Sometimes your apps will behave strangely or refuse to start at all. It often happens that no matter how many times you attempt to launch the app, it will remain unresponsive.
A variety of factors can cause this type of problem. This article will discuss how to resolve the problem of iPhone apps won’t open.
Low memory, software issues, compatibility concerns, and problems regarding the bug are the most common causes of this issue, with low memory being the most common.
Ways To Deal With iPhone apps won’t open
Various factors can cause your apps to refuse to open on your iPhone. However, you can fix these issues using different approaches.
Here are some of the solutions that you can use to troubleshoot app crash issues.
- Force The Application To Close
- Check The Recent Updates
- Free Up Some Memory Space
- Make Sure your app is not restricted
- An Outage of App Store Servers
- Restart Your Device
- Internet Connection
- Reinstall The Application
- Check Any iOS Update
- Reset The Settings On Your iPhone
- Factory Reset Your iPhone
- Contact the App Developer
1. Force The Application To Close
You can use force-quitting to resolve app crash-related difficulties. To do so, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Press the Home button twice to return to the previous screen.
- Apps that have been recently opened will be displayed.
- Locate the app that is having problems and swipe it upwards.
- After the app has been forced to close, you can try reopening it.
2. Check The Recent Updates
When an issue occurs with the current version, developers typically resolve the issue by releasing a newer program version.
There are several ways to check for app updates. Utilizing the most recent app version is always the best practice for various reasons. Checking for app updates is done in the following manner:
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and download a game.
- At the bottom right of the screen, click on the Update icon.
- All of the apps that can be updated will be listed in a list with an Update button next to each one of them.
3. Free Up Some Memory Space
Most of the time, apps won’t load on your phone since your iPhone storage space is limited. Apps occasionally demand additional space to store cache and temporary data.
Having an iPhone constantly running out of memory can result in various issues, including app crashes. Following this procedure will allow you to free up memory space on your computer:
- Go to the iPhone Settings menu on your phone.
- Select “General/Usage” from the drop-down menu.
- A list of apps will be displayed; choose the one you use only occasionally or never.
- To free up memory, select and delete the program in question.
4. Make Sure your app is not restricted
Sometimes we end up restricting certain apps on our phones by mistake. You can undo this by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to your phone settings
- Tap on the screen time
- Go to the ‘App Limits’
- Search for the app in the list
- Delete the app from the list by swiping right and tapping Delete
- Now, double-check and open ‘Content & Privacy Restrictions’ to check that the app is not restricted.
5. An Outage of App Store Servers
When a certain app is very famous globally there are times when the servers crash. When this happens, you will find it difficult to use the app. When this happens, you can check the news or the internet to figure out if an app is down.
6. Restart Your Device
The most fundamental thing you can do is try shutting down and restarting your iPhone. Here’s how you go about it:
- For some seconds, press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button on your phone.
- A slider will appear; swipe it to the right to activate it.
- The phone will be turned off shortly.
- Once more, press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Your iPhone will switch on in a short period.
7. Internet Connection
There are many apps that require an internet connection. You should check your connection whether it’s your WiFi or mobile data, to see if the app is working or not.
8. Reinstall The Application
In most cases, deleting and reinstalling the app will resolve an app crash on an iPhone by having the default version. You can accomplish this by following these steps:
- Go to your “Home Screen” and click on it.
- Locate the application you wish to delete and press and hold it for a few seconds.
- When the app icon begins to wobble, hit the “X” mark at the top of the icon to remove it from your device.
- You can now navigate to the “App Store.”
- Select “Search” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the search bar and enter the name of the program you wish to install.
- The app will be displayed with a “Get” button in front of it; tap on it, and the installation process will begin.
9. Check Any iOS Update
It is recommended that you maintain your iPhone up to date as soon as a new iOS version becomes available.
Using outdated software might result in several compatibility issues and app misbehaving and crashing. All you have to do to see if a software update is available in the following:
- Open the “Settings” application on your iPhone.
- Select “General” from the drop-down menu.
- Look for and select “Check for Updates.”
- The screen will display any available updates that are available.
- Select “Download and Install,” and the download process will begin shortly.
- Once the download is complete, the update procedure will begin shortly after.
10. Reset The Settings On Your iPhone
You can completely reset all of the settings on your iPhone. You will not lose any information in the process. The following are the steps to take to Reset All Settings on your iPhone:
- Navigate to the Settings app menu on your iPhone.
- Select “General/Reset/Reset All Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be required to input your Passcode; type it in, and finish.
11. Factory Reset Your iPhone
This solution will work most of the time and resolve all of your iPhone app freeze issues. However, losing all of your data is the only drawback, although you can always back up data. Follow the steps outlined below very carefully:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer via iTunes.
- Select “Summary” from the “iPhone” drop-down menu.
- Then select “Restore iPhone” to completely delete all content and settings on the device.
12. Contact the App Developer
Getting in touch with the developer and reporting the problem is one option if an app is not working for you, no matter what you try. You can get in touch with the App Developer by following these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to the App Store and download a game.
- Look for the application that you want to report.
- Select “App Support” from the “Rating and Reviews” section.
- To contact the developer, make sure you’re logged in with your Apple ID.
Go to The Apple Store
If none of these fixes help you out, you always have the staff at the Apple Store to help you out with your problems! Visit the Apple store to get a quick fix.
If Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Instagram, and any other apps would not open on your iPhone 13, iPad, or iPod, try one of the ways listed above.
These methods are 100 percent effective and have been reported to work for numerous customers.