Snapstreak is a big deal among Snapchat users. It shows they are Snapping at someone every day for this many days. This is why losing a Snapstreak feels like a loss. If you are wondering how to get Snapchat streak back after losing it, this article has all three methods you can use to recover it.
What Is a Snapchat Streak (Snapstreak)?
Snapstreak, a Snapchat feature, begins when two people send Snaps to each other for three consecutive days. Once it’s started, you must send at least one Snap every 24 hours to keep the streak going.
You can easily see the streak with someone by going to chats, and there will be a fire symbol next to the friend’s name with a number that shows the number of days you’re Snapping with each other. For example, 495 🔥 would mean that you’re Snapping for 495 days.
A Snapstreak works only when both users send a Snap every day. Moreover, Snaps are considered valid for streaks, but chats aren’t. You can chat, but for the streak to continue, you both must send at least one Snap to each other within the 24-hour window.
If you’re in a group where your Snapstreak friend is also added, sending a Snap to the group chats won’t count for the Snapstreak you have with your friend. You need to send a Snap individually to your friend to keep your Snapchat streak alive.
What is the Meaning of Snapstreak Emojis?
If you have an ongoing Snapchat streak with someone, the only two emojis you need to monitor are the flame emoji 🔥 and the hourglass emoji ⌛️.
A fire emoji next to your friend’s name in the chat means you’re on a streak with them. It accompanies the number of days you’re Snapping at each other.
However, a critical emoji you should look out for when on a Snapstreak is the hourglass icon because it denotes you have not sent any video Snap for today (or you have not received a Snap yet), and if you don’t in four hours, your Snapstreak will end.
If you see it beside your friend’s username, send a Snap immediately and text them to send one to you to maintain the streak. Use filters, lenses, and stickers to keep the Snaps fun and interesting.
Moreover, a smiley face next to your friends’ names indicates that they are your best friends, and you send them a lot of Snaps and texts. This is a friendship indicator, and it’s not related to Snapstreaks. But an interesting fact is that if you’re on a streak with a friend, you will also have the smiley face emoji with them.
Causes of Losing Your Snap Streak
- You or Your Friend Didn’t Send a Snap Within 24 Hours
- Connectivity Issues
- Mobile or Hardware Problems
- Snapchat App Bugs
1. You or Your Friend Didn’t Send a Snap Within 24 Hours
This is the obvious reason for losing a streak. You and your friend must send a Snap every 24 hours to keep the streak alive.
2. Connectivity Issues
If one of you couldn’t connect to the internet or had bad reception of their internet connection, the sent Snap might not be delivered, resulting in a lost streak.
3. Mobile or Hardware Problems
Unfortunately, your or your friend’s phone was damaged, and you couldn’t continue your streak.
4. Snapchat App Bugs
When both of you send a Snap within the 24-hour window, but the streak disappears, the Snapchat app may be at fault. This is the most frustrating cause of losing a Snapstreak.
How To Get Your Snapchat Streak Back?
- Conditions for Recovering Your Snapchat Streak Score
- Get Snapchat Streak Back from the Snapchat App Using iPhone and Android Devices
- Recover Your Lost Snapchat Streak from Snapchat Support Using Mobile or PC
1. Conditions for Recovering Your Snapchat Streak Score
If you or your friend forgot to send a Snap to keep the streak alive, nobody can help you, and Snapchat support can’t do anything, either. You can still appeal with the method in the next section, but getting it back is low. In this case, the only thing you can do is start over and make it a habit to send Snaps every day.
Snapchat restores your Snapstreak if it’s due to a genuine problem or an issue from the Snapchat app itself. Even with this, you can’t appeal to restoring your Snapstreak frequently, as it’s common knowledge that the company may restore your streak only once.
Furthermore, if you lost multiple Snapchat streaks, it’s better to pursue only one of the streaks to have higher chance of approval. You can choose your longest-running streak or your streak with someone close to you.
2. Get Snapchat Streak Back from the Snapchat App Using iPhone and Android Devices
You can try your luck by sending a request to Snapchat directly from the app. Navigate to the support section to appeal for Snapchat streak recovery. Follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and tap your Bitmoji at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap the settings cogwheel icon at the top right corner.
- Swipe to find the ‘Support’ section and select ‘I Need Help.’
- It’ll open a support page. Choose ‘Snapstreaks’.
- The next page will explain different things about Snapstreaks. Read them carefully as they may solve your problem. If they don’t, tap ‘let us know.
- From the list, select ‘I lost my Snapstreak’.
- A contact form will appear below the option. Fill it out with the correct information.
- When filling out the form, select ‘No’ for the question: ‘Did you see the ⌛️ icon?’ if you didn’t see it.
- Tap the ‘Send’ button when done.
- Wait for 24 hours to see if Snapchat restores your Snapstreak
Moreover, ask your friend to follow the same steps and report the Snapstreak issue.
3. Recover Your Lost Snapchat Streak from Snapchat Support Using Mobile or PC
For those who can’t access their Snapchat app, you don’t need to wait as you can report the issue by going to the Snapchat support page using your web browser. You can do it from your smartphone or computer.
- Open your web browser and go to the Snapchat support page.
- Select ‘I lost my Snapstreak’.
- Upon selecting the option, a contact form will appear below it. Fill it out.
- One of the questions in the form will be ‘Did you see the ⌛️ icon?’. If you didn’t see the hourglass, select ‘No.’
- Click the ‘Send’ button when you fill out the form.
- If the request is approved, you’ll see that your Snapstreak is back. If it isn’t back, then you should move on.
- To strengthen your case, ask your friend to perform the same process for reporting the issue.
How To Avoid Losing Your Snapchat Streak?
Whether you got your Snapchat streak back or had to start over, keep the tips below in mind to prevent losing your Snapstreak again.
- Send a Snap Every 24 Hours
- Chats, Audio Calls, and Video Calls Don’t Count
- The Meaning of 24 Hours
- Snaps That Don’t Count
- The Warning Icon (Hourglass Emoji)
- Set a Reminder on Your Phone
1. Send a Snap Every 24 Hours
Your Snapstreak keeps going if you and your friend send one another a Snap every 24 hours.
2. Chats, Audio Calls, and Video Calls Don’t Count
A common misconception among new Snapchat users is that their streak will remain active if they chat with each other through text, audio calls, or video calls.
To be a pro at keeping Snapstreaks, you should know that streaks are kept when you exchange Snaps daily. Other than Snaps, you can chat or call each other as much as you like, but it won’t be considered for keeping your Snapstreak alive.
3. The Meaning of 24 Hours
Many Snapchatters confuse the 24 hours time frame with midnight to midnight. The correct measure of the 24 hours is when your yesterday’s streak was completed.
So, if you sent your friend a Snap at 9:00 PM yesterday to fulfill the streak requirements of that day, your 24 hours for the next streak start from there, and you need to send and receive a Snap till 9:00 PM of the next day.
4. Snaps That Don’t Count
All Snaps don’t count in Snapstreak. If you send a Snap from memories or through Snapchat Spectacles, they won’t be counted towards your Snapstreak of that day. You both need to record a new Snap and send it to keep your streak. Moreover, Snaps sent to groups don’t count as well.
5. The Warning Icon (Hourglass Emoji)
If you forget to send a Snap or your friend didn’t reply with a Snap, you both will see an hourglass emoji ⌛️ on the chat when you have only four hours left before your Snapstreak expires. This reminds you to send each other a Snap, or you’ll lose the streak.
6. Set a Reminder on Your Phone
If you want to keep a Snapstreak with a friend and don’t want to lose it, set a reminder on your phone. Select a time when you’re mostly not busy.
Getting your Snapchat streak back is possible if you contact Snapchat support on time and clearly explain the situation. Moreover, remember the above tips to prevent losing your Snapstreak.