Epic Games created Fortnite on Android, an online video game. It’s a free-to-play Battle Royale game featuring a variety of game modes to suit all types of gamers. It has three different game mode variations. All share the same basic Fortnite gameplay and game engine.
Epic has stated that Fortnite on Android will only be available through its website and Samsung’s Galaxy Store. A simple “No results” notification will appear when you search for the game on the Play Store. Here’s a step-by-step manual to help you get ready and understand how to get started playing Fortnite on Android.
Why Is Fortnite On Android Not Available?
Fortnite On Android has been available for quite some time. The iOS hardware version has also been updated. Epic Games, the developer and also the publisher of Fortnite has implemented a direct payment method within the iOS and Android apps.
This is a major infraction of Apple and Google’s regulations, which require app creators to give up a considerable portion of any revenue generated by apps or games downloaded through their respective app stores.
Fortnite has been taken from Apple’s iOS App Store and Google’s Play Store. You can still download and install Fortnite from the Epic Games app without using the Google Play Store, fresh installs for iPhones and iPads are impossible.
For thousands of dollars, some people have resold iPhones with Fortnite pre-installed. If you already have the game installed on your iPhone or iPad, you can download the Fortnite iOS app.
How to Install Fortnite On Android And iOS?
- How To Install Fortnite On Android Device?
- How To Install Fortnite On Android (Samsung Devices)
- How To Install Fortnite For iOS?
1. How To Install Fortnite On Android Device?
No other phone manufacturers have inked a deal with Epic Games. Fortnite on android will not be available in your app store unless you have a Samsung phone. There is, however, a simple way to install Fortnite on your Android device:
- Use the Android device to scan the QR code shown on the computer screen or load this webpage into the browser of the Android device.
- On the Epic Games App, press the Get It key.
- To install the EpicGamesApp.apk file, select OK.
- At the bottom of the page, click Open.
- If you used Chrome to download the file, you’d get a message asking you to select Settings. Then, next to Allow From This Source, hit Toggle.
- By enabling this feature, Chrome will now be able to install (i.e., sideload) anonymous apps that aren’t available on the Play Store. In this situation, you’re going to install the Epic Games app.
- To continue, click the top-left corner’s Back arrow.
- To proceed, click Install on the pop-up window. Not Fortnite, but the Epic Games app is installed.
- After Epic’s app has been fully installed, click Open. You can also launch the Epic Games app from your app drawer or home screen.
- Navigate to Fortnite in the Epic Games app and hit the yellow Install icon on the store screen. After that, the base game will be downloaded to your smartphone.
- Epic Games will receive a message stating that it does not have permission to install apps. Choose Settings.
- To continue, touch the Back Arrow after tapping the Toggle button next to Allow From This Source.
- A prompt will appear, requesting permission to install the game. After installation, tap Install, then Done or Open.
- Choose what Fortnite can access after entering the base game, and click Continue.
- Accept that Fortnite was created for a previous Android version if prompted by tapping OK.
- Accept the terms by creating an account or logging in to an existing one.
- To finish downloading the remaining portion of the game (8GB), click the yellow Install button.
- You can begin playing your game once your download is complete.
2. How To Install Fortnite On Android (Samsung Devices)
Setting up an eligible Galaxy smartphone is simple, although it involves a few steps and a lot of installation.
- Search for “Epic Games” in the Galaxy Store app.
- Skip to the next section if your Galaxy smartphone doesn’t support the Epic Games launcher right now.
- Epic’s app can be downloaded and installed.
- To load the game’s page, open Epic’s app and search for Fortnite.
- Give Epic’s app permission to access your storage on the Fortnite listing. There’s nothing illegal here; the game requires access to download it.
- To download and install the first Fortnite file, tap the huge yellow Install icon.
- Allow Fortnite to finish installing the remaining files by opening the game via the app’s icon.
- Make a new account or sign in with an existing one. Choose the one that best suits your needs, and then begin playing.
3. How To Install Fortnite For iOS?
The first approach will only work if you have previously installed Fortnite on your device.
- In the top right corner of the iOS app store, hit the account symbol.
- Select the Purchased tab.
- Select My Purchases from the drop-down menu. Under your account, you should see a long list of all of your app purchases.
- On your My Purchases page, look for Fortnite. Please tap the cloud icon next to it when you discover it.
- The Fortnite iOS app should then be available for download on your iPhone or iPad.
How to Solve Issues While Installing Fortnite On Android
Sideloading is a rather simple procedure. This changes between Android versions, with Google starting with Android 8.0 having a considerably more secure approach (Oreo). In Oreo, you must activate Unknown Sources for each app you intend to download and install APKs.
- You’ll get the APK file for the app you wish to install. If you’re using a browser, you’ll usually see an option to “Open” the file after it has been downloaded. Under other circumstances, you can open it from the file manager’s “Downloads” folder.
- Before installing the APK, a pop-up notification will inform you that you must first enable the app to “install unknown programs.” To get there, tap “Settings.”
- Toggle the “Allow From This Source” switch on. This is required for every app that you use to install APKs.
- To finish installing the APK, touch “Install” on the following pop-up.
- The app can be located in your app drawer among all of your other apps.
How to Get to Android’s Sideloading Options
- To access the Settings menu, pull on the notification shade and tap the gear icon.
- Tap Apps & Notifications, then select Advanced from the dropdown menu.
- Select ” Install Unknown Apps ” from the Special App Access menu, and select “Install Unknown Apps” at the bottom.
- Select the application from which you want to allow sideloading, then toggle the option.
What Are The System Requirements To Play Fortnite?
In terms of device support, Fortnite on Android is a huge platform. There isn’t a definitive list of phones and tablets that can run Fortnite without issues. The following are the minimum requirements:
- Android 8.0 or newer is required.
- 4GB or more RAM
- Adreno 530 or later / Mali-G71 MP20 / Mali-G72 MP12 or later GPU
- Supported Devices: Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note S20, Samsung Galaxy A90 5G, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
- Huawei, Sony Xperia 5, Xiaomi Mi9
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro
- ASUS ROG Phone 2
I hope you can complete the procedures and download Fortnite for Android. After you’ve completed all of the procedures, you should be able to launch Fortnite, log into your account, and begin playing. Epic has recommended users maintain the Fortnite Installer application because it will be in charge of patching the game.
Is Fortnite Android Coming Back?
Despite the ongoing legal battles, Fortnite has been declared to return to iOS and Android devices. However, not in the way, you may anticipate. The game will be playable on Android devices through the GeForce Now app, and on iOS devices, through GeForce Now via the Safari browser.
How Do I Enable Fortnite On Android?
Go to fortnite.com using your phone’s browser. A ‘Download’ tab can be found on the right-hand side. Select ‘Get it on the Epic Games app’ from the ‘Download’ menu. Your browser will prompt you to confirm that you wish to download the Epic Games APK.
Can You Get Fortnite On Android Playstore?
The Android game may be downloaded on the Google Play Store, but fans can also get it directly from Epic. You can either go to Fortnite on the phone or use a computer to scan the QR code that appears on the page.
How Do I Download Fortnite On My Device?
You can get Fortnite on Android through the Epic Games App on the Samsung Galaxy Store or from epicgames.com. Google Play has disabled your ability to update or install Fortnite. Players who already have Fortnite on android installed on their smartphone via Google Play can continue to play version 13.40.