How to install XAPK file? Do you think about XAPK files and the ways to install them? Don’t worry. We have got you covered.
We have created a quick and easy step-by-step guide on installing the XAPK file. These files are package containers for android apps, similar to APK files.
What is an XAPK File?
Do you think uploading apps into the play store is an easy task? No, it is not. App developers need to remember several things while developing them.
One of the first restrictions is the file size of the app which should be less than 100 MB.
This becomes a challenge for people who develop graphic-intensive games. Therefore app developers need to upload separate APK files.
They can also bundle the OBB file and graphics data in a different package. This makes graphics-intensive games like PUBG and Asphalt 9 download additional files when users launch them for the first time.
XAPK is a file format mainly used for packaging games and android apps. XAPK files are usually zip files that contain OBB cache asset files and APK packages. You must develop a good level of security like how you do with APK files.
Because when you install files from unverified sources, it will lead to compromising the device as the hackers might control it remotely.
So, remember it should be downloaded from a reliable and trusted source and downloaded from a signed version.
Advantages of XAPK File
It is mainly used by large apps that help you save internet data by downloading it once so you can transfer it to a phone or tablet.
It will become a huge time saver. Most of the time, you might have noticed that the download speed is low in the case of app downloads.
In this way, you can avoid waiting for the download to complete. It will solve all the unnecessary hustles involved in installing the region-specific apps. Installing the XAPK file will save both your time and data.
Installing XAPK File
- Installing XAPK File Through File Manager
- Installing XAPK File Using an XAPK Installer
- Installing XAPK File Using APKPURE App
- Installing XAPK File on PC With Bluestacks 4
Methods to Install XAPK File
1. Installing XAPK File Through File Manager
If you want to avoid installing the additional app and like to install only the XAPK app, then this is the perfect method. Follow the steps below to install it with the file manager app.
- Open the file manager app on your android phone and find the XAPK file you downloaded earlier.
- You need to rename the extension to zipping.
- Long press on that file, click on the three dots in the lower right corner, and click on the extract button.
- You will get two important files. One is an APK file, and another one is an android folder.
- Go to the android folder and copy the OBB file.
- Place it inside the OBB folder of your android’s internal storage.
- Once done, go back to the extracted folder and install the APK file.
2. Installing XAPK File Using an XAPK Installer
Follow the steps below to install the XAPK file using an XAPK installer.
- Once the app is installed, run the app and grant the required permissions.
- It will start to scan all the XAPK files on your android phone and SD card.
- Once it has scanned, tap on the XAPK file you want to install. It will automatically extract the compressed or standard zip format and install the required APK file on your android device.
By performing this method, you need not manually copy the OBB file as we did in the previous method.
3. Installing XAPK File using APKPURE App
Follow the steps below to install the XAPK file using the APKPURE app.
- You can download the APKPURE app from the google play store.
- Open the APKPURE app and go to the APK / XAPK management tab.
- It will show the preview of APK and XAPK files on your android device.
- Tap on the XAPK file. It will automatically extract the file and install the app on your android device.
4. Installing XAPK File on PC With Bluestacks 4
Follow the steps below to install the XAPK file on a PC.
- Download and install the XAPK file and File Manager app on your PC.
- Open the XAPK file with Bluestacks APK handler.
- Open the file manager app with Bluestacks APK handler.
- Open the system app and select the media manager.
- Click on Import from Windows option and select the APK file.
- It will start to check the file, which will take some time.
- Once it has been checked, it will import the file.
- Now, open File Explorer manager.
- Give permission and agree.
- Click on the start now button.
- Scroll down and click on Home. Click on the DCIM folder.
- Click on the shared folder.
- Copy the XAPK file to the downloads folder.
- Once you have completed this, open the XAPK file.
- Click on Install. It will start to install the OBB files.
- In the creative destruction window, click on the Install button.
- Once the app is installed, click on Done.
Steps to Perform When You Notice Suspicious Apps
When you encounter any suspicious apps, the best thing is to kick them out of your phone immediately. Follow the steps below to kick the app out of your phone.
- Open the Settings app on your android phone.
- Click on Apps. Scroll down and click on that suspicious app.
- Tap on Force stop.
- Click on uninstall the app.
Also, make sure that the app has not downloaded any additional apps. It would be good to go through the apps list again to ensure no other apps are installed.
Why is the XAPK File Not Installed?
1. Failed Installation
This error usually occurs when you have not enabled the installation from unknown sources. Go to the security features on your android mobile settings menu to enable this option.
2. Corrupted XAPK File
When the XAPK file format is corrupted, it will not work even though you have installed it without fail.
This happens when the internet connection is less stable when you download the XAPK file, so these files will get damaged.
3. Full Memory
Whenever you download an XAPK file, the size will generally be significant because it will have an OBB or additional data.
Ensure you have enough storage space in your android phone when installing the XAPK file.
I hope the above article has given you an idea about installing the XAPK file. We have provided 3 steps for installing it on an android phone.
If you do not like installing any additional apps, go for the first method. If you are comfortable installing apps, then go for the other methods.