We will tell you How to make a public profile on Snapchat, Snapchatters who like to use the Snapchat app and upload pictures regularly in a huge count. Now they can make their account public in a couple of minutes. You can find many useful perks of a public profile on Snapchat. Do you know how to create a public profile on Snapchat? Let us tell you in this blog.
Get excited to use public profile features and reach more users on Snapchat. Follow this guide to convert your profile to the public. Let’s begin and check out the procedure of making a public Snapchat profile.
What is a Public Profile in Snapchat?
A public profile on Snapchat helps increase the range of your account. You can add a photo, description, bio, location, lenses, and stories to your profile. Also, you can have other Snapchat users subscribe to your profile. You will see a subscriber count on your profile apart from the friends you have in your Snapchat account.
The public profile gives users access to unique profile features to show their creativity. Also, public profile users find many new fans for your content, as per the Snapchat support.
Earlier, public profiles were limited to select verified creators. Yet, the company has opened the feature to everyone. Still, Snapchat has a “Creator Account” for established creators. It has eligibility criteria as well. You should have 100 subscribers at least, a week-old account, and a friend.
How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat – Everything You Need
These are the basic requirements that almost every user on Snapchat fulfills. If you plan to make a public profile on Snapchat, make sure you fulfill these requirements. Otherwise, you will be unable to create one for yourself.
Following are the requirements to fulfill before you create a Snapchat public profile.
- The basic and important condition for making a public profile is that you need to be 18 years and older.
- Must be using Snapchat for more than 24 hours.
- You need to have at least 1 bi-directional friend. That means you and your friend have sent a friend request to each other and accepted it. It is required to have at least one friend on Snapchat to create a public profile.
- You should adhere to the company’s Community Guidelines.
Why Should You Make A Snapchat Public Profile – Features And Highlights
The public profile of Snapchat has a set of features that attract users to make a public profile. Also, it was not there in the early stages of Snapchat. It is an add-on offering that came after a while.
The majority of people use it for influential activities and marketing campaigns. It has become an excellent tool for businesses and influencers. Let’s learn more about their features and why is it getting too much in the market?
With Snapchat public profile, you get the following features:
- You can add Bio, location, description, Lenses, and Stories to your profile
- Other Snapchat users will be able to subscribe to your profile
- You can check your Snapchat Subscriber Count
Things to remember: When you switch to a public profile. Your Story privacy settings and contacts do not change. If you want to change them, you should visit the Settings and further Story Settings.
How To Make A Public Profile On Snapchat?
Now that you know the eligibility criteria for creating a Snapchat public profile. You are all set to create one.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to make a public profile on Snapchat.
- Open the Snapchat app and click on the Bitmoji icon at the top-left corner of your screen.
- When the profile opens, click the horizontal three dots menu right after Add to Spotlight. You will find it under the Spotlight & Snap Map section.
- One pop-up will appear on the screen. Tap Create Public Profile and then Continue on the onboarding screen.
- Next, click on Get Started and tap Create from the confirmation banner. The banner tells that your name will appear on all your Snaps you post to Spotlight or Snap Map. Your Lenses will also be shown on your Snapchat public profile.
- You are all set with the Snapchat public profile. Now, you can access your public profile under the Public Profiles section.
- Open the My Public Profile section that shows you the Stories and Spotlight tabs.
If you have any queries or face problems while creating a public profile on Snapchat. You can check the Snapchat Support Page. All your queries will be answered there.
Conclusion – Create Public Profile On Snapchat
Switching from a Snapchat private account to a public profile has its own set of advantages. It helps improve your reach and engagement. So, whenever you get into the problem of deciding what to do, you will always have this guide.
Make sure to stay up to date regarding the Snapchat public profile and public pictures features. There will always be consistent updates and changes to social media platforms like Snapchat.
FAQs – Snapchat Public Profiles Option Change Snaps
How To Make A Public Profile Picture On Snapchat?
Following are the steps to follow to make a public profile picture on Snapchat. Open a Snapchat account, click on your Bitmoji or Story icon at the top left of your screen to go to My Profile. Scroll till the ‘Public Profile’ section. Click on Create Public Profile. Follow the instructions given on the screen to create your Public Profile.
Does Snapchat Still Support Bitmoji?
Yes! Snapchat still supports Bitmoji. It is considered that Bitmoji represents your profile on Snapchat. Yet, some Snapchat users said that their Bitmojis were seen nowhere on the app. But, one thing is clear, Snapchat has not deleted the Bitmojis. The company has not made any official announcement yet.
Is Snapchat Offering Free Course For AR Lenses?
Snapchat Lens Studio is free for all users. It is available on both Windows and Mac. You will get easy-to-use guides. Moreover, there are tools for students, creatives, and developers. These tools can be helpful to them, bringing their imagination to reality.