The older version of Instagram used to have the “Following Activity Tab.” It used to let you see your friend’s activity on Instagram. But, soon, the creators realized that many people do not use this feature. Thus, they removed this feature from Instagram. As a result, users who liked this feature were left unsatisfied with the new Instagram versions.
There are still plenty of features on Instagram that can let you see your friend’s activities. To know how to work around with them so that you can see someone’s likes on Instagram, read the whole article.
Solutions To See Other People’s Instagram Likes
- How To See What Someone Likes On Instagram? People And Pages They Follow
- How To See What Someone Liked On Instagram? Posts, Reels, And Stories They Liked
- How To Check Who Liked A Post And A Comment
- How To See Posts Someone Likes On Instagram On Android Device?
- How To Check Someone’s Last Active Status?
- How To See Someone’s Like On Instagram Using A Third-Party Application
- Steps To Get Started With Snoopreport
- Like Other People’s Stories Using The Story Likes Feature
- Where Can You See Who Liked Your Story?
How To See Other People’s Instagram Likes
1. How To See What Someone Likes On Instagram? People And Pages They Follow
It has become a bit difficult to monitor someone’s activity on Instagram. As already mentioned earlier, the activity feature is no longer available. Tracking what someone is up to on Instagram is now more tricky than ever.
If you want to know what someone likes on Instagram, you can start by checking their following. Following here means the number of pages, people, and tags that someone is following. Perform these steps to check that out:
- Open the Instagram Application on your device
- Sign in with your credentials. Skip it if you are already signed in.
- Click on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen. Tap on the search bar and type the username or name of the person. If you find that person’s profile in the result, click on it to open the profile.
- If you follow that person, then you can go to your profile by clicking on your profile’s icon at the bottom.
- From there, click on your “Following.”
- Search the name or username of that person and click on the profile name.
- Since you are following the person, you can check who they are following by clicking on the following option. There you can get all the insight about the pages, people, and tags they are following.
You can follow the same pages and tags. This way, whenever they like a post from the same page, their mini profile picture will be visible to the likes. Also, you can open and check the likes of the same page’s posts to check if they have liked that post. Remember, if you don’t follow the person, then you can’t have access to their “following.” But, if their profile is public, then you can easily check that.
2. How To See What Someone Liked On Instagram? Posts, Reels, And Stories They Liked
You can take this step as an extended version of the previous one. But, you can check the posts and reels someone likes if you have access to the pages and people they follow.
Keep in mind that some of the pages or people might have their accounts as private. In such cases, you can only get access to their posts and reels if you follow them. Following common pages and people makes things easier for you.
For instance, you gain access to the posts and reels of the people and pages that your person is following. Once you gain that access, you can check the likes of the reels and posts.
In short, you can check the posts and reels of the pages and people that your person follows. To do that, you need to:
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Navigate to the profile of the person you are looking into.
- Open the pages that they follow through “Following.”
- You will be directed to the main account. To check the likes on the posts, make sure that you are on the posts section. If you are not, then you can go there by tapping on the square grid icon. Or you can slide the screen to the right if you are on the reels section.
- Now, tap on the post on which you want to check the likes.
- Tap on “X others.” A list of people who liked the post will appear. Here “X” represents the total number of people who liked that post.
- You can search that person’s name in the search bar to check if they have liked that post.
You can repeat these steps with the other posts too.
To Check The Reels That Somebody Has Liked:
- Open the reels section by clicking on the Play button-like icon (reel icon). Or, if you are in the post section, slide your finger to the left on the screen.
- Tap on any reel and click on the number of likes that are visible below the like button (heart icon).
- Search the person’s name, and if they have liked that reel, their name will appear in the search results.
As for the Instagram stories, a new feature lets you like the stories. We will discuss more regarding that feature more later in this article. But, if you want to know whether you can see the likes on stories, then your answer is no. Just like the views of the stories, the person who has put on the story can only check who has liked their story.
3. How To Check Who Liked A Post And A Comment
It’s possible that you only want to see the people who have liked a particular post. You might also know that people can like the comments on a post as well. So, to see the likes on a post, you can follow these instructions:
- Run the Instagram app on your device.
- Navigate to the post on which you want to see the likes.
- Tap on the “Others” or “X others” option right below the picture of the post. Here X means the number of people who liked that post.
And that’s it; you will get the entire list of people who have liked that post. You can follow these steps to check the likes on any post.
Now, to check the likes on a comment, you have to:
- Open the comment section by clicking on “View All X comments.” You can find this option right below the likes on a post. Or you can click on the comment icon beside the like button (Heart icon).
- Once you open the comment section, find the comment of which you want to check the likes.
- You might see a very small “X Likes” written at the bottom of that comment. Tap on it, and you will get access to the list of people who liked that comment.
If you want to reply to any comment, then you can click on the “Comment” option, which is also at the bottom of every comment. You can find it beside the “X Likes” option. Keep in mind that X represents the total number of people in this section.
4. How To See Posts Someone Likes On Instagram On Android Device?
By now, it must be obvious to you that there is no in-built feature that you can use to see the posts someone likes. But, you can resort to the manual way of seeing someone’s likes. If you are using an Android device, then you can follow these steps:
- Click on the Instagram icon on your mobile to launch the app.
- Navigate to the profile of the person whose likes you want to track. You can find their profile by tapping on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Type in the username of the person in the search bar and select “see all results.” Click on the profile that you are looking for.
- Once you are on their profile page, click on the “Following” option.
- Open the profile of the users that they follow. And then check the likes on their posts to see if the person you are tracking has liked any of their posts.
You can repeat similar steps for other people and pages that your person follows. But, remember that you can only gain access to those users’ posts who have their account as “Public.”
5. How To Check Someone’s Last Active Status?
Not getting a reply from a person can make you curious, and rightfully so. In such cases, you wonder whether the other person wants to invest in the conversation as you are investing or not.
Knowing all this is essential. You wouldn’t want to come off as a creepy person who keeps texting the other person even without getting a reply. Checking that person’s active status can tell you a lot about all this. To check that, you need to:
- Open Instagram on your device and navigate to the Direct Messages section. You can do so by clicking on the message icon in the top right corner. Or you can slide left on the screen.
- Open the Direct Message from that person. At the top of the conversation, the Active status of that person will be visible.
If the person is online right now, it will show “Active now.” If they were online a while ago, it would show “Active 1m or 2m” ago. Keep in mind that you should have some messages exchanged before. Only then will you be able to see it. Also, you and the other person should have enabled “Activity Status.”
To check if your Activity Status is on:
- Open your profile page and click on the three parallel lines icon at the top right corner.
- Choose the “Settings” option from the context menu.
- Select “Privacy” and go to “Activity Status.”
- Toggle the button beside “Show Activity Status” to switch it on if it’s off.
After you have enabled your Activity Status, you can see others’ activity status. But, you can only see those people’s active status who have enabled it.
6. How To See Someone’s Like On Instagram Using A Third-Party Application.
There is not any in-built feature on Instagram that helps you track someone’s activity. But, there are plenty of third-party applications available for it. One such application is Snoopreport. So, if you want to spy on someone, let’s say your kids, you can do so with the services of Snoopreport.
To use Snoopreport, you need to add Instagram handles for tracking. It will provide you insight into the likes, comments, and follows made by the person. You can also track anyone’s business Instagram account too with this amazing application.
7. Steps To Get Started With Snoopreport
Using this application is not rocket science. Also, it has a user-friendly interface with a straightforward approach. Everything is in front of your eyes, and you might also not need any guidance for that. But, those who are new to using this application can seek guidance from the steps provided below:
- To start monitoring Instagram accounts, you need to create an account on Snoopreport. For that, tap on the Sign-up option that will be visible to you on the homepage of Snoopreport. (You will need to type in your email and password).
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will get signed in by default.
You can find everything on the Dashboard related to adding or deleting an account on the Dashboard. Even the option for buying the premium packages that you want is available there. But first, you should know the details about adding an account.
Remember that you can add as many accounts as you want. If you want to add more than one account, you can do so by adding a comma after each username. Or you can add several accounts in a row list:
- When you start typing the username, you will get results based on that username in a drop-down list. You can select the one that you are looking for. Keep in mind that you can only add the ones that are public accounts. It’s not applicable to people who have their accounts private.
- After you have selected and added the account that you want to track, you will need to buy time. Three options will be available to you 4 weeks, 26 weeks, or 52 weeks. If you opt for tracking a single account, then the purchased time will be allotted to that single account. But, if you have added several accounts, then you can manage the weeks howsoever you want.
Here is an example of managing the time allotted to you:
Let’s say that you have added 15 Instagram handles and purchased the 26 weeks package. Now, you will have to manage 26 weeks for 15 accounts. You can allow 5 weeks to the most preferred account, 5 weeks to the other one, and 4 weeks to the third account.
Now you have 12 accounts with 12 weeks left; you can allot one week to each of them. (You can manage the bought time any which way you want, it’s only an example to make you understand)
- Once you have set the number of weeks to every account, the tracking will start by default. To add more accounts, later on, you can simply add the accounts and then buy time by clicking on “buy time.”
- As you have purchased the packages based on weeks, you will get your report weekly only. To check the report for the first week, tap on the report’s time frame. Every post that the owner of that particular account has liked will be visible to you in the report.
Here are the things that you will get insight on:
- The photos and videos were liked by the user of that account along with the users who posted them.
- Following activity and engagement with other accounts of that user.
You can also download the report in the format of PDF or CSV.
8. Like Other People’s Stories Using The Story Likes Feature
Instagram keeps experimenting by introducing new features every now and then. Sometimes, it also removes the features that no longer interest Instagram users. This year, on Valentine’s Day, the creators introduced a new feature. It enables you to like other people’s stories.
So from now on, if you like someone’s story, you can tell them only by liking their story. There is no need to “direct message” that person to tell it. This feature is available in most regions, and as it’s still rolling out, some people might not have it yet. Also, if you do not have this feature, then check for Instagram updates.
You can execute these steps to like someone’s Instagram story:
- Open the Story that you want to like on your Instagram app.
- Tap on the Heart icon at the bottom right corner. You can find it beside the “Send message” bar.
The person who has posted the story can see that you have liked their story.
If you are unable to locate the icon, it’s possible that the feature is not yet available in that region.
The feature is still rolling out in some regions. So, if you can’t find it, then it’s not applicable for either your region or your person’s region right now. But, do not worry, as soon it will be available to every region.
9. Where Can You See Who Liked Your Story?
To see who liked your story, you will need to open your own story. People who liked your story will appear on top of that list in the views section, along with a little red heart.
Note that you won’t get any kind of Direct Message every time someone likes your story. Rather you will get a notification. So, if you want to view who liked your story you can head to the notification section of your Instagram handle.
Conclusion – How To See Someone’s Likes On Instagram
This guide has covered all the steps that you can execute to see someone’s likes on Instagram. You can either use the manual process, which is a long one, or opt for the third-party solution.
You should know that using a third-party application might be a faster but risky method. Some fraud apps may hijack your information to hack into your system. So, beware of such applications, and if you decide to use them, then do so at your own risk.