Are you looking to optimize your workspace and improve your productivity on Windows 11? Changing the display number can help you achieve that. In this section, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to change the display number in Windows 11. This tutorial will help you optimize your workspace and streamline your tasks.
To change the display number in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Win + I.
- Click on “System” and then click on “Display”.
- Select the display that you want to change the number for.
- Click on “Multiple displays” to expand the options.
- Check the box that says “Make this my main display” to set it as the primary display.
In addition, there are options specific to certain graphics cards:
- NVIDIA Control Panel: Open the NVIDIA Control Panel, click on “Set up multiple displays,” right-click on the display number you want to make the main display, select “Make primary,” and apply the changes.
- Intel Graphics Control Panel: Open the Intel Graphics Control Panel, click on “Display,” then “Multiple Displays,” select the display you want as the primary display from the drop-down menu, and click “Apply.”
- AMD Radeon Settings: Open AMD Radeon Settings, click on “Display,” select the display number you want as the main display, and toggle on the “Preferred Display” button.
Once your desired changes are made, you can close the respective control panel and enjoy your new display arrangement.
Can Changing to Classic View in Windows 11 Also Change the Display Number?
Additional Options for Specific Graphics Cards
If you have an NVIDIA, Intel, or AMD graphics card, there are specific options available within their control panels to change the display number and set the primary display. These options can provide you with even more control over your display settings and allow you to personalize your workspace.
NVIDIA Control Panel
To access the NVIDIA Control Panel, right-click on your desktop and select “NVIDIA Control Panel” from the context menu. Once the control panel opens, navigate to the “Set up multiple displays” section. From there, right-click on the display number you want to make the main display and select “Make primary.” Click “Apply” to save the changes.
Intel Graphics Control Panel
If you have an Intel graphics card, you can access the Intel Graphics Control Panel by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting “Graphics Properties” or “Graphics Options.” In the control panel, click on “Display” and then “Multiple Displays.” Choose the display you want as the primary display from the drop-down menu and click “Apply” to apply the changes.
AMD Radeon Settings
For AMD graphics card users, you can access the AMD Radeon Settings by right-clicking on your desktop and selecting “AMD Radeon Settings” from the menu. Once the settings window opens, click on the “Display” tab. From there, select the display number you want as the main display and toggle on the “Preferred Display” button. Don’t forget to click “Apply” to save your changes.
Once you have made the desired changes in the respective control panels, you can close them, and your new display arrangement will take effect. Whether you want to optimize your workspace or personalize your display setup, these additional options for specific graphics cards can help you achieve the desired results in Windows 11.