Adding a calendar to SharePoint is a straightforward process that can be done in either the modern or classic view. Whether you are using SharePoint Online or the traditional SharePoint, there are options available to suit your needs.
In the modern view, you can easily add a calendar by utilizing the “Events” web part. This user-friendly feature allows you to showcase your events in a visually appealing manner. Simply select the events list you want to display, and you’re all set.
If you prefer the classic view, you can add a calendar app and customize it to fit your requirements. This includes adding users, changing the display format, and more. Additionally, you have the option of creating a custom list using the calendar template. This provides you with greater flexibility and customization options for your calendar needs.
Once you have added the calendar to SharePoint, you can easily manage your events. You can add, edit, and delete events, set reminders, and customize calendar views. To further enhance your SharePoint experience, you can even embed a calendar view on a SharePoint Online page using the Embed web part with an iFrame that points to the calendar view URL.
So, whether you are using SharePoint Online or the classic version, adding a calendar to SharePoint is a seamless process. Take advantage of the variety of options available and start organizing your events in a visually appealing and efficient way.
Adding a Calendar in the Modern View
The modern view in SharePoint offers a convenient method for adding a calendar by utilizing the “Events” web part. This user-friendly approach allows you to showcase your events in a visually appealing manner on your SharePoint page.
To add a calendar in the modern view, follow these simple steps:
- Open your SharePoint site and navigate to the page where you want to add the calendar.
- Edit the page by clicking on the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “+” icon to add a new web part.
- Search for the “Events” web part and click on it to add it to your page.
- Select the events list you want to display on the calendar from the drop-down menu.
- Customize the web part by adjusting the settings, such as the number of events to display, the view format, and the date range.
- Save the changes to your page and exit the edit mode.
Benefits of Adding a Calendar in the Modern View
The “Events” web part in the modern view of SharePoint offers several benefits for adding a calendar:
- Visual Appeal: The modern view provides a visually appealing way to display your events in a calendar format, making it easy for users to navigate and understand.
- User-Friendly: The user-friendly interface allows you to add and manage events efficiently without the need for technical expertise.
- Customization Options: You can customize the calendar by adjusting the settings to suit your specific needs, such as changing the display format, date range, and number of events to show.
|The modern view provides a visually appealing way to display events in a calendar format.
|The user-friendly interface allows for easy event management without technical expertise.
|You can customize the calendar by adjusting settings like display format, date range, and number of events.
Adding a calendar in the modern view of SharePoint using the “Events” web part is a simple and effective way to showcase your events. With its visual appeal and user-friendly interface, you can customize the calendar to suit your needs and provide a seamless experience for your site visitors. Whether you are planning a team meeting, organizing project deadlines, or promoting upcoming events, the calendar feature in SharePoint Online has got you covered.
Adding a Calendar in the Classic View and Customization Options
If you prefer the classic view in SharePoint, you can add a calendar app and take advantage of various customization options to meet your specific requirements. The calendar app allows you to manage and organize your events, deadlines, and appointments effectively.
With the calendar app, you can add, edit, and manage events effortlessly. You can set reminders for important dates and ensure you never miss a deadline or meeting again. The calendar app also gives you the flexibility to customize the display format of your calendar, allowing you to choose between day, week, month, or year views.
If the default calendar options do not fully meet your needs, SharePoint offers a solution – creating a custom list using the calendar template. This option provides you with more flexibility and customization options. You can personalize the fields, add additional columns, and tailor the calendar to fit your unique requirements.
By adding users to your calendar app, you can collaborate and share schedules with your team or organization, enhancing productivity and ensuring everyone stays on the same page. Whether it’s a project deadline or a team meeting, the calendar app in SharePoint’s classic view offers the tools you need to streamline your scheduling process and keep everyone informed.