Feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the features in Microsoft Teams, and wondering how to make a call? You’re not alone! Our guide will demystify the process, ensuring you can connect with colleagues effortlessly.
From dialing numbers directly to making calls straight from chat conversations, we’ve got your back. Curious about more? Let’s dive in!
- Microsoft Teams offers multiple ways to make calls, including using the dial pad, Calls tab, Command Bar, Chat tab, or anywhere within the platform.
- Troubleshooting steps are available if you experience issues with visibility of call options or finding other users in Microsoft Teams.
- Additional features include calling phone numbers directly from Teams and making mobile calls for free. Users can also explore videos and training guides for more in-depth knowledge about utilizing the calling features in Microsoft Teams.
How to Make a Call in Microsoft Teams
To make a call in Microsoft Teams, you can use the dial pad to enter a name or number, place a call from the Calls tab, Command Bar, Chat tab, or anywhere within Teams.
Using the dial pad
The Dialpad feature in Microsoft Teams offers a comprehensive and user-friendly interface for making and receiving calls. Here’s how to use it:
- Launch Microsoft Teams application on your device.
- Locate the Calls icon on the left side of your screen and click it to open.
- Here you’ll find the Dialpad tab; click on it.
- Use your mouse or keyboard to enter the telephone number you wish to call directly into the dial pad.
- If you have a phone number copied, simply paste it into the dial pad field.
- After entering the correct number, hit “Make Call” to start the conversation.
- For multiple participants, use the multiparty calling option in Teams Dialpad.
- To initiate a Webex call, go to Webex Call in the side menu and start typing a name, telephone number, or video address.
Placing a call from the Calls tab
- Open Microsoft Teams and click on the “Calls” tab located on the left-side navigation bar.
- On clicking the “Calls” tab, you will see a dial pad where you can manually enter phone numbers.
- For direct calls to your colleagues or team members, select their name from your “Speed Dial” or “Contacts” list under the same tab.
- To find someone who isn’t in your contact list, use the search bar at the top of the window.
- After picking or keying in your desired contact, click on either the video button to initiate a video call or simply click on the phone icon for an audio call.
- As an additional feature within this tab, users can adjust their call settings such as forwarding options via ‘Settings’.
- It’s also possible to place external calls using Microsoft Teams from this very ‘Calls’ tab.
Placing a call from the Command Bar
Initiating a call is easy with the Command Bar in Microsoft Teams. Here are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to the top of the screen and locate the command box.
- When you find it, type “/call” in it.
- After typing “/call,” add the name or number of the individual you wish to reach.
- This method allows you to place a call directly from anywhere on Teams without navigating through various tabs.
- If you’re already engaged in a chat with someone and want to switch to a call, this feature is particularly useful.
- Besides placing calls, there are other commands available starting with “/”, which can simplify your tasks on Teams.
- Take note that you can also answer calls using your keyboard by pressing Alt+R should there be incoming calls during the process.
Placing a call from the Chat tab
To make a call from the Chat tab in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Go to your chat list and click on the “New chat” button.
- Type the name or names of the person you want to call into the “To” field at the top of the new chat.
- Once you’ve entered the recipient’s name, Teams will suggest matching contacts based on your input.
- Select the correct person from the suggestions or continue typing their full name.
- Once you’ve selected or entered the recipient’s name, click on the phone icon next to their name.
- This will initiate a call with that person. converting your chat into a call with just one click.
Placing a call from anywhere in Teams
To make a call in Microsoft Teams, you have the option to place a call from anywhere within the platform. Here’s how:
- Hover over the profile photo of the person you want to call and select “Audio call” from their contact card.
- Click on the “Calls” tab and type in the name or number you want to dial. Then, click “Call” to initiate the call.
- Use the Command Bar at the top of Teams by typing “/call” followed by the name or number you want to dial.
- Start a new chat from the Chat tab and click on “New chat.” From there, you can enter a contact’s name or number and select “Audio call” to begin the call.
- Another way is by using the dial pad within Teams. Simply go to the Calls tab, enter a name or number on the dial pad, and click “Call.”
Troubleshooting and FAQs
If the Teams call options are not visible, try restarting the app or checking your internet connection.
What if the Teams call options are not visible?
If you can’t see the Teams call options, it may be because your Teams app needs to be updated. Make sure you have installed the latest updates for Teams to ensure that all features are available.
If updating doesn’t solve the issue, you can try troubleshooting steps provided by Microsoft Teams to resolve errors and fix any problems with visibility of call options. Remember, it’s important to keep your Teams app up-to-date in order to access all the necessary calling features and options.
What to do if you can’t find other users?
If you’re having trouble finding other users in Microsoft Teams, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. One option is to check if the user’s profile settings allow them to be found by others.
Additionally, make sure that your search filters are correctly set up and try using different search terms or spellings. If all else fails, it’s recommended to reach out to your IT admin for further assistance in resolving the issue.
Additional Features and Options
In addition to making calls within Teams, there are several additional features and options available. These include calling a phone number directly from Teams, making mobile calls for free, and exploring more videos and training guides to enhance your calling experience.
Calling a phone number from Teams
To make a phone call from Teams, you can easily dial a phone number using the dial pad. Here’s how:
- Open Microsoft Teams and navigate to the Calls tab.
- Click on the dial pad icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the phone number you want to call using either your keyboard or by clicking on the numbers on the dial pad.
- Once you’ve entered the number, click on the green phone icon to initiate the call.
Making mobile calls in Microsoft Teams (free)
Users can make mobile calls for free in Microsoft Teams. Here are the steps to do it:
- Install Microsoft Teams on your mobile device.
- Open the app and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Tap on the Calls tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the “New call” button (phone icon) at the top right corner of the screen.
- In the search bar, type the name or phone number of the person you want to call.
- Select their contact from the list that appears.
- Choose whether you want to make an audio call or a video call by tapping on the corresponding icon.
- Wait for the person to answer your call.
Exploring more videos and training guides
For users who want to dive deeper into the features and capabilities of Microsoft Teams when it comes to making calls, there are plenty of resources available. Microsoft offers a range of videos and training guides that can help you become an expert in call management, voicemail, and more.
These learning resources provide step-by-step instructions on how to effectively use Microsoft Teams for calls and video conferences, ensuring that you can make the most of this powerful communication tool.
Whether you’re new to Teams or looking to enhance your skills, exploring these videos and training guides will give you valuable insights into maximizing your collaboration efforts with colleagues near and far.
In conclusion, Microsoft Teams offers several convenient ways to make calls, whether it’s through the dial pad, Calls tab, Command Bar, Chat tab, or anywhere within the platform. Troubleshooting and FAQs are also addressed to ensure a seamless calling experience.
Additionally, Teams provides extra features like calling phone numbers and making mobile calls for added flexibility. With its user-friendly interface and extensive calling options, Microsoft Teams is an excellent choice for all your communication needs.