Customizing your mobile phone’s wallpaper is an exquisite way of making your smartphone’s home screen a worthwhile investment in your lifestyle. An appealing dynamic home screen wallpaper backdrop may improve your handset’s usability by making it more cheerful, lively, and interesting to use.
Live wallpaper, which moves like an animation when you tap and hold, enhances the Android or iPhone mobile experience. Some smartphones provide stock live wallpapers, but it kind of takes a few minutes to create your own live wallpaper from just about any clip. Consider how inspirational it would be to see your favorite pet, each time you opened your phone.
Today we unravel How to Make a Live Wallpaper on iPhone or Android, wherever your loyalties belong.
How to Make a Live Wallpaper On iPhone Or Android
Specifically speaking, we’ll help you how to get the job done without having to download any live wallpaper applications on your iPhone. Additionally, we’ll also go through how to do it on Android via third-party apps, which is the only method to do it on Android phones.
How to Set a Live wallpaper on an iPhone
To set live wallpapers on an iPhone, apart from the mainstream method, we also go through other ways such as:
- The Easier Method to Apply Live Wallpaper on iOS Device
- The ‘Download and Set Live Wallpaper on Apple using Third-party Apps’ method
1. Easiest Method to Apply Live Wallpaper on iOS Device
You can build a live wallpaper on an iPhone without needing to download an app if you possess an iPhone 6S or newer model. This is because the iPhone 6S and subsequent variants (apart from the first iPhone SE) support Live Photos as well as 3D and Haptic Touch.
Live Photos are brief video clips that allow you to modify and frame your shot to perfection. They may, however, be used as live wallpaper. Here lie the instructions on how to accomplish that:
- Select Wallpaper from the Settings menu.
- Click on Choose a New Wallpaper option. Scroll down to Live Photos and hit it.
- Pick a photo. Make sure Live Photo is turned ON.
- Select Set. Choose either Set Lock Screen or Set Both. Because the wallpaper won’t shift on the Home screen, setting it isn’t necessary.
2. Download and Set Live Wallpaper on Apple using Third-party Apps
In order to do this, you can search the Apple iTunes Store for the live wallpaper creation apps that can not only provide you with a vast majority of live wallpapers to select from but also the custom videos of your own choice. Voila!
How to Create a Live wallpaper on an Android Device
Android doesn’t have a built-in live wallpaper creation feature like iOS, however, a third-party live wallpaper app can provide programmable macros. There are several applications available for this on Google Play.
Many apps will even do the work for you, creating and setting fresh and organic live wallpapers whenever you wish.
The following highlights will help you navigate into creating a live wallpaper for your Android device, with subtlety:
- The Simple Method
- To Set any Video as Live Wallpaper
- Third-party Apps, GIFs, and TikTok Videos as a source of Live Wallpaper Creation
1. Simpler Method First!
This method requires you to have ‘Video Live Wallpaper’ installed on your Android device from the Google Play store. Here’s how to use the Video Live Wallpaper to make your own live wallpaper from a clip on your phone, the easy way:
- Launch the app and select Gallery. Choose the video you’d like to use as a live wallpaper.
- Select the live wallpaper settings that you prefer. There’s a Play Audio option, which is definitely not the greatest option if you would like to preserve battery or be covert. The video may be looped to play continuously. Choose Play Video Screen to keep your live wallpaper active even while another application is running.
- Select your desired settings and then hit Set Live Wallpaper.
2. Setting Absolutely any Video as your Live Video Wallpaper
Live wallpapers may be created natively on newer Android versions. Select the video in the Gallery app and choose Set as Live Wallpaper. You’ll need to cut the video if it’s too long.
- To provide the app authority to access your media files, open the Video Live Wallpaper app, click Choose Video, then touch Allow.
- Choose a clip from your phone to use as your live wallpaper.
- Drag the roller along the clip’s timeline to change the start and end times. To get a preview of the clip, press Play.
- To view what the live wallpaper will appear like, tap the Image icon in the top corner.
- Choose the Settings tool icon in the top quadrant of the preview screen to adjust the video’s appearance. You may then alter the Scale Fit option and enable or mute the audio.
- Choose Set wallpaper and then the Home screen or Home screen and lock screen option, depending on your preferences.
3. From Live Wallpaper Apps, TikTok Videos, GIFs, and even Your Own Videos to Choose From
There’s a multiverse of sources from where you can download your favorite videos and then set them as your live animated wallpaper on your home screen. This method is sort of a versatile way of making your live wallpaper as it allows you to choose your own choice of video is it TikTok, Facebook, Instagram or even GIFs. To do this you need to:
- Download the video from the source downloader (you can get these apps easily on the Google Play store for example Facebook Video Downloader)
- Next, you open the Live Video Wallpaper App and repeat the same procedure as mentioned above and you have your favorite TikTok video set as live wallpaper, pronto!
Long story short, to create a live wallpaper of your liking on an Android phone or an iPhone the built-in way of iPhone through Camera Roll Settings is your biblical way.
On the other hand, for an Android, unfortunately, you would need third-party apps to create a live wallpaper, available on Google Play, however, a great variety of videos and GIFs and whatnot fantasies can be inducted into your home screen on an Android.
How Do I Make My Own Live Wallpaper?
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select a wallpaper.
3. Choose a New Wallpaper from the drop-down menu.
4. To select a live photo, go to the top of the screen and touch Live, then select a live photo.
5. You may also go down and hit your Live Photos album, then choose a live shot to use as your background.
6. Tap Set and choose Set Lock Screen or Set Both for your new wallpaper, as desired.
How Do I Make The Android Lock Screen Live?
Here’s how to use the Video Live Wallpaper to make your Android lock screen live, the easy way:
– Launch the app and select Gallery. Choose the video you’d like to use as a live wallpaper.
– Select the live wallpaper settings that you prefer. There’s a Play Audio option, which is definitely not the greatest option if you would like to preserve battery or be covert. The video may be looped to play continuously. Choose Play Video Screen to keep your live wallpaper active even while another application is running.
– Select your desired settings and then hit Set Live Wallpaper as lock screen only.
How Do You Get A Live Wallpaper On Samsung?
Without the use of any third-party apps, you may set clips as live wallpapers on Samsung. Follow these steps to do so:
– In the Gallery app, open the clip you wish to use as a background
– Next, set videos as live wallpapers.
– In the lower right corner, tap the three-dot menu button.
– Set as your wallpaper
– In the menu, choose the ‘Set as wallpaper’ option.
– Set video live wallpaper for your lock screen.
– There are two options here: ‘Lock screen’ and ‘Call background.’ To make the video a lock screen wallpaper, select the ‘Lock screen’ option.
How To Make A Live Wallpaper On An Android?
For this, you’ll have to install the ‘Video to Wallpaper’ app from Playstore. From there on, proceed as follows:
1. Launch the app.
2. In the bottom-right corner of the screen, tap the plus (+) sign.
3. Select your preferred video by tapping Choose, then press Ok.
4. Then choose Apply and then Ok.
5. From the selection, select Video to Wallpaper and then Set Wallpaper.
6. Select whether you want the live wallpaper to appear only on your home screen or on both your home screen and lock screen.