Nobody knows how to turn off PS 5. Sony hasn’t made things as straightforward as you might imagine, especially if you’re coming from a PS3 or PS4, which have a slightly different method of turning off the device.
On the PS5, the settings can be a little different. It covers how to turn off PS5. You may turn off your PS5 via various means, including the controller, the console itself, or your mobile device.
If you like to save battery life on the DualSense controller when it’s not in use, you now know how to turn it off. The steps below will show you how to turn off your PS5 using both the DualSense pad and the physical buttons on the console.
How to Turn Off PS5?
- How To Turn Off The PS5 Console With Controller
- How To Turn Off PS5 Console Without A Controller
- How To Turn Off PS5 Controller
- How To Turn Off PS5 Controller Mic
1. How To Turn Off The PS5 Console With Controller?
The DualSense controller is the most common way to turn off the PlayStation 5. You must first activate the ‘Cards Menu’ by pressing the PlayStation App button on the DualSense controller.
It had more of a spherical button form on the PS4 and PS3, and you might not even notice you can press the button on the PlayStation 5. Although it is a hard plastic button, it appears to be a piece of branding.
Check that the controller you’re using to shut down the PS5 is turned on. The touchpad will be surrounded by colored light. A white light will also indicate which controller belongs to which player.
DualSense can turn off PS4 if the controller has switched itself off. Press and hold the PlayStation button until you hear a beep to turn it back on. You might need to do this since the DualSense controller will turn itself off after a certain amount of time if left unattended.
Use The Control Center Menu Options
- Press the PlayStation logo on the controller, you can access the PS5 control center menu.
- Select the one with the power sign on the far right. It’s the ‘Customise’ symbol, which is just to the left of the text.
- As you pass over the icons, words will be printed above them. The one that says ‘Power’ is the one you want. By hitting the ‘X’ button, you can choose it.
- A pop-up window will appear, displaying three different power options.
- Select the ‘Turn Off PS5’ option in the center, which also has a circle icon. By hitting the ‘X’ button, you can choose it.
- If you accidentally select the wrong menu, click the ‘O’ (circle button) to return to the previous one.
- Don’t worry about turning off the controller; it will do so automatically after the PlayStation has completed its shutdown operation.
- You will receive a warning if you unplug the console while the indicator light is still blinking. It could take up to ten seconds. Wait until the white light has completely gone out.
Rest Mode Features
This is the mode you’ll be in most of the time. Consider rest mode to be a “Standby Mode.” It will allow your PlayStation 5 to save you time by downloading updates, charging the DuleSense controller, and allowing for a faster start-up.
Rest mode has several advantages, including charging the controller, downloading updates, and even syncing your saves if you have PlayStation Plus.
- Follow the same procedures for turning off the PS5, but instead of selecting ‘Turn Off PS5’ in the power settings, select ‘Rest Mode PS5’.
- Select ‘Enter Rest Mode’ from the drop-down menu.
- When you see the orange blinking light on the PS5, you know it’s successfully entered rest mode. This reminds you that the PlayStation is still turned on and that you should not unplug it.
- If you don’t know what you’re doing, you might think you’ve turned off the PS5.
- Surprisingly, the ‘Power’ icon appears next to the ‘Enter Rest Mode’ option. It’s even at the very top of the list of possibilities.
- By pressing the PlayStation button on a DualSense, you can wake up your PS5.
Follow the steps in the ‘how to turn off PS5’ section until you reach the power choice. And then, select the ‘Restart PS5’ option, indicated by a sun icon.
- All games and apps will end when the PS5 is restarted, and any unsaved game data will be lost.
- Because it’s at the bottom of the power menu, restarting your PS5 requires the most button presses.
- You’re unlikely to restart by sitting on the controller by accident.
2. How To Turn Off PS5 Console Without A Controller?
If you want to turn off PS5 without using the PS5 controller, you’ll have to do so directly on the console. This is one of the easiest methods for turning off a PS5, although it does necessitate accessing the console from wherever it may be in your room.
- There are two buttons on the black bar in the middle of the PS5 console (For Digital PS5 Edition, there is only one button).
- For the disc version, locate the Power button on the left-hand side of the console. The Power button will be at the base of the PS5 console if positioned vertically.
- Hold down the Power button until a second beep is heard.
- After the first beep, release the button to put your console into rest mode. The PS5 will be turned off fully after two beeps.
- A message will emerge on the screen when your PS5 prepares to turn off.
- This is to caution you not to disconnect the console’s AC power cord while the power button is still turned on.
3. How To Turn Off PS5 Controller?
Turn it off if you’re downloading a game and want to save battery life on the PS5 controller’s not-so-powerful 1,560mAh battery. However, unlike prior PS generations, shutting off the DualSense PS5 controller needs a somewhat different procedure.
Turn Off PS5 Automatically
If your DualSense pad isn’t used for a specific time, you can automatically arrange it to Turn Off PS5. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Open the PS5’s settings menu. Go to the top right-hand corner of the home screen and tap the cog-shaped or gear icon.
- Select System from the submenu as you scroll down. It’ll be at the bottom of the list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Power Saving.
- In the “Set Time Until Controller Turn Off” section, set the time. Your controller can be turned off after 10, 30, or 60 minutes of inactivity.
Through Control Center
- Press the PlayStation button on your PS5 DualSense pad between the analog sticks.
- Locate the Accessories option on the bottom row of the PS5 menu. It’s a gamepad-shaped button with a small battery meter icon on it.
- When you press X, you’ll get a list of all the accessories linked to your device. Wireless Controller will be the name of your DualSense controller.
- Delete it by using the X key.
- Select the Turn Off PS5 option to “turn off PS5” to turn off the pad.
How To Turn Off PS5 With The Media Remote?
The Media Remote is a traditional television remote control. Many people use their PlayStation as a media player, and the inclusion of a remote makes non-gamers feel more at ease. It’ll suffice to get you by and do the essentials. You have enough buttons to interact with Netflix’s programming.
- Using the ‘Media Remote’ to “How to turn off PS5” is the same as using a DualSense.
- The PlayStation button is at the bottom of the remote, which is the only difference.
- You use the white circle button in the center of the arrow keys instead of the ‘X’ button to enter.
4. How To Turn Off PS5 Controller Mic?
The DualSense controller for the PS5 is one of the most significant current gaming devices. This little device is jam-packed with technology. A high-quality mic is one of them, and it’s open by default.
This implies that whatever you say can be picked up even if you don’t want it to, perhaps causing problems in your online multiplayer game. Fortunately, turning off the mic on your controller is a simple process.
Via The Control Center
These procedures will enable you to silence your DualSense controller mic, allowing you to take care of personal affairs without worrying about your teammates hearing everything you say.
- On your controller, press the PS button.
- In the Control Center, press the X on the microphone icon.
- The microphone on your PS5 controller will be muted due to this action.
- Additional steps are required if you wish to silence your PS5, including the sound output entirely:
- Hold down the mute button on the PS5 controller until the orange light starts blinking.
- If you need to focus on something else, you can use this step to silence both yourself and the game.
Via The Settings Menu
If your DualSense pad isn’t used for a specific time, you can automatically arrange it to shut down. Simply follow the instructions outlined below:
- Open the PS5’s settings menu. Go to the top right-hand corner of the home screen and tap the cog-shaped icon.
- Select System from the submenu as you scroll down. It’ll be near the base of the list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Power Saving.
- In the Set Time Until Controllers Turn Off section, set the time.
Via The Controller
Simply click the horizontal mute button in the center of your controller, directly below the PlayStation logo, to silence the game. The button will blink orange when you silence the microphone.
The PlayStation 5 can be turned off in various ways using a variety of input methods. From the DualSense to the Media Remote and even turning the PS5 off on the machine itself, there’s a lot to learn about the PS5.
It will become second nature once you’ve gotten used to where the new menus are located. You should take it slowly the first number of times until muscle memory has been established. To turn off the PS5 and its peripherals, use any strategies listed above.
Can You Turn Your PS5 Off With Your Controller?
By pressing the PlayStation logo on the PS5 controller, you can access the PS5 control center menu. Activate the power icon. Enter Rest Mode, Turn Off PS5 and Rebbot PS5 are the three options you’ll see. To turn off the PS5, select the Turn off PS5 option. Download firmware if needed.
How Do You Turn On A PS5 Controller?
Press the PlayStation button in your PS5 DualSense pad between the analog sticks. Locate the Accessories option on the bottom row of the PS5 menu. It’s a gamepad-shaped button with a small battery meter icon on it. When you press X, you’ll get a list of all the accessories linked to your device.
How Do I Manually Turn On My PS5?
Restart the PS5 manually. Hold down the power icon button for 15 seconds if your console does not turn on after entering Rest Mode. The console will restart, and a warning notice will appear. It’s advisable to disable Rest Mode in the PS5 settings until Sony issues a patch to remedy this glitch.
How Do I Turn On My New PS5?
Your PS5 should be rebooted. Hold down the power button until the blinking LED light turns off. If the console turns on but won’t startup. Disconnect the power supply and leave the console for 20 minutes prior to reconnecting it and attempting to turn it on.