Have you ever wished you could block access to specific websites on your Android phone or tablet, especially when handing over your device to your kids or while trying to increase your productivity?
Welcome to your comprehensive guide on how to block websites on Google Chrome Mobile, which is the mobile version of the most used web browser globally. Here, you will learn about multiple techniques to restrict access to websites, ranging from built-in browser settings to third-party apps. Let’s make your browsing safer and more controlled.
Using Built-in Settings of Google Chrome
Google Chrome Mobile doesn’t have a built-in feature to block websites. However, you can control what content you see:
- Open Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Go to the website you want to block.
- Tap on the lock icon next to the URL.
- Choose “Site settings” and adjust the permissions according to your preference.
Though this method doesn’t exactly block a website, it can limit the website’s functionality and can serve as a workaround to manage the websites you frequent.
Employing Parental Control Apps
Parental control apps provide an efficient way to block websites on your Android phone:
- Download a reputable parental control app from the Google Play Store.
- Set up the app according to your needs and specify the websites you want to block.
Parental control apps such as “BlockSite,” a dedicated app like “SafeSearch,” or other similar apps allow you to block adult content, specific websites, and even manage the websites your kids can visit on your Android device.
Installing a Dedicated Website Blocking App
You can use a dedicated app to block websites on your Android phone:
- Download an app like “BlockSite” or “BlockSite – Block Distracting Apps & Sites” from Google Play.
- Open the app and tap on the “+” icon to add a website.
- Enter the URL of the website you want to block and confirm.
When using BlockSite, you can also enable “Adult Block,” which automatically blocks adult sites and deceptive sites to ensure safe browsing.
Leveraging Chrome Extensions
Chrome Mobile doesn’t support extensions, but if you use a desktop version, you can leverage an extension called BlockSite:
- Install the “BlockSite” extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on the BlockSite icon on the top-right corner of your browser.
- Enter the URL of the website you want to block and add it to the list.
Remember, any settings you change will sync across devices if you sign in to Chrome with a Google account. However, this method works only on desktop versions of Google Chrome.
Utilizing a VPN App
A VPN app can also block websites, and it provides additional features like online privacy:
- Download a reputable VPN app that includes a website blocking feature from Google Play.
- Set up the VPN app and specify the websites you want to block.
Please note that not all VPN apps have website blocking capabilities, so make sure to choose one that does.
Making use of SafeSearch Feature
You can use Google’s SafeSearch feature to block inappropriate content:
- Open Chrome on your Android device and go to google.com.
- Scroll down to Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Search Settings.”
- Enable the SafeSearch filter.
SafeSearch helps you block adult content in Google’s search results. Although it isn’t 100% accurate, it provides a level of protection against unwanted websites.
Whether you’re a concerned parent or an individual looking to enhance productivity by minimizing distractions, now you have six ways to block websites on Google Chrome Mobile.
How Can I Block Websites On Chrome Mobile?
To block websites on Chrome Mobile, you can follow these steps:
– Open Chrome on your Android device and go to google.com.
– Scroll down to Settings at the bottom of the page.
– Click on “Search Settings.”
– Enable the SafeSearch filter.
Can I Block Websites On My Android Phone Using Chrome Mobile?
Yes, you can block websites on your Android phone using Chrome Mobile.