Approximately 5 billion videos are viewed on YouTube every day, making it the world’s largest video-sharing platform. YouTube transcripts are used to make subtitles and solely contain the YouTube video’s audio text.
The textual representation of spoken content in a video file is called a video transcription. Human transcriptionists, voice recognition software, or a combination of the two are used to add subtitles to a video. YouTube transcription and caption make content accessible to deaf or hard-of-hearing people.
YouTube Transcript and captions make it simple for people who want to watch YouTube videos in an area where playing audio isn’t possible. Transcripts of YouTube videos can also aid viewers who don’t speak the language to understand the content better.
Why Create A YouTube Transcript Video?
Although video content is often easier to digest than written content, plain text can still be practical when used with video. Someone could desire to add a YouTube transcript video for various reasons.
Creating a Global Presence
YouTube has a global audience of over one billion people. However, many of the people who will see your film will not be able to understand it because it was made in a foreign language.
When you add a YouTube transcript to a YouTube video, you’ll be able to reach a far larger audience. This can help you grow your customer base and potentially open up new business options.
Assist Hearing Impaired People
Many people have trouble listening to audio because they are deaf or hard of hearing. Making a YouTube video transcript can allow hard-of-hearing folks to enjoy your content, broadening your audience. People who cannot listen to the audio for other reasons will benefit from a YouTube transcript.
Quality Content Can Be Found Easily
Making a YouTube transcript makes it easier for folks to find what they’re looking for. Searching for specific terms or phrases will lead them to where particular things were said, and timestamps will direct them to the video’s relevant content.
Easier To Keep Video As A Note
It can be tough to take notes from videos. It’s tough to write and listen simultaneously, and most people speak too quickly for you to keep up. However, because everything is written in a YouTube transcript, there is less need to take notes.
Advantages In SEO Of YouTube Video
For many organizations, having a website that ranks well in Google’s search engine results can contrast success and failure, and having a YouTube transcript on your site can help you rank well. When people search for the correct terms on Google, your YouTube transcript may appear in the search results, leading them to your website.
How To Get The YouTube Transcript Of YouTube Videos?
- Download The CC YouTube Transcript Of A YouTube Video
- Get The Transcript Of A YouTube Video Phones
- Get The Transcript Of A YouTube Video Computers
- Get The YouTube Transcript For All Videos
- Transcribe A YouTube Video With Google Docs
1. Download The CC YouTube Transcript Of A YouTube Video
Timestamps come in handy when returning to the video to examine the scene corresponding to a text file. You won’t have to watch the full video to discover the segment you want, and it’ll be easier to refer others to a specific point in the movie with transcripts.
If you want it to match the formatting of an existing document, right-click where you want the text to go in your document and select “Merge Formatting” from the paste menu.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to watch. It’s possible that you already have it saved in your library, especially if you’ve watched it before.
- Check your History to see what videos you’ve recently viewed, or use the search bar to find the terms that best describe them.
- Check if the “CC” button has been used to add captions or subtitles to the YouTube video.
- To see which subtitle languages are available, go to “Settings” and select “Subtitles/CC.” You might be shocked to find how many selections are available on a video and that some videos have a lot of subtitles to choose from.
- For further options, click the three dots next to “Save” on the menu below the video, then pick “Open Transcript.”
- On the right of the window, an interactive transcript will show next to the video.
- To change the language of your subtitles, use the menu bar at the bottom of the transcript.
- Toggle the timestamps in the transcript on or off by clicking the three dots at the top of the transcript.
- Highlight the transcript once you’ve chosen your preferred language and correct the timestamps.
- Begin from the top and drag down to the bottom of the transcript by placing your cursor before the first letter. Ctrl+C can also be used to copy everything.
- Copy it and paste it into a word document or a notepad app. PC users can paste the complete transcript into their document by pressing Ctrl+V.
2. Get The Transcript Of A YouTube Video Phone
Phones don’t have the same options as desktops when finding the transcript of a YouTube video. As a result, you won’t be able to switch it on and view it on the video’s side.
CC or captions can be turned on instead. Nonetheless, you can view the YouTube transcript and comprehend what the film is about without listening to it using this feature.
Depending on the video, you’ll be able to choose from various languages or solely English. Closed captioning is usually correct, with only a few exceptions.
- Open the YouTube app on the iPhone, iPad, or Android device and choose a video to view to get a transcript.
- Then, hit the down arrow on the right of the video title.
- A “Show Transcript” button will show next to the video description; tap it.
- The captions will be listed in a box alongside the timestamps. You can jump to a specific part of the video by tapping a caption.
- To switch between the various languages, tap the three-dot menu icon.
3. Get The Transcript Of A YouTube Video Computers
It’s not difficult to find the transcript option for a YouTube video. However, transcripts will not be available for all videos. You can only see one if it has closed captioning.
Many videos have automatic transcripts that aren’t always up to par. On the other hand, some video creators create their transcripts, which are usually more accurate.
The quality of the transcript is determined by the video’s audio clarity, accents, dialects, and other factors. If the video has closed captioning, here’s how to find the transcript:
- Open a new tab on the computer and go to YouTube. Make sure you’re logged in to your account.
- Play the video for which a transcript is required.
- Below the video, click the three horizontal dots.
- Select the “Open transcript” option in the menu.
- On the right side of the video, you’ll see the transcript.
- The transcript will most likely say “English.” Other language options may be available if you hit on that, including “English (Auto-generated).”
- For accuracy, it’s always better to select “English” rather than “Auto-generated.”
4. Get The YouTube Transcript File For All Videos
If you frequently watch videos with closed captions, there’s no need to turn them on for each one. When watching videos on a computer, you can instead enable the CC option for all of them.
- You can enable subtitles by clicking the CC emblem at the bottom of a YouTube video.
- When closed captions are activated, a red line appears beneath the icon.
- By clicking the gear button, you can also change the caption settings.
- If a video has subtitles, you can choose from various created captions and other formats.
You may enable closed captioning for all videos you watch on YouTube from your web browser. Always-on captioning can be enabled in your account settings, and it will remain active as long as you are logged in.
- To access the account menu, click your account symbol.
- Click Settings from the account menu.
- Check “Always show captions” under “Playback and performance.” To save your choices, click Save.
When watching videos on YouTube on your iPhone or Android, you can enable subtitles via the mobile app. It’s simple to enable YouTube transcripts on both devices. You can turn the setting on and off in only a few steps. Here’s how to do it:
- In the upper right, tap the three-dot menu.
- In the menu, tap the CC icon, often known as Captions.
- Choose the captioning style you want.
5. YouTube Transcribe Video With Google Docs Text File
If there is an available transcript, downloading video transcripts isn’t a problem. However, if there isn’t one, you’ll rely on Google Docs’ voice feature. This helpful program performs an excellent job of transcribing videos and editing.
Although the video may not be the highest quality, you can always return to it and do the required editing. The only fault of this program is that the transcribing time is equal to the length of the video. If you need to transcribe a 20-minute video, Google Docs will take the same length of time to do the task.
- Go and open Google Docs.
- From the menu, select the “Tools” tab.
- Choose “Voice typing” from the drop-down menu.
- A microphone icon will appear on the left side of the vacant space.
- Open YouTube and search for the video you need to transcribe.
- Return to Google Docs and click the icon once more.
- Start transcribing by watching the YouTube video.
- Now, you can do editing if needed.
Google Docs can also transcribe additional languages besides English.
- You’ll notice a microphone icon after you enable voice typing.
- In the box above the microphone, look for the language.
- To show all available languages, click the downward arrow.
- Select the language you require.
YouTube transcript is helpful for people who have trouble hearing or wish to listen to their favorite podcast on the metro. With a transcript turned on, you can read what the person in the video is saying without watching the video. All of the ways listed above will assist you in obtaining the YouTube Transcript for any YouTube video.
How Do I Find A Specific Video On YouTube?
If you recently changed your video, it may take a few days for new upload videos to appear in YouTube search results. If you haven’t seen your video in the search results after a few days, try searching for the precise video ID. To fine-tune your search, use search filters.
Can You Get Transcripts Of YouTube Videos?
Open YouTube and find the video you want to watch. Next to the Share button, click the “More actions” button (3 horizontal dots). Select “Open transcript” from the drop-down menu.
How Do YouTubers Transcribe?
Using an automatic transcription tool is one of the simplest and fastest ways to transcribe a YouTube video. These programs take videos and automatically transcribe the audio. They can also transcribe files that are solely audio, such as podcasts.
Does YouTube Automatically Create A Transcript?
Most videos on YouTube are automatically transcribed using Google’s speech recognition algorithms as soon as they get upload. Some YouTube video owners contribute their transcripts, which are of higher quality than those generated automatically.