SharePoint Designer 2013 allows you to easily modify the name of an approval workflow to better suit your needs. Whether you want to provide a more descriptive name or simply update it to align with your organization’s naming conventions, this article will guide you through the step-by-step process.
To begin, open SharePoint Designer 2013 and connect to your SharePoint site. Once connected, navigate to the “Workflows” section to access your approval workflows. Here, you will be able to select the specific approval workflow that you wish to rename.
With the selected workflow, locate the workflow settings and find the “Name” field. In this field, you can enter the new name for your approval workflow. Make sure to choose a name that accurately reflects the purpose of the workflow and makes it easily identifiable.
After entering the new name, don’t forget to save your changes. This ensures that the updated name is applied to the approval workflow in SharePoint Designer 2013. Remember that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on your particular SharePoint environment and version, so consulting your SharePoint administrator or documentation for specific instructions is always recommended.
By following these steps, you can effortlessly change the approval workflow name in SharePoint Designer 2013. This allows you to maintain a more organized and coherent workflow structure, ultimately enhancing your SharePoint experience.
Follow these steps to update the name of an approval workflow in SharePoint Designer 2013:
1. Open SharePoint Designer 2013 and connect to your SharePoint site. This can be done by selecting the “File” tab, clicking on “Open Site”, and entering the URL of your SharePoint site.
2. Once you have connected to your SharePoint site, navigate to the “Workflows” section. This can be found in the left-hand navigation pane of SharePoint Designer 2013.
3. In the “Workflows” section, locate and select the approval workflow that you want to rename. This will open the workflow settings in the main window.
4. Within the workflow settings, find the “Name” field. This is where you can update the name of your approval workflow. Simply type in the new name for the workflow.
5. Finally, save your changes by clicking on the “Save” button located in the top-left corner of SharePoint Designer 2013. Your approval workflow will now have the updated name.
Note: The steps outlined above are based on SharePoint Designer 2013 and may vary slightly depending on your specific SharePoint environment and version. If you encounter any issues or have further questions, it is recommended to consult your SharePoint administrator or refer to the official documentation for more detailed instructions.