Screen mirroring is a widely used technique used to share the screen content of one device with another. That is especially used to share the screen from a small resolution device to a comparatively large resolution screen for a better reach. Enabling the user to have a more manageable screen.
But having trouble setting it up for use is so frustrating that one cannot take it. So, in this article, we will be looking at the simple fixes to get rid of the IOS iPhone screen mirroring not working issue.
What is the procedure for screen mirroring?
To use the screen mirroring on your device, follow the easiest method mentioned below:
- Connect both the devices to the same WI-FI network.
- Now go to the video that you want to mirror over another device.
- Tap the AirPlay icon and choose the device. To which you want to share the content.
And this way, you will easily be able to mirror your screen content from one device over another.
When it comes to screencasting and mirroring, what’s the difference?
Where screen mirroring is just the duplication of one screen over another, screencasting is something that displays a particular part or, in a better way, selective content we want it to present.
In screen mirroring, you can’t perform other things. But in screencasting, you can still use other things, at the same time while casting on another screen.
How to Fix: iPhone Screen Mirroring Not Working?
You can fix the issue easily, with the below-mentioned steps that you can perform all on your own to fix the issue Screen Mirroring Not Working on the IOS iPhone.
- Check your device’s compatibility.
- Update your device to the latest iOS version.
- Turn on Airplane Mode and Restart Device.
- Check the network connection.
- Check Your WI-FI Networks.
- Restart WI-FI Route.
- Turn Off Restrictions.
- Make sure AirPlay is enabled.
- Check Your AirPlay Settings.
- Turn Off and Then Turn on Bluetooth
- Ensure that the app you are using supports screen mirroring.
What can I do if Apple screen mirroring doesn’t work?
Apple screen mirroring is a feature of iOS devices that allows you to mirror your iPhone, iPad, or Mac screen to your TV. It is a great feature that allows you to present your work to others or just share what you are doing with your friends. However, if you have a problem with it not working, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure that your device is connected to the same WiFi network as your TV
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of your device.
- Check to ensure that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that AirPlay is enabled on both devices.
- Make sure that your device is not in airplane mode.
- Update your software and check for any app updates.
- Check your TV’s input: Make sure that your TV is set to the input that your Apple device is connected to.
- Check your cables: Make sure that all of your cables are plugged in properly and are not damaged.
- Restart your devices: Try restarting both your Apple device and your TV.
- Change the resolution on your Apple device: If you are still having problems, try changing the resolution on your Apple device.
- Make sure that your computer and devices are on the same network.
Try these steps first:
The first and foremost thing you need to do is to:
- Check the AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and near each other.
- Check that the devices are updated to the latest software and are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Try restarting the devices. That is to be used with AirPlay or screen mirroring.
Step 1: Check for AirPlay Devices Compatibility
For quickly checking the AirPlay Device compatibility, follow the below steps:
- Open the quick control center by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- If there, you get to see the option for screen mirroring. Then most probably, your iPhone is compatible with AirPlay.
Step 2: Check for Software Updates on All Devices
The root of most of the issues is caused by outdated device software. And it could be the reason for screen mirroring not working on your iPhone/iPad.
For fixing this, check if your device is updated to the latest software version. And to check this,
- Go to the settings.
- Next, go to the system updates.
- And check if there are new updates for the software.
- If yes, then go ahead and install the new updates to your device.
Now, try screen mirroring again. And if this does not fix your issue. Try the below-mentioned methods.
Step 3: Turn on Airplane Mode and Restart Device
Sometimes device have troubles with performing the tasks and thus collapse. And of the same resulting in failing to do the work properly.
So, to cope with this problem. Try restarting your device and then trying to perform the screen mirroring. In most cases, people were able to fix the issue. But if this doesn’t work for you. Move for the next technique.
Step 4: Check the network connection.
It is equally important to check the network connectivity to make sure that it isn’t the cause of the error. And if you find your network connection is not stable. Then most probably, it could be the case. So, to cope with this, wait for your network to get stable. Or else you can also try changing the network.
Step 5: Check Your WI-FI Networks
It is crucial to inspect the WI-FI Network once. Since AirPlay works over the WI-FI. And with this, it is also essential to confirm that both devices are connected.
If you get to face connecting issues, then first try removing all the connected devices. And then try connecting both to each other.
Step 6: Check Your AirPlay Settings (Apple TV)
Problematic settings might also cause you the error screen mirroring not working on iPhone. So, if none of the above methods helped you fix the issue. Then this technique could help you in just a case.
To check and fix the AirPlay settings, follow the below steps:
- Go to the settings of AirPlay.
- Now, open Airplay and Homekit.
- There you will see to give the access. Allow access for everyone.
This way, there won’t be any difficulty from the AirPlay and you would be able to mirror your screen without any errors on your Apple TV. You can also check the official Apple website for more info here.
Step 7: Restart WI-FI Router
You must have fixed the issue by now. If not, it could be a connectivity issue from the WI-FI router you are using. So, in that case, what you can do is just restart the WI-FI router.
You can do it using the switch on/off button on the back of the WI-FI router, or just reset the router by unplugging it from the socket.
Once you reset the router, please wait to boot up and connect to the internet.
Step 8: Turn Off Restrictions
Due to the privacy statements by the new iPhones, you can’t just transfer or share files using AirPlay at the instance. And this privacy feature could be the center of the issue screen mirroring not working on iPhone.
And to fix this, you will need to change a few settings in your iPhone. And for the same, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Settings.
- Now, navigate to Screen Time.
- And from there, turn off the Screen Time.
Since the Screen Time in iPhone monitors each and every activity keeping you from changing the privacy settings. Thus, stopping you from giving the privileges to your phone to share the screen or the screen data.
With the turning of the Screen Time, you allow the iPhone to share the resources on other platforms as well without any restrictions.
Step 9: Make sure AirPlay is enabled.
Once, do check if AirPlay is enabled on your iPhone. For this, follow the below steps:
- Open the control center by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Hold the Music play control and then select the AirPlay.
- Now, choose the device you want to connect to and select done.
Step 10: Turn Off and Then Turn on Bluetooth
If non of the above steps help you get to fix the issue for you, try turning on/off your Bluetooth a couple of times. It seemed to fix the error for many users facing the same problem and could help you fix the same.
For this, follow the steps below:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen of your device (IOS iPhone).
- Holdover the Bluetooth icon.
- Now, you can switch on/off your Bluetooth device and see if this fixes the issue for you.
Step 11: Ensure that the app you are using supports screen mirroring.
If your device is not compatible with screen mirroring. Then obviously, you’ll not be able to use the screen mirroring features over your device. And the easiest way of doing this is, to search your device name over google and check if the brand gives you the privilege of screen mirroring or not.
If yes. Then don’t hesitate to repeat the steps overhead and fix the error.