Many YouTube users have reported receiving the error “invalid answer received.” The notorious error can be seen in a variety of situations, including while searching for a video, opening a specific video, and commenting on a YouTube video.
Luckily, we have more than enough ways to fix this error. In this post, we’ll look at some of the various solutions that have proven to be effective for a variety of people.
After Google, YouTube has risen to become the world’s second most visited website. However, there have been numerous flaws with respect to the platform’s functionalities, such as YouTube lagging on PC and many more.
From their end, the tech team has been consistent in improving the faults and repairs.
However, one specific issue that irritates the platform is the invalid response received youtube which users have encountered and reported in many instances, as stated above.
fixes For the invalid response received on youtube
- Reload the browsing page
- Verifying the account name
- Disabling Third-Party Extensions
- Using a different browser
- Verifying your YouTube account.
- Download and Save
- Check your network
What does an invalid response from the server mean?
The error indicates that the web server could not process the client browser request and sent a faulty or invalid YouTube response.
After more analysis, we discovered that there are a variety of reasons why you see the issue, so before we go into the remedies, let’s look at the most prevalent causes of the error.
Why am I getting “YouTube Invalid Response Received Error”?
There are plenty of possible causes for the problem to arise. These scenarios differ from one user to the next, as do the device and connection characteristics. Let’s have a look at some such scenarios.
- Timeout: Because videos sometimes take an inordinate amount of time to upload, the account can anticipate timeouts. Invalid responses are frequently caused by this issue.
- The problem can arise in rare situations if the Google Account is not verified (by a mobile number or other means) and there is nothing you can do about it.
- Issues with Browser Extensions: The error might be caused by a number of third-party browser extensions or add-ons. Disabling extensions or add-ons may help you address the problem.
- A different account was used to log in. If you are logged into a different account by mistake and plan to upload to your main account, YouTube will display an error notice.
- When you’re working with many tabs and have checked in with a different account in between, this can happen.
Follow the best feasible solutions that have worked for various afflicted people now that you are familiar with the common causes of the error.
1. Reload the browsing page.
When you do this, the login screen should reappear and you should be able to enter your login credentials.
The idea behind this step is to send the server a new, refreshed request for it to be able to get the prior feed.
If you’re using a PC or a laptop, simply press F5. If you’re using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to access YouTube on your phone,
Go to the right-hand side of the browser page and click the three dots/parallel lines.
There are four menus from Bookmark Page (marked by a star), Downloads Page, Help Page, and Reload Sign.
To refresh the page, click the “Refresh” button.
2. Verifying the account name
- Before you can post the video, you may need to keep a name while creating a Google account. When your Google Account doesn’t have a name set up, this can be an issue because Google will rely solely on the email address you used to sign up, which can cause a problem. The wisest course of action would be to:
- On your PC, laptop, or smartphone, open a browser of your choice.
- Make sure you are signed in to the correct Google account in case you are using multiple Gmail accounts.
- Go to Account Settings in Google.
- Please log in to your account.
- Locate the Personal Information panel on the left and select it.
- Lastly, click on the Save button.
Now try leaving a comment on any YouTube video to check if the error persists, or move on to the next step.
3. Disabling Third-Party Extensions
When certain extensions obstruct the operation, the error “Invalid response received by YouTube” can arise.
Extensions like ad-blocking, for example, can often slow things down and exacerbate the problem.
Aside from these plugins, using Brave Shield in the popular Brave web browser can cause a similar problem. Let’s have a look at how to disable them one by one.
Chrome Extensions for Ad-Blocking:
- Open the Settings menu in the top right corner of the page (three vertical dots or three parallel lines).
- Locate and select the extension option.
- Disable any ad-blocking extensions by clicking on the Add-ons extension.
4. Locate and select the Extensions option. For Brave Shield, go to the Add-on extension and disable any ad-blocking extensions.
5. Brave Shield requires the following:
- Select the video you want to view.
- Stop using the Brave Shield once you receive the warning “invalid answer received on YouTube.
- This can be done by selecting the Brave icon from the drop-down menu next to the address box.
4. Using a Different Browser
Use a different browser as a fourth option.
For their part, browsers can play a huge role in why you’re getting the message. There are no specific reasons why this could happen on the browser’s side.
It’s possible that it’s due to a pending update failure. In this situation, checking for the most recent version of the browser and installing the update might be enough to solve the problem for good.
If the problem persists after trying all of them, the best thing to do is to try a new browser and see what happens. On the surface, this appears to be a good idea.
5. Verifying your YouTube Account
Verification is crucial, and it can occasionally solve the problem. To accomplish this,
Go to the YouTube settings page.
- Go to Account and select View Advanced Settings from the drop-down menu.
2. You must verify your YouTube account by adding your phone number to it, and your YouTube account verification will be done.
3. And you would receive a verification code in the form of a phone call or a text message, depending on your preference.
4. Verify it and that’s it.
Hopefully, the error has been repaired. Nevertheless, if you continue to receive the error message when looking for or opening any YouTube video, proceed to the next step.
6. Download and save
If you want to download a video but get an error notice that says “invalid response received.” “With YouTube video download,” the easiest thing to do is save the video to a playlist and then download it.
This step is only applicable to YouTube App users on their mobile devices. To accomplish this,
- Select the video you want to see.
- Under the video player, select Save.
- Save it to an existing Playlist or start a new one by clicking “Create a New Playlist.”
- Reopen the video and download the video.
7. Check Your Network
Last but not least, if you have a laggy, unstable, or slow internet connection, this could trigger an invalid response on YouTube.
In this situation, try restarting the router and the IP client to verify if the issue has been resolved.
Alternatively, if you’re familiar with advanced networking procedures, try resetting your router to factory defaults and rechecking your LAN and IP settings.
If you’re using a mobile network, consider turning it off for a while and then turning it back on.
Alternatively, try turning on Flight Mode for a few minutes and then turning it off again. Also, if you’re using Wi-Fi, use an ethernet connection to ensure a stable and constant network connection.