Saving email attachments to SharePoint can be easily achieved using Power Automate, a powerful automation tool. With Power Automate, you can create a flow that automates the process of saving attachments from specific senders to a designated SharePoint folder. This not only saves time but also ensures that important attachments are properly stored and organized in SharePoint.
To get started, you can access a pre-existing Power Automate template specifically designed for saving email attachments to SharePoint. This template simplifies the setup process and allows you to customize the flow according to your requirements.
Once you have selected the template, you need to configure the trigger for the flow. In this case, you will choose the “When a new email arrives” trigger, which will initiate the flow whenever a new email is received.
Next, you can specify the SharePoint folder where you want the attachments to be saved. You can also set up filters based on sender email addresses or subject lines to ensure that only relevant attachments are saved.
Furthermore, you have the option to choose attachment actions such as overwriting existing files or appending a timestamp to the file name to avoid conflicts.
Once the flow is set up, it will automatically save the attachments to the specified SharePoint folder and delete the original email. This entire process usually takes just a few seconds.
By automating the task of saving email attachments to SharePoint using Power Automate, you can streamline your workflow and improve efficiency. Important attachments will no longer get lost in your inbox, but instead, they will be securely stored in SharePoint, easily accessible whenever needed.
Start using Power Automate today and experience the benefits of automating this crucial task.
To begin saving email attachments to SharePoint with Power Automate, start by accessing the pre-existing template and configuring the necessary settings. This can be done by following a few simple steps:
1. Open Power Automate and navigate to the templates section. Search for the “Save email attachments to SharePoint” template and select it.
2. Once the template is open, click on the “Use this template” button to create a new flow.
3. In the flow creation page, you will see the “When a new email arrives” trigger already added. This trigger ensures that the flow is triggered every time a new email is received.
4. Now, it’s time to specify the folder in SharePoint where you want to save the attachments. You can choose an existing folder or create a new one. Simply select the appropriate option from the dropdown menu.
5. Next, you can set up email filters to control which emails are processed by the flow. You can specify the sender’s email address or subject keywords to filter the incoming emails. This ensures that only relevant emails are processed and their attachments are saved to SharePoint.
6. Finally, you can customize the attachment options. You have the choice to either overwrite existing files with the same name or create unique file names for each attachment.
Once you have completed these steps, click on the “Save” button to activate the flow. From now on, every time a new email arrives that meets your specified criteria, the attachments will be automatically saved to the designated SharePoint folder. The email will then be deleted, ensuring a streamlined and organized workflow.
By using the power of Power Automate and the “Save email attachments to SharePoint” template, you can automate the process of saving email attachments and save valuable time. Enjoy the benefits of a clutter-free inbox and efficiently organized attachments in SharePoint!