Are you looking to create a survey in SharePoint? Follow our step-by-step guide to learn how and improve team collaboration in your organization.
To create a survey in SharePoint, it is important to ensure that the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature is activated in the site settings. Once activated, you can easily add the Survey app to your site by searching for it and clicking “Create.”
Next, customize your survey by adding questions. Access the settings for the survey and select “Add a question” to include the necessary queries. To enhance your survey, consider utilizing question branching and adjusting advanced settings to provide a customized experience for your respondents.
Once your survey is ready, it’s time to share it with users and collect their valuable responses. SharePoint provides built-in analytics and export options, allowing you to view and analyze the survey responses effectively.
When designing your survey, remember to keep it short and focused. Use clear language, provide instructions and context, and don’t forget to thank your respondents for their time. Additionally, you can customize the look and feel of the survey using the settings within the survey app in SharePoint.
By following these steps and implementing best practices, you can create a survey in SharePoint that enhances team collaboration and communication within your organization.
Activating the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ Feature
Before starting to create a survey in Sharepoint, it’s important to activate the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature in the site settings. This feature enables the necessary functionalities for seamless survey creation and collaboration within your organization.
To activate the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the site settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner of your Sharepoint site.
- Under the Site Actions section, select “Manage site features.”
- In the list of features, find “Team Collaboration Lists” and click on the “Activate” button next to it.
- Wait for Sharepoint to activate the feature, and you’re ready to proceed with creating your survey!
Now that you have activated the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature, you can fully utilize Sharepoint’s survey creation capabilities. This feature ensures that all necessary tools and options are available to enhance team collaboration and communication through surveys.
By activating this feature, you are unlocking the power of Sharepoint to create surveys that drive engagement and capture valuable feedback from your team members. It is an essential step in streamlining your organization’s workflow and improving overall communication and collaboration.
|1. Go to site settings.
|– Activating the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature in Sharepoint is crucial for creating surveys.
|2. Select “Manage site features.”
|– This feature empowers organizations to enhance team collaboration and communication.
|3. Find and activate “Team Collaboration Lists.”
|– Activating this feature unlocks the necessary tools and options for survey creation.
|4. Wait for activation to complete.
|– Sharepoint’s surveys enable streamlined workflow and improved communication.
Adding and Designing Your Survey
Once the ‘Team Collaboration Lists’ feature is activated, you can add and design your survey by following these steps:
- Step 1: Add the Survey app to your site by searching for it and clicking “Create.” This will enable you to start building your survey.
- Step 2: Add questions to your survey by accessing the settings for the survey and selecting “Add a question.” You can choose from various question types, such as multiple choice, open-ended, or rating scale, to gather the specific information you need.
- Step 3: Enhance your survey by adding question branching. This feature allows you to create a more personalized survey experience by directing respondents to different questions or sections based on their previous answers. It can help you gather more relevant and detailed data.
- Step 4: Adjust advanced settings to customize your survey further. You can modify the layout, appearance, and behavior of the survey to align with your organization’s branding and requirements. This includes options like custom headers, footers, and validation rules.
- Step 5: Share the survey with users to start collecting their responses. You can send the survey link via email, post it on your intranet site, or embed it in other communication channels to reach a wider audience. Make sure to provide clear instructions and set a deadline for response submission.
- Step 6: View and analyze the survey responses using SharePoint’s built-in analytics and export options. You can access real-time data and generate reports to gain insights into participants’ feedback and opinions. This will help you make informed decisions and improve collaboration within your organization.
When designing your survey, remember to keep it short and focused. Long surveys can lead to respondent fatigue and lower response rates. Use clear language and avoid jargon or technical terms that might confuse participants. Provide instructions and context where necessary to ensure participants understand the purpose of each question. Lastly, remember to express gratitude to respondents for taking the time to complete the survey.
By utilizing the features and settings available in SharePoint’s Survey app, you can create customized surveys that gather valuable insights and drive effective collaboration within your organization.
Customizing the Look and Feel of Your Survey
In addition to adding and designing your survey questions, you can also customize the look and feel of your survey using the settings within the Survey app in SharePoint. This allows you to align the survey’s appearance with your organization’s branding and visual identity.
Within the Survey app settings, you can modify various elements such as the survey title, description, and introduction. You can also choose from different theme options or apply custom CSS to further customize the survey’s visual presentation. By making these adjustments, you can create a cohesive and professional survey experience for your participants.
|If you are unfamiliar with CSS, you can seek assistance from your organization’s design or IT team to ensure a consistent and visually appealing survey design.
Sharing, Collecting, and Analyzing Survey Responses
After creating your survey, it’s time to share it, collect responses, and analyze the data using Sharepoint’s powerful features. Sharepoint provides various options to share your survey with users and gather their valuable feedback.
To start sharing your survey, navigate to the survey settings and select the “Share” option. From here, you can choose to share the survey with specific individuals or groups within your organization. You can also generate a unique link that can be shared via email or any other communication channel.
Once your survey is shared, it’s important to collect responses efficiently. Sharepoint allows respondents to easily access the survey and submit their answers directly through the platform. As responses start pouring in, you can monitor the progress and analyze the data in real-time.
Sharepoint’s built-in analytics provide valuable insights into the survey responses. You can view response rates, analyze trends, and generate reports to gain a deeper understanding of the data. Additionally, Sharepoint offers export options that allow you to export the survey responses in various formats, such as Excel or CSV, for further analysis or integration with other tools.
To ensure the effectiveness of your survey, it’s important to follow best practices. Keep your survey concise and focused to encourage higher response rates. Use clear and simple language to avoid confusion and accurately collect the desired information. Providing instructions and context within the survey can help respondents understand the purpose and significance of their answers. Finally, don’t forget to thank respondents for their time and participation.