Are you finding it challenging to schedule a call in Microsoft Teams? You’re not alone, as it’s an essential feature used daily for planning meetings and collaborations. This article will offer a comprehensive tutorial on scheduling calls within the platform with ease.
With step-by-step instructions, expert tips, and helpful insights, you’ll be mastering your meeting setup in no time—let’s dive right in!
- Scheduling a call in Microsoft Teams is easy using the desktop or web app. Simply open Teams, go to Calendar Meetings, click on Add new event, pick a time slot, give your meeting a title, choose the date and time, type in the names of people you want to join, and save.
- If you’re using the mobile app, open it and go to Calendar, touch + New Meeting at the top right corner. Give your meeting a name, set up start and end times, add any notes if necessary, invite others by typing their names under Invite people, and tap Done.
- You can also schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook by selecting New Items in the toolbar menu and choosing Meeting. Click on Teams Meeting to make it an online meeting, fill in details like date and time for the meeting as well as email addresses of attendees under To field. Finally send out invites.
How to Schedule a Meeting in Microsoft Teams
To schedule a meeting in Microsoft Teams, you can use either the desktop or web app, or the mobile app for convenience.
Using the desktop or web app
Setting up a meeting in Microsoft Teams is easy using the desktop or web app. Here are the steps:
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Look at the left side and touch “Calendar Meetings”.
- Click on “Add new event”. You can find this on your channel calendar.
- Use your cursor to pick a block of time.
- Give your meeting a cool title.
- Choose the date and timing of your meeting.
- Type names of people you want to join your meeting.
- Last, hit save to finish up.
Using the mobile app
To use the mobile app for scheduling meetings in Microsoft Teams, follow these steps:
- Firstly, open your mobile’s Microsoft Teams app.
- Find and touch “Calendar” at the bottom of the screen.
- At the top right corner, click on “+ New Meeting”.
- Give a name to your meeting.
- Set up the start and end times.
- Put in a short note if you want people to see more details about the meeting.
- You can invite others by typing their names under “Invite people”.
- When all is set, tap “Done” at the top – right corner.
Inviting external participants
You can add people outside your team to a Teams meeting. Add their email address in the “Add required attendees” field. Microsoft Teams will send them an invite. This invite has a link for the meeting and a number to call if they want to join by phone.
A person dialed into a Teams meeting is an external participant. But, guests need to have a work or school account with Microsoft 365 before you can add them as guests in your team’s meetings.
How to Schedule a Microsoft Teams Meeting in Outlook
To schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and select “New Items” in the toolbar.
- Choose “Meeting” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Teams Meeting” to make it an online meeting.
- Fill in the necessary details such as the meeting date and time.
- Add attendees by typing their email addresses in the “To” field.
- Include any additional information or notes in the body of the meeting invitation.
- Click on “Send” to share the meeting details with attendees.
Additional Features and Tips for Scheduling Meetings in Microsoft Teams
In addition to scheduling meetings, Microsoft Teams offers a range of additional features and tips to enhance your meeting experience. From adding a dial-in number for participants who prefer to join via phone, to inviting people outside your organization and assigning categories to meetings for easy organization, this section provides valuable insights into maximizing the functionality of Microsoft Teams.
Read on to discover how you can make the most out of scheduling meetings in Microsoft Teams!
Adding a dial-in number
To make it easy for participants to join a Teams meeting, you can add a dial-in number. This allows people to join the meeting by phone if they don’t have access to the Teams app or prefer to call in.
When you schedule a meeting in Outlook, you can include the dial-in number and conference ID automatically. If you want to add a call-in option after scheduling the meeting, simply go to the meeting details in your Teams calendar.
You also have the option to set up a default phone number for callers to join all of your Microsoft Teams meetings. With this feature, participants can easily participate in meetings even without internet access or using their computer or smartphone.
Assigning categories to meetings
In Microsoft Teams, you can assign categories to your meetings. This feature allows you to easily identify and organize your appointments in a color-coded manner. By assigning categories, you can quickly connect your meetings to related items like messages or contacts.
This helps with better calendar organization and sorting of events based on their category. Whether it’s tagging calendar entries or grouping similar events, assigning categories in Microsoft Teams makes scheduling and managing meetings more efficient and organized.
Inviting people outside your organization
Microsoft Teams offers the ability to invite people from outside your organization to join meetings. This can be useful when you need to collaborate with external users or stakeholders.
With guest access and external access features, you can grant these individuals access to the Teams platform. Guest access allows teams within your organization to work together with external users by giving them permission to use Teams.
External access, on the other hand, enables you to call, chat, find, and add users from outside your organization in Microsoft Teams. It’s important to remember that specific permissions may need to be granted for adding external users as guests in a team.
Adding a co-organizer
Microsoft Teams now allows you to add a co-organizer to your meetings. This new role helps in sharing the workload and managing complex meetings more effectively. To add a co-organizer, simply select the meeting from the Calendar Meetings button and click on Meeting options.
In the scheduling options page, choose a co-organizer by selecting their name from the drop-down menu labeled “Choose co-organizers”. With this feature, collaboration and workload sharing during meeting planning becomes much easier for teams using Microsoft Teams.
Joining a Scheduled Meeting in Microsoft Teams
To join a scheduled meeting in Microsoft Teams, you can easily access it through your calendar, a channel, or a chat conversation.
To join a scheduled meeting in Microsoft Teams, you can do it through the calendar. Here’s how:
- Open Microsoft Teams and go to the calendar tab.
- Look for the scheduled meeting that you want to join.
- Click on the meeting to open its details.
- Look for the “Join” button and click on it.
- You will be redirected to the meeting where you can participate in virtual presentations and discussions.
To join a scheduled meeting in Microsoft Teams, you can do so through channels. Channels in Microsoft Teams can be either standard or private. Here’s how you can join a scheduled meeting via channel:
- Look for the desired meeting in the channel’s conversation tab.
- Click on the meeting to open it.
- Choose the “Join” option to enter the meeting.
- Once you’re in the meeting, you can collaborate with others using chat, video, and audio.
Via chat conversation
Joining a scheduled meeting in Microsoft Teams can also be done through a chat conversation. Here’s how:
- Open the chat list in Microsoft Teams.
- Click on the “New chat” button.
- Enter the name or names of the participants you want to invite to the meeting.
- In the chat window, click on the “Meet now” button or select “Schedule a meeting” if you want to set it up for a later time.
- Fill in the details of the meeting, such as the date, time, and duration.
- Click on the “Send” button.
In conclusion, scheduling a call in Microsoft Teams is simple and convenient. Whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app, you can easily schedule meetings within your team or with external participants.
With additional features like adding dial-in numbers and assigning categories to meetings, Microsoft Teams provides everything you need for effective communication and collaboration.
So start scheduling your calls in Teams and experience seamless virtual meetings today!