Are you looking to master the art of creating Nintex workflows in Sharepoint 2013? Look no further. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the entire process, from installation to workflow configuration, and empower you to enhance your Sharepoint skills.
To create a Nintex workflow in SharePoint 2013, you need to install Nintex WF on on-premises and deploy the necessary solutions in the correct order. After the installation, you need to set up the database for Nintex workflows and activate the workflows for the desired web applications. Additionally, you can configure features like LazyApproval to enable email-based task approvals.
Once the configurations are complete, you can create workflows by logging in with an admin account and using the Nintex designer within the SharePoint site. You can drag and drop activities like flexi tasks and configure them with assignees, outcomes, and form settings. Nintex Forms can be used to customize the workflow task form.
Nintex makes workflow creation simpler by providing a user-friendly interface and a variety of activities that don’t require coding. It also allows integration with external systems like SAP and provides flexible options for managing and tracking workflows.
Installation and Configuration of Nintex Workflow
Before you can start creating Nintex workflows in SharePoint 2013, it is essential to install and configure Nintex WF on your on-premises environment. Follow these steps carefully to ensure a smooth setup and deployment process.
- Download the Nintex Workflow installation package from the official website and save it to your local machine.
- Log in to the SharePoint server with administrative privileges.
- Extract the installation package and run the setup wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Nintex WF on the SharePoint server.
- Once the installation is complete, navigate to the SharePoint Central Administration site.
- Go to “System Settings” and click on “Manage Farm Solutions.”
- Deploy the necessary Nintex WF solution files in the correct order to ensure proper functionality.
- After deploying the solutions, go to the SharePoint site where you want to activate Nintex workflows.
- Click on “Site Actions” and select “Site Settings.”
- Under “Site Administration,” click on “Site Collection Features.”
- Activate the Nintex Workflow feature for the desired web applications.
Once the installation and activation process is complete, you can start configuring Nintex Workflow to suit your specific requirements.
To configure Nintex Workflow, follow these steps:
- Access the Nintex Workflow Management page from the SharePoint site where you activated Nintex workflows.
- Click on “Global Settings” to configure global options such as task notifications and LazyApproval.
- Configure the specific Nintex Workflow settings for each site or list where you want to use workflows.
- Customize the workflow forms using Nintex Forms to enhance user experience and capture relevant data.
Nintex Workflow provides a wide range of activities that can be utilized in the workflow design process. These activities allow you to automate business processes, assign tasks, send notifications, and integrate with external systems like SAP.
|Nintex Workflow offers an intuitive interface with drag-and-drop functionality, making it easy for users to design workflows without any coding knowledge.
|Flexible Workflow Design
|You can create complex workflows using a combination of activities like flexi tasks, approval loops, parallel actions, and more.
|Nintex Workflow seamlessly integrates with SharePoint and external systems, enabling efficient data exchange and collaboration.
|Robust Tracking and Reporting
|You can monitor workflow progress, track bottlenecks, and generate reports to gain insights into process efficiency and make improvements.
By following the installation and configuration steps outlined above, you can set up Nintex Workflow in SharePoint 2013 and start creating customized workflows to streamline your business processes.
Creating Workflows Using Nintex Designer
Now that you have completed the installation and configuration, it’s time to unleash the full potential of Nintex Workflow. With the Nintex designer at your disposal, you can easily create powerful workflows by simply dragging and dropping activities onto the canvas. Let’s dive in and explore the various options at your fingertips.
Nintex Workflow provides a user-friendly interface that simplifies the process of workflow creation. Using the Nintex designer within the SharePoint site, you can log in with an admin account and begin building your workflows. The intuitive drag and drop functionality allows you to easily add activities, such as flexi tasks, to your workflow.
Once you’ve added an activity, you can configure it by assigning assignees, defining outcomes, and setting up form settings. This level of customization ensures that your workflows are tailored to your specific business needs. If you want to further personalize the workflow task form, Nintex Forms allows you to easily customize it to match your branding and requirements.
One of the key advantages of Nintex Workflow is the wide range of activities available. Whether you need to send emails, create approval processes, or integrate with external systems like SAP, Nintex has got you covered. These activities eliminate the need for complex coding, making workflow creation accessible to users of all technical backgrounds.
With Nintex Workflow, managing and tracking workflows becomes a breeze. You can easily monitor the progress of each workflow, view task assignments, and track completion times. This visibility allows you to stay on top of your workflows and ensure efficient workflow management.
Now that you have a better understanding of how to create workflows using Nintex designer, you can start leveraging the power of automation to streamline your business processes. With its user-friendly interface, flexible customization options, and extensive range of activities, Nintex Workflow in SharePoint 2013 empowers you to create efficient and effective workflows without the need for extensive coding knowledge. So go ahead, unleash the full potential of Nintex Workflow and take your business processes to the next level.