Google Chrome is one of the common popular web browsers on the market today. It’s quick, efficient, and offers a lot of add-on support, among other things. Toolbars are essential in a web browser. They have a lot of features that make online browsing easier. There are chances that mistaken users disable the toolbar in browsers. The toolbar can be shrunk or even removed, thereby cutting us off from its features.
Here I will discuss the methods you can use to add toolbars on a computer’s web browser.
How To Get Google Toolbar Back In Chrome Window?
- Open the Google Chrome application.
- Ensure Chrome isn’t running in full-screen mode. Toolbars may vanish when in full-screen mode. Disabling may differ based on the sort of computer you have.
- Mac: Hover your mouse over the screen’s top. When the green circle appears in the top-left corner of the screen, click it.
- For Windows: F11 (or Fn+F11) is the shortcut key.
- Choose the icon with three vertical dots. It’s in the Google Chrome window’s top-right corner.
- More tools should be selected. It is about halfway down the Chrome menu. A pop-out menu will appear.
- Select Chrome Extensions from the Chrome menu. It will take you to the Chrome Extensions page.
- Chrome adds toolbars through Chrome extensions. You’ll be able to allow any non-working toolbars.
- Look for your toolbar. Scroll down to the Chrome toolbar that you want to utilize.
- You may require to reinstall the plugin if you can’t find the toolbar.
- Begin the toolbar. If you need to work the toolbar in incognito mode, select the “Enabled” box to the right of the toolbar. Then click the “Allow in incognito” box below the toolbar.
The bookmarks bar should be enabled. If enabling your toolbar didn’t solve your issue, you’ll probably want to enable the bookmarks bar. To do so, follow these steps:
- Select the three vertical dots from the Chrome menu icon.
- Choose Bookmarks.
- Show the bookmarks bar by clicking the Show bookmarks bar button.
Enable Chrome Missing Toolbar Via Other Options
There are a few added steps you can take to get the missing Chrome toolbars to appear. In the computer, viruses or malware can disable Toolbar Options. The browser must be restarted after being upgraded to the most recent version.
The Windows Explorer service will be restarted, as well as your machine. Restarting the computer appears to resolve most software issues and refreshes the current state.
Scanning your computer for viruses and spyware is a good idea. A virus or malware could cause the browser to malfunction.
Ensure You Have The Latest Google Chrome
- Click the Google Chrome menu button in the top-right corner of the Chrome window, which is three vertical dots. Select “About Google Chrome” from the “Help” menu.
- Restart your Chrome browser window after closing it. Another option is to use the Chrome address bar. To restart Chrome, type “Chrome:/restart” and press “Enter.”
End Task From Task Manager
- Access Task Manager, right-click on your taskbar, and select “Task Manager.”
- Alternatively, you can open the Task Manager by using the Ctrl+Alt + Delete keys.
- Select “Processes” from the drop-down menu. It will present a list of all the programs, processes, and services that are now operating. Right-click on “Windows Explorer” (explorer.exe) and select “End Task.”
- As a result, the Windows Explorer job will be terminated, and all open windows will be closed. Select “Run New Task” from the “File” menu. Click “OK” after typing “explorer.”
- Still, the “Google Chrome toolbar missing.” Reboot your computer. Most computer and software problems appear to be resolved, and the system is restarted. It removes the operating system’s existing state.
- Go to the “Start” menu, then “Power Options,” and finally “Restart” to restart the machine.
How To Display Toolbar On Computer’s Web Browser?
- Open the Internet Explorer browser.
- Check to see if you’re in full-screen mode. If you’re in full-screen mode, hit F11 (or Fn+F11) to get out of it.
- Open the Settings menu. In the top-right of the Explorer window, click the gear-shaped icon.
- Select Manage Add-ons from the menu. It’s in the drop-down menu towards the top.
- Select the Toolbars and Extensions option from the menu. It can be found on the left side of the window.
- Locate the toolbar you wish to enable.
- Select the toolbar from the drop-down menu. To select a toolbar, click the one you want to use.
- Enable should be selected. It’s in the window’s lower-right corner.
- Repeat the above steps to add toolbars.
- At the corner (bottom-right) of the window, click Close. The Add-ons window will be closed as a result of this action.
Activate the default toolbars. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Pick Toolbars from the View option in the top-left corner of the window.
- Take a look at the Menu bar option.
- Click on the other toolbars in the same way.
- Run a virus scan on your computer. If your toolbars continue to malfunction, your computer may be infected with a virus. If you scan your computer using antivirus software, you’ll be able to tell if this is the case.
- Mozilla Firefox should be open.
- Make sure you’re not in full-screen mode.
- At the corner (top-right) of the window, click three vertical lines.
- In the drop-down box, select Add-ons. It brings up the Add-Ons page.
- In the corner (upper-left) of the page, select the Extensions tab.
- Locate the toolbar extension you want to use. Scroll the extensions page until you discover the toolbar extension that you wish to enable.
- Enable should be selected. It’s directly next to the extension’s name.
- When prompted, select Restart Now. This link will appear above the toolbar that you’ve enabled. When Firefox has finished restarting, your toolbar should be restored.
Activate the default toolbars
If enabling your add-on toolbar didn’t fix the issue. Default toolbars will very certainly need to be enabled.
- Select Toolbars from the View menu bar.
- Toggle on a toolbar you want to use.
- Make your toolbar your own.
- Click Customize after clicking three vertical lines.
- In the menu bar at the bottom of the page, make sure “Toolbars” are chosen.
- Drag toolbar choices from the center of the page to the upper-right side of the window by clicking and dragging.
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- At the corner (top-right) of the window, click three dots.
- Select Extensions from the drop-down menu. Near the bottom of the drop-down menu.
- Choose your toolbar. You may scroll down to locate the toolbar you’re looking for.
- Toggle the white switch to the right of the toolbar’s name. It will make the toolbar’s service available. Also, the switch labeled “Show button next to the address bar” is located underneath it.
- Press the “Back” arrow in the top-left corner of the menu. Select a different service. You can repeat this step for other missing or hidden toolbars.
Clear Browsing Cache Of Browser
- Open Chrome on your machine.
- Press the three dots icon in the corner of the screen.
- Then select History from the drop-down menu.
- Click Clear browsing data on the left. A box will appear on the screen.
- Select how much history you wish to remove from the drop-down menu. Select All times to delete everything.
- Check the boxes next to the message you want Chrome to erase, such as “browsing history.”
- Clear the data by selecting the Clear button.
Reinstall Google Chrome
None of the previous remedies resolve the missing toolbar problem. You might consider reinstalling Google Chrome entirely. You should no longer have any problems after that.
- Save the installation file to your computer.
- Click Run or Save if requested.
- You selected Save, and open the downloaded file to initiate the installation process.
- Chrome will open in Windows 10. After everything is finished, a Chrome window appears. Chrome can be installed as your default browser.
- You may import your preferences from another browser, such as Internet Explorer or Safari, into Chrome.
Google Chrome is a fantastic web browser to use. There are occasions when you run into issues like the Chrome toolbar being gone. To resolve the issue, follow the actions outlined above.