Tired of Microsoft Teams on your Mac? You’re not alone, many users find it challenging to fully remove this app from their systems. This article provides a step-by-step guide detailing how you can completely delete Microsoft Teams from your Mac – no more frustrating leftovers! Keep reading and discover how simple decluttering your digital workspace really is.
- Microsoft Teams can be uninstalled from a Mac using either the manual method or a third-party app uninstaller.
- The manual method involves quitting Teams, moving the application to the Trash, and emptying the Trash folder.
- A third – party app uninstaller like BuhoCleaner can ensure a more thorough removal of Microsoft Teams and its associated files from a Mac.
- After uninstallation, users should check for any remaining files or folders related to Microsoft Teams and prevent it from automatically starting up on their Mac.
Reasons to Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
Microsoft Teams is a popular collaboration tool, but there are several reasons why you might want to uninstall it from your Mac.
Overview of Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a powerful app. It lets you chat, meet, call and work together with people all in one place. You can use it on your Mac computer. Sometimes though, it may not be needed or wanted anymore.
That’s when you might think about getting rid of it from your device. To do this, there are easy steps to follow which will take just a few minutes!
Why you might want to uninstall it
You might feel the need to uninstall Microsoft Teams from your Mac for many reasons. If you don’t use it often, it’s just taking up space on your device. Clearing out unused apps can free up disk space, making your Mac run smoother and faster.
Not only does this clean up storage, but it also helps prevent system lags. Sometimes apps like Teams can slow down a machine even when not in use. Terminate or eliminate such apps when they are not in regular use.
Understanding Why Microsoft Teams Keep Reinstalling
Microsoft Teams can reinstall itself on your Mac. This often happens because of its place in the startup program list. You turn on your computer, and Teams starts up too. To fix this, you need to stop Teams from starting when you start your computer.
Another reason is that some files linked to Microsoft Teams stay on your Mac even after deleting the app. These leftover files make the app come back again and again. To get rid of these files, you must remove them from specific folders.
Be very careful though! Only delete the files that are related to Microsoft Teams!
Sometimes Microsoft Teams gets stuck with an old work account too. You think you’ve removed it, but it keeps coming back with all data from your old account! For this issue, use a tool called Keychain Access and delete login details linked to the old account.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac
To uninstall Microsoft Teams on Mac, you can either manually remove it by dragging the application to the Trash or use a third-party app uninstaller for a more thorough removal process.
Manual uninstallation method
To manually uninstall Microsoft Teams on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Quit Teams by right – clicking the Teams app in the dock and hold down Option while clicking Force Quit.
- Open Finder and select Applications on the sidebar.
- Right – click Microsoft Teams and choose Move to Trash.
- Empty the Trash folder to permanently delete Microsoft Teams from your Mac.
Using a third-party app uninstaller
To completely remove Microsoft Teams from your Mac, you can use a third-party app uninstaller. Here’s how:
- BuhoCleaner is a reliable third-party app uninstaller designed specifically for Mac.
- Open BuhoCleaner and locate the list of installed applications on your Mac.
- Look for Microsoft Teams in the list and select it.
- Click on the “Uninstall” or “Remove” button to initiate the uninstallation process.
- BuhoCleaner will automatically remove Microsoft Teams from your Mac, along with all its associated files.
Confirming Uninstallation and Preventing Automatic Startup
Check that Teams is completely removed from your Mac by searching for any remaining files or folders related to the application. Additionally, prevent automatic startup of Teams by accessing your system preferences and disabling it from launching upon startup.
Checking that Teams is fully removed
To make sure Microsoft Teams is completely removed from your Mac, follow these steps:
- Quit the app by right – clicking on it in the dock and then holding down Option while clicking Force Quit.
- Download and launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
- Select Teams in the list of installed apps.
- Click the Uninstall button to confirm removal.
- Delete the Microsoft Teams registry keys to disable auto – start and prevent the app from automatically starting up.
- Check the top – right corner of the app to see if Microsoft Teams is running in optimized mode, fallback mode, or natively in the virtual desktop environment.
- If you want to remove the Work or School account option when signing into a Microsoft Account, delete the local cache and restart Microsoft Teams.
Turning off automatic startup
To prevent Microsoft Teams from automatically starting up on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Open the Teams application.
- Click on the avatar (your profile picture) in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- In the left sidebar, choose “General.”
- Look for the option labeled “Auto – start” and uncheck it.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click on “Users & Groups.”
- Select your name from the list on the left side of the window.
- Go to the “Login items” tab.
- Locate Microsoft Teams in the list of startup programs and remove it.
- Launch Task Manager by pressing Command+Space and typing “Activity Monitor.” Press Enter to open it.
- In Task Manager, click on the “Startup” tab.
- Find “Microsoft Teams” in the list of startup programs and select it.
- Click on the “Disable” button.
In conclusion, uninstalling Microsoft Teams from your Mac is a simple process that can be done using the built-in features of your computer or with the help of third-party uninstaller apps.
By following these steps, you can free up space on your Mac and remove any potential conflicts. Make sure to properly uninstall Teams to ensure all associated files and settings are removed.
Say goodbye to Microsoft Teams on your Mac!