isdone.dll issue.
- Check if your RAM or hard drive has any problems or faulty sectors. This is because a defective storage device might also cause the Isdone.dll problem.
- The Unarc.dll file is required for several applications and games to run correctly. The error message “isdone.dll error” may appear if this file becomes corrupted or missing.
- Your installation conflicts with third-party or startup components. You can try a clean boot to fix this.
- The game may be prevented from installing the Windows Firewall or your antivirus program. You can test if it is helpful by temporarily disabling the Firewall.
solutions To Fix Isdone.Dll Error In Windows 10
- Change The Folder Of The System Files
- Increase Amount Of Virtual Memory File Size Or Windows Page File Size
- Run SFC Scan To Repair Isdone.Dll Error Code
- Check RAM
- Install Game In Safe Mode
- Replace Isdone.Dll & Unarc.Dll Files To Fix Isdone.Dll Error
- Re-Register Isdone.Dll & Unarc.Dll Files
- Disable Antivirus Software And Windows Defender Firewall
- Check Hard Disk With Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
- Clean Up PC Hard Drives and Do Windows Restart
1. Change The Folder Of The System Files
- Simply copy and paste the setup file for the program you’re trying to install to a new location.
- Now try installing the file from a different location.
2. Increase Amount Of Virtual Memory File Size Or Windows Page File Size
Windows features a Page File, also known as Virtual Memory, which it uses to process data that your PC’s RAM can’t handle completely. Although this step will slow things down a little, it will fix the isDone.dll error.
To expand Windows Page File or Virtual Memory, follow these steps:
- Use Windows + R on your keyboard to launch the Run command box. To open the System Properties, type “sysdm.cpl” in the Run box.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the “System Properties” and select the Settings button in the Performance section.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the “Performance Options” window. In the Virtual Memory area, click the Change button.
- Make sure the option to manage paging file size for all drivers automatically is not chosen in the following box that appears.
- Choose Custom size from the drop-down menu. You will now be allowed to input the increased numbers in the Initial size and Maximum size fields.
- Because 2.5 GB is sufficient for most games, the values 400 and 3000 MB will work in most circumstances.
- After you’ve set the values, click OK, shut any other active windows, and restart your computer. Just one more step after the reboot.
- Simply hold down both the Windows key and the R key simultaneously.
- Now type “%temp%” into the box and hit OK.
- Delete all of the program files in the folder now.
- Now check if the “isdone.dll error message” is fixed or not.
3. Run SFC Scan To Repair Isdone.Dll Error Code
Broken or corrupt system files might also make it difficult to install large games or software on your computer. You can conduct an SFC scan to ensure that your Windows system files are up to date and ready for installation.
- In the Windows 10 search box, write cmd. Choose Run as Administrator from the menu.
- The window for the Command Prompt will appear. Type the cmd command below and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- sfc /scannow
- Restart the computer after the scan is completed.
- Try installing the game or software and check if the isDone.dll error appears. If the installation went OK, conduct a DISM scan.
Run a DISM Scan to repair faulty system files that SFC hasn’t fully repaired.
- As described before, open Command Prompt in Admin mode for a DISM scan. Then, in Command Prompt, write the following command:
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After the scan is completed, repeat the procedures above to run another SFC scan.
- After the SFC scan is completed, restart your computer. Then try installing the game or software again, and you should be able to resolve the isDone.dll error.
4. Check RAM
Many customers have also reported that if your PC’s RAM has an error or a damaged sector, it will prevent a large game or software from installing and displaying the isDone.dll error.
Over time, a RAM error might lead to many other issues. This could also put your PC’s overall health at risk. The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool can be used to check your PC for RAM-related issues.
If your RAM indicates any errors, you recommend replacing it as soon as possible, as it may cause additional problems on your computer. After replacing faulty RAM, try installing the game or software again.
5. Install Game In Safe Mode
When you reboot the computer in Safe Mode, it ensures that only the most essential apps and tasks are operating. This will ensure that just the bare minimum of RAM is utilized.
- Start your computer in Safe Mode and then shut it off. Start it up again, and as soon as you see the starting screen, press the F8 key repeatedly with a 1-second delay between each push.
- Try to install the game or software after starting the computer in Safe Mode.
- If Safe Mode does not help, try booting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Along with the Safe Mode option, the option to boot the computer in Safe Mode with Networking appears.
- To launch the System Configuration window, press Win + R keys to open the Run box, type “MSconfig,” then hit Enter.
- Select the Safe boot checkbox on the Boot tab in the new window.
- To save the changes, click the OK and Apply buttons one by one.
- To get into Safe Mode, restart your computer. With the ISDone.dll error fixed, you may now install the game.
6. Replace Isdone.Dll & Unarc.Dll Files To Fix Isdone.Dll Error
These DLL files must be downloaded, and the downloaded files must be replaced with the originals. Both of these DLL files must be downloaded separately. Download the files isDone.dll and unArc.dll.
- Copy the isDone.dll file you downloaded and extracted.
- Now navigate to the C drive, enter the Windows folder, and then the System32 folder.
- Paste the copied isDone.dll file into the System32 folder. Select Yes in the dialogue box if you want to replace the original file.
- Copy the unArc.dll file from the extracted folder and place it in the System32 folder.
- Using Command Prompt, re-register the newly inserted DLL files.
- Restart your PC and try the installation when you’ve re-registered both DLL files.
7. Re-Register Isdone.Dll & Unarc.Dll Files
The isDone.dll and unArc.dll files on your system need to be re-registered. The isDone.dll error may be resolved by re-registering DLL files.
- To use the Command Prompt, you must be logged in as an administrator. Press and hold the Windows + X keys at the same time. Select the Command Prompt (Admin) option from the Win + X menu that appears.
- To re-register the isDone.dll file, type the command below into the Command Prompt window that appears and hit Enter.
- regsvr32 isdone.dll
- After you’ve re-registered the DLL files above, execute the following command and press Enter to re-register the unArc.dll file.
- regsvr32 unarc.dll
- Restart your PC after running both of the programs mentioned above, and then try to install the game or software again.
8. Disable Antivirus Software And Windows Defender Firewall
A genuine game is also prevented from installing Windows Defender Firewall and some third-party antivirus products. To resolve this issue, temporarily disable the Firewall to see whether the error can be resolved.
To turn off Windows Firewall, follow these steps:
- In the search box, type Windows Defender and choose Windows Defender Firewall as the best match.
- Click the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off the tab on the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall box in private and public network settings in the Settings window. After that, click OK.
- Restart the computer and install the game again, causing the Isdone.dll error codex.
If you have any additional third-party antivirus products installed, you can try temporarily deleting them to see if this solves your problem.
- Select Programs and Features by right-clicking the Start button.
- Locate the antivirus software, right-click it, and select Uninstall from the menu that appears.
- To thoroughly delete the software, follow the on-screen directions.
9. Check Hard Disk With Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
It’s also important to check your hard drive. Hard drive failures, like RAM errors, can cause the Isdone.dll error in Windows 10. You can inspect your hard disc by following these procedures.
- Select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list-menu by right-clicking the Start button.
- Type “chkdsk C: /f” at the elevated command prompt and press Enter.
- Replace the “C” letter with the drive letter of the hard drive where the game will be installed.
- It will automatically scan and resolve all complex drive issues. After that, try installing the game to see whether the Isdone.dll error codex has been resolved.
10. Clean Up PC Hard Drive and Restart It
Disk Cleanup is a disc maintenance program included with Windows. You may free up disc space on your computer’s hard drive by using this application to delete unwanted files.
Follow the measures outlined below to delete the temp files from Settings.
- Select Settings from the Start menu by right-clicking on the button.
- Go to the System tab.
- Choose a storage option.
- Now, select Free up space from the drop-down menu.
- By checking the boxes next to the options you want to remove, you can decide which ones you want to remove.
- Click Remove files after you’ve marked the selections.
- This will clean out your computer’s temporary files.
Due to a lack of space in your RAM or on your hard disc, you may be unable to install large game files on your PC. When you attempt to launch or install a video game, the ISDone.dll Error may appear. To repair this problem, use the ten solutions listed above.