What is a Groovy Bot?
The name gives a good notion of what Groovy bot for Discord is all about. You may use this bot to play music and tunes from many platforms such as Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud. Also, share with friends your favorite music.
There is already a slew of music bots available on Discord. The Groovy bot is convenient to use because it is simple to set up and maintain.
The Groovy bot isn’t entirely new; it’s been around for quite some time. It has, nevertheless, undergone numerous adjustments and upgrades over time.
Premium features include nonstop music, audio effects, and the ability to save queues. Much more for those who want to pay for the premium services on Discord servers.
The benefit of this bot is that when you play music on any Discord server, there is no lag or delay, and you receive the best audio quality at the same time. Furthermore, you are not permitted to use difficult-to-understand commands with this bot.
The Groovy bot offers a lot of unique music-playing features and commands. However, you must first ensure that the Groovy bot is deployed on a speech channel before you can begin playing music.
- Use YouTube, Soundcloud, or Spotify to play your favorite music.
- The Groovy bot is completely free. There is a premium account available that includes additional features. It includes operating the bot 24 hours a day, remembering your queued songs, and running the Groovy bot on many servers at once.
- While a track is playing, you may add songs to queues, store them as playlists, and pause, continue or skip tracks at any moment.
- Show lyrics and determine whether users or roles have permission to utilize the Groovy bot to play music.
Methods To Fix Groovy Bot Discord Not Working
- Ensure Groovy Is Not Muted
- Check Output Settings In Discord
- Device-Specific Solutions
- Installing Groovy Bot on Discord Server
- Groovy Bot Commands
- Remove Songs From The Groovy’s Queue
- Remove Groovy’s from the voice channel
1. Ensure Groovy Is Not Muted
- First, Groovy should appear in your voice chat like one of the two examples below:
- Make sure the “Server Mute” option is turned off. If you can’t see this option, ask a Discord server moderator to unmute Groovy.
- You muted Groovy on your end if it looks like this.
- Make sure the mute checkmark is unticked.
- Groovy does not have the authority to speak on your channel if it looks like this.
- Request that a Discord server moderator unticks “Server Mute.” Update the voice channel’s permission overrides to allow Groovy to “Connect,” “Speak,” and “Use Voice Activity.”
- Finally, double-check that Groovy’s volume isn’t set to zero percent.
2. Check Output Settings In Discord
Switch to the Desktop client if you’re using a browser.
Make sure the device chosen in Settings -> Voice & Video -> Output Device matches the name of your speakers in the Desktop app.
3. Device-Specific Solutions
Using a PC or a Mac
- Discord’s audio client doesn’t always work as it should. To restart Discord in the Desktop app, click Ctrl+R (PC) or Cmd+R (Mac).
In the Web browser
- Check that the tab Discord is using has audio playback permission.
- The tab is muted if you see a mute icon beside the ‘close tab’ button (as seen above). Right-click the tab and select ‘Unmute site’ to unmute it.
4. Installing Groovy Bot on Discord Server
- Go to the Groovy bot’s official webpage.
- Click the ‘Add to Discord’ button on the main page.
- Sign in using your Discord account.
- Now you must grant all of the permissions that appear on your screen.
- Under the “ADD TO SERVER” area, select the Discord server to which you wish to add the bot from the drop-down list.
- After that, click Continue and then Authorize.
- Enter the captcha.
- Return to your Discord server dashboard, where the Groovy bot should now be visible.
5. Groovy Bot Commands
Groovy players support many commands.
- /Play: You can listen to any song by following the link or searching for it on Spotify or YouTube. To play music, press Enter.
- /Nightcore: Another nice feature is the ability to switch to nightcore mode for a more ambient effect and comparable music.
- /Queue: When it comes to Queue, use this command to see all of the tracks that are currently in your queue.
- /Pause: The command is used to pause any song that is currently playing.
- /Shuffle: Shuffle allows you to randomize the music in a queue.
- /Bass boost: You can use this command to increase the bass in the songs now playing. Reset returns the volume to its default setting.
6. Remove Songs From The Groovy’s Queue
You can remove, delete, or clear a single song, numerous songs, or the entire queue.
- With the /clear command, you can entirely erase or clear the entire queue of music.
- The /remove command, followed by the song name or number, can be used to remove a single song from the queue.
- You may also remove several songs from the queue using the -remove range command followed by the starting and ending song numbers in the queue.
7. Remove Groovy’s from the voice channel
You can remove the file from the Discord server using one of two techniques.
- Simply execute the -leave command on the voice channel to withdraw Groovy from the Discord server.
- The option to disconnect the Groovy bot can be found by right-clicking on the Groovy bot icon.
- Remove the Groovy bot from the channel so that it cannot be added again. You can block the Groovy bot by right-clicking on it and selecting the block option from the menu.
If you have an awesome Discord group, this bot would be fantastic for grooving to some excellent songs together. Follow the steps mentioned above if the Groovy bot doesn’t work correctly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is groovy’s bot not working?
It was probably kicked or barred from accessing the channel where you were typing commands. If you’re an administrator, you can quickly see if Groovy is still active on your server. Go to the Members page in Server Settings and search for “Groovy.”
How do I fix groovy’s bot on discord?
Groovy’s audio may disappear for a short time or sound choppy at times. The bulk of the time, Discord’s voice servers are to blame. Switching your voice server area to a different one and then back is the most straightforward approach to fix it.
How do I add music to a groovy’s queue?
The “play” command can queue the tracks by adding them one after the other. For example, if you type “-play Despacito” into the command prompt. Then type “-play timber,” and Despacito will begin playing on the voice channel. Timber will be the next song to be played from the queue.