How to reply to a message on Instagram? If you’re confused and can’t find a way out, we will help you out. There is more than one way to easily message someone on Instagram. You can use different devices, as well. Almost every device has these methods and we are here to spread some light on these.
In this guide, we cover messaging to someone or replying to them on different devices. We also cover using different mediums like apps and browsers. So, let’s have a look:
List Of Every Method To Reply To Instagram Message
- How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Android Device?
- How To Give A Reply To A Specific Message?
- How To Reply To Instagram Messages On iPhone?
- How To Revert To A Specific Message On An iOS Device?
- How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Desktop?
- How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Creator Studio?
How To Reply To A Message On Instagram On Different Devices?
1. How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Android Device?
Instagram message reply on an Android phone is possible. But for that, the direct messaging (DM) feature of Instagram should be updated. The following are the steps that tell how to respond to a message in the Instagram app:
- Open Instagram to access your profile.
- Tap on the paper airplane icon
- Select the conversation you wish to reply
- You will see a text input box, where you can write your reply and then hit Send.
2. How To Give A Reply To A Specific Message On Instagram?
Specific reply means giving a response to a particular message from a set of messages. Please note, that in this context, the set of messages is from the same person.
- Tap the human icon which is visible at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the Settings and select Update Messaging.
- Come back to the feed by tapping the paper airplane icon (at the upper right corner of the screen).
- Find a conversation that has the message to which you wish to reply.
- Open the chat, and hold the message in place. Then, swipe it to the right. (the swiped text should appear above the text input box)
- Enter your reply in the text box. When you send your message, the same message you replied to, will be attached to your reply.
There is another way to reply to a specific message on the Instagram app. Follow these steps to reply to a specific message in another way rather than swiping the message.
- Open the Instagram app and click on the paper airplane icon (the upper right corner of your screen). This way, you will be able to access your messages from your Instagram account feed.
- Find the chat that you wish to reply to.
- Open the conversation. Find the message to which you want to revert.
- Tap and hold on to the message until there you see three action options.
- Out of those three options, you have to choose Reply. The message to which you are reverting will get displayed above the text input box.
- Now, enter your message here. When you send it, it will go as a specific reply to a certain message.
3. How To Reply To Instagram Messages On iPhone?
Replying through an iPhone smartphone is as similar as doing it from an android device.
- Open Instagram app
- Swipe your account feed to the right. Or, click on the airplane icon at the top right of your screen.
- Click the conversation you want to reply to.
- Write your message in the text box that will appear at the conversation screen’s bottom.
- Tap Send.
4. How To Revert To A Specific Message On iOS Device?
To reply to an Instagram message on an iPhone. You should first update the direct messaging feature. Here are the steps to do it while responding to the desired messages:
- First of all, check if your Instagram direct messages are updated. Go to your profile and open Settings. Click Update Messaging from there.
- To access messages, click on the messenger icon. You can find it in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Find a conversation to which you wish to respond. Tap and hold it. Swipe it to the right, until you see an arrow icon.
- The selected message will now get displayed above the text input box at the bottom of your screen.
- Type your message in the text box, and hit Send.
To reply to a particular message on Instagram, you can use the following method as well:
Go to your profile tab, then to Settings. Update your direct message version. Tap Update Messaging.
- Return to your Instagram feed. Open your direct messages by clicking on the top right corner of your screen.
- Locate a conversation that has a message to which you wish to revert.
- When you find the message you were looking for, click and hold it. Choose Reply from the three options you get.
- The selected message will be shown above the text input box. It is located at the bottom of your screen. Enter your message and tap the Send button.
5. How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Desktop?
Now it is possible to reply to Instagram DMs or messages on the desktop as well. No need of being on your phone 24/7.
To send Instagram DMs from the desktop. You need to configure the internet browser to look like a smartphone screen.
If you’re on Mac and using the app Safari:
- Visit Instagram.com and log into your account.
- In the menu bar, tap on Safari at the top of your screen.
- Click on Preferences and then tap on the Advanced tab at the end.
Open the Safari Preferences menu.
- At the end of the Advanced menu, look for Show Develop in the menu bar. Check it out.
- Close the Preferences menu, and enable the Develop menu.
- Now, click on Develop in the menu bar.
- Rollover User-Agent. Select the option that has an iPhone at the end. It should be one, near the top of the menu.
- Set Safari to look like an iPhone browser.
- This will change the look of Safari to appear like the browser of an iPhone.
If you are on a PC and using Google Chrome.
- Log into Instagram.com.
- Do right-click anywhere on the screen, and select Inspect.
- On the right side of the screen, a large window will appear filled with code. Click that tiny icon that looks like a phone in front of a tablet, at the top of this menu.
- Afterward, it will turn blue. It is the Toggle Device Toolbar button.
- Make sure that the word at the left-most says Responsive. This will appear in the small toolbar that appears on top of the Instagram page.
- The icon which will change the browser format is small and will be highlighted blue when it is on.
- Now, reload the page.
- Then, you must close the Inspect window by clicking on the X at its top-right corner.
Like with Safari, this will change your Chrome browser so it looks like an iPhone screen.
6. How To Reply To Instagram Messages On Creator Studio?
Since Facebook’s new pages inbox has been out. And, about for quite sometime now, the update that recently came to Creator Studio.
If you are using Creator Studio. You can reply to all your Instagram DMs on your desktop too. Moreover, alongside FB conversations and messages, and IG & FB comments.
Here we have explained how to use this new feature.
First of all, open Creator Studio from the Facebook business manager. Once you log in, you must see an inbox section. As you will click, you will be asked to connect your Instagram account. (Please note, you have to stay in the Facebook section for that.)
Now, tap on the Inbox button. If you manage many Facebook and Instagram accounts together, you will be asked to choose anyone. You can choose any account which you would like to manage at the moment.
Once you select an appropriate account; you can view and reply to all your Instagram DMs.
You can also reply to your Instagram and Facebook Page comments. Tap on Facebook or Instagram below Comments & More. There you will find a live feed of all new comments from both platforms!
The Automated Responses feature offered by the Creator Studio is something worth trying. There, you can make messages that can be sent automatically. Though it depends on the trigger you chose. For instance, if a user shared information about it, or sent a DM when you are out of the office, etc.
So, some of these automatic replies can be availed for Instagram, too. That means you can finally start experimenting with messaging automation!
Conclusion – Reply To Instagram DMs
There are many ways you can reply to a message on Instagram. Also, now it is possible to reply from different devices and their versions. That means, there is no need to worry if you do not have your phone in hand, you can still reply to your Instagram DMs. All thanks to the Instagram PC website.
Moreover, you can reply to the messages through Facebook Creator Studio. Hope you could find the best way to reply to a message on Instagram.
FAQs – How To Reply To Message On Instagram?
Are IPhone And Instagram Android Different?
There is a slight difference between iPhone and Android install the app. Majorly it is about dimensions. Yet, you must have seen that the quality of Instagram & Facebook stories is better on iPhones. But, it is quite poor and low resolution on Android. No matter if you are using a $1000 flagship Android smartphone like Samsung Galaxy S20. Still, it will differ.
Is There An Alternative To Swipe Reply For Computer Users?
Yes, there is an option through which you can reply to a specific message on Instagram on a PC. Follow these steps to do the same. Open Instagram.com on your computer. From the feed, click the airplane icon that is there at the top of the screen. Open a conversation that you wish to reply to. Find the message you wish to revert to. Tap on the three-dot icon next to the message. From the given options, select Reply.
Is There A Way To Send Messages From The Comment On The Feed?
You can not reply to a comment in a personal chat directly. But, you can reply to a comment in the feed. For that, you just need to follow these steps. Open your Instagram feed. Open the post where there is a comment you wish to reply to. Right at the bottom of the comment, you will see the option Reply. Click on it and comment back on your reply. Please remember, that your replied comment will also be visible to everyone who can see the post.