Do you want to keep your Instagram account private? Instagram provides numerous features to be private. You may make your account private, block followers, and remove your phone number from Instagram, which is one of the finest solutions. Because anyone who has your phone number can quickly locate you on Instagram if you include it. This can get you thinking how to remove phone number from Instagram.
Instagram allows you to connect with friends and family. Instagram has a function that allows you to discover people by using their phone numbers or usernames. However, you may choose to remain private and do not want your contacts to be able to discover your Instagram account by using your phone number.
If someone has your phone number in their contact book, they may quickly find you on Instagram. Furthermore, if your phone number is in their contact list, Instagram will show your profile to them as suggested for you.’
You might be wondering how to unfollow someone on Instagram if they have your phone number. You can easily remove your phone number from Instagram in order to keep your account hidden from users who have your phone number in their address book. As a result, to assist you, we have created a simple tutorial that you can follow if you want to erase your phone number.
Remove Your Phone Number From Instagram
Are you certain you want to remove your phone number from the Instagram app?
When you unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, you will no longer be able to discover a friend from your contact list, nor will you be able to reset your password using the phone number. You can still retrieve your password by entering your email address or adding your phone number before resetting your account password.
It, if you are certain and want to unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, we have described how to do so using the browser version or the app version, so follow the steps below according to your device.
Reasons to remove your phone number from Instagram
If you have a public Instagram account and don’t want your family members to be able to discover it using your phone number, the easiest way is to unlink your phone number. Another reason to remove your phone number is to prevent random people from stalking your page, since you may have paid for anything using Google Pay or Paytm, and someone may use your phone number to search your Instagram profile.
Fixes on How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
Go through all the solutions mentioned below one by one to find the best solution for you.
Solution 1: Unlink Phone Number from Instagram Account on Instagram app
Before we get into the method for removing your phone number from your Instagram account, it’s important to understand that if you unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, you won’t be able to find contacts from your contact list on Instagram.
Furthermore, if you forget your password, you will be unable to restore it by using your phone number. As a result, before starting with the process, ensure that you have included an email address in case you forget your password. To unlink your phone number from your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your device and sign in to your account; if you have already done so, proceed to the next step.
- Tap the Profile symbol in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Below the bio area, click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and click on Personal Information Settings under Edit Profile.
- If you haven’t already, enter an email address under Personal Information Settings. After you’ve added an email address, you may delete it by tapping on the phone number.
- To save the changes, press the Next button.
- Finally, your phone number will be deactivated on Instagram.
That’s all, you’ve successfully eliminated your phone number from your Instagram profile. Your buddy will no longer be able to issue you a follow request, and you will no longer be able to discover friends through your contact list.
However, you won’t be able to unlink the phone number if you haven’t validated your email address. Verify your email address on your Instagram account before deleting your phone number.
Solution 2: Alternative to Disconnect Contacts from Instagram
You have the option to disable contact synchronization with Instagram. You may use this approach by following these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device. Log in to your account with your username and password, and then In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the Profile symbol.
- From the top, tap on the three horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon.
- Scroll down and press the Discover People button.
- When a pop-up appears, tap Not Now. Now, locate the ‘Connect Contacts‘ option and deactivate the ‘Connect‘ toggle.
When you stop synchronizing your contacts on Instagram, the previously synced contact information is removed from Instagram.
Solution 3: Unlink Phone Number from Instagram Account on Web Version
If you are a PC user and use Instagram via the web version, then follow the steps below to unlink your phone number. However, before you do so, make sure you have validated your email on your Instagram account. You may do it by following these steps:
- Launch a web browser and enter www.instagram.com in the search box. Log in to your account with your username and password. You may also use Facebook to connect.
- After logging in, click on the profile icon in the top-right area of the screen.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, pick the Profile section.
- From the top, select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and click on the phone number box, followed by removing your phone number from the text field.
- After you’ve removed the number, click the Submit button.
Instagram will delink your phone number from your account when you click the Submit button.
In this post, you will learn about the easiest way to stay private on Instagram. In this post, we discussed how to delete the phone number from Instagram using the site version and the app version, as we have already given other directions and steps. We have outlined a step-by-step approach for doing so.
We hope you understand all of the processes described above in the title; if you have any issues or questions about this post, please leave a comment in the area below.
Why Can’t I Remove My Phone Number From Instagram?
If you are unable to remove your phone number, you may try removing it from the online version. If you are unable to erase your phone number, there may be a problem with the phone app. As a result, launch Instagram on your desktop or laptop and navigate to the profile area by clicking on the profile button. Click on Edit Profile in your profile area to delete your phone number.
How Do I Remove My Phone Number From Instagram?
After establishing an email address, you may quickly erase your phone number from Instagram. You will not be able to erase your phone number until you attach your email address. As a result, go to Instagram > Profile > Edit Profile > Personal Information Settings > enter the email address. You may quickly delete your phone number after entering an email address by deleting the text box.