What Is Igfxtray.Exe?
IgfxTray.exe is a legal Intel corporation process that is included with the Windows operating system software. Designed for the Intel Common User Interface module. Users can change display and graphics settings like screen rotation, hotkeys, and extended desktop settings using this method.
Your taskbar notification tray contains a system tray icon for the process. To access Intel Graphics configuration, click its icon.
Locate the process on the Processes tab by right-clicking your taskbar and selecting Task Manager from the menu.
Typically, the igfxTray.exe file is located in the C:\Windows\System32\folder. It is a Microsoft-signed file, not a Windows system file.
Is Igfxtray.Exe Spyware Or A Virus?
Although igfxTray.exe is a process of intel and generally harmless. It has been used by malware and virus programs to get access to your computer. IgfxTray.exe may be a virus, malware, or another sort of infection.
As a result, to secure your PC, you must first determine whether the process is safe. The tutorial can be found below.
- Right-click igfxTray in Task Manager(ctrl+shift+esc) and select Properties from the context menu.
- Go to the General tab and see if the process is running from the C:\Windows\System32\folder.
- Go to the Digital Signatures section.
- The Signature list will display all of the signatures.
- To see the specifics of a signature, select one from the list and click the Details option.
If nothing strange appears, it is a genuine process that will not harm your computer.
Indications that this file is harmful
The.exe file is a standard executable file that malware authors frequently employ for harmful activities. As a result, many cyber-attacks may infect the system using the moniker igfxtray.exe. Because the original file is in the C:\Windows\System32\folder, viewing it in a different location could indicate a computer infection.
For example, disguise themselves as igfxtray.exe.
- TROJ SPNR.0BK811
- PE SALITY.RL
- Trojan: Win32/Meredrop,
Check the validity of this file if you find your PC acting strangely or receiving numerous errors relating to this process.
Methods to solve errors with igfxtray Intel Graphics
- Exclude igfxtray With Windows Defender
- Delete igfxpers Using Registry Editor
- Reinstall The Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
- Disable igfxtray Using System Configuration
1. Exclude igfxtray With Windows Defender
If you get a warning prompt every time you start your computer, you can use Windows Defender’s Exclusion panel to exclude igfxTray.exe. It will automatically add the process to the safe list and ignore it whenever your PC is scanned.
- Press Windows + S, type “Windows Defender Settings” in the dialogue box that appears, and then open the application that appears.
- Click “Virus and threat protection settings.”
- Click Add or remove exclusions under the heading “allowed threats.”
- Check that the process “C:WindowsSystem32igfxTray.exe” exists before adding the exclusion.
- Select “Process” from the “Add an exclusion” menu.
Excluding a process can be accomplished in a variety of ways. You can use the complete pathname, the process name alone. A star in the program’s extension space. Restart your computer once you’ve added the extension to see if the issue has been resolved.
2. Delete igfxpers Using Registry Editor
If all of the previous approaches fail and the dialogue box continues to show on occasion, consider removing the registry item. We’ll remove the entry from Run, removing the entry from running, preventing it from popping up again.
- Enter “regedit” in the dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Navigate to the following file path in the registry editor:
- HK Local Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
- Delete the “C:WINDOWSsystem32igfxpers.exe” item.
- Removing through Run will ensure that the process does not start automatically when your computer boots up.
- Restart your computer and see if the issue has been resolved. This solution may necessitate administrative credentials.
Note: Please keep in mind that the registry editor is a highly powerful tool. Deleting the wrong keys could make your computer unusable and cause more difficulties.
3. Reinstall The Graphics Media Accelerator Driver
You may also use Windows Update to update all drivers for Windows 10. It includes network adapters, printers, video cards, display adapters, monitors, sound/video/game drivers, and so on./Intel/AMD/ Nvidia graphics cards drivers for Windows 10 can also be updated. Make sure the Windows 10 computer has a stable network connection before proceeding.
- To open Windows 10 Settings, choose to Start then Settings.
- After that, go to Update & Security and select Windows Update from the left column.
- Then, by clicking the Check for updates button, Windows 10 will automatically check for all available driver updates and download and install them for your Windows 10 computer.
- Alternatively, go to the control panel to update drivers.
4. Disable igfxtray Using System Configuration
If the problem persists after attempting the first technique, see if the service can be disabled via system configuration. The tab “Startup” in the system settings contains all of the processes that run at startup.
- Enter “MSConfig” in the dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Select the startup tab and uncheck the box next to “IgfxTray” if it appears under IntelCorp or Intel.
- There are many entries under Intel, but if you hover your cursor over each one, the process will appear.
- You can also look at the command to see the process’ keyword.
Igfxtray.exe, also known as The Graphics Media Accelerator Driver model. It is a valid process that runs on the Windows operating system. Intel created the process, which is installed as part of the intel common user interface. In case you face any error with the igfxtray tray, then follow the above-given remedies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Igfxtray necessary at startup?
Igfxtray.exe does not need to be executed at startup. Igfxtray is a program that allows you to access the Intel Graphics configuration utility rapidly. Igfxtray doesn’t need to run at startup unless you frequently modify your settings.
What is Igfxtray?
Intel Graphics System Tray Icon is referred to as igfxTray. Many users have noted that an igfxTray dialogue box always appears while starting the system, along with a security warning. It makes no difference whether you choose Run or Cancel. When you restart your computer, the warning appears again.
Is it safe to disable the igfxTray module?
Disabling the igfxTray.exe software from Startup will almost certainly put your PC at risk. Occasionally, any programs or apps associated with the igfxTray.exe process will stop working. Even less if you disable or delete the igfxTray.exe file from your computer directly.
Is igfxTray EXE malware?
Although igfxTray.exe is generally harmless, it has been used by malware and virus programs to get access to your computer. IgfxTray.exe may be a virus, malware, or another sort of infection. As a result, to secure your PC, you must first determine whether the process is safe.