Is your android device slow, glitchy, or just performing poorly without visible reason? It is possible that your android device is ruining out of storage, and you have your phone space full.
It harms your device because sometimes your phone cannot open apps. You don’t need to get worried if you cannot buy a new phone. You can get some space by simple house cleaning. You can do this by following the given suggestions.
How to get more Storage on Android Phone
- Use Memory Card to Increase Internal Storage Space of Android
- Partition Memory Card
- Increase Internal Memory with Link2SD
- Delete Unwanted Apps and Clean All the History and Cache
- Use USB OTG Storage
- Turn to Cloud Storage
- Use Terminal Emulator App
- Use INT2EXT
- Use Mounts2SD App
Use Memory Card to Increase Internal Storage Space of Android
If you use an SD card for internal storage, it is formatted by Android so that another device cannot read it. It is also expected that an SD card should always be present and will not work quite right when you remove it. It is useful when your phone does not have much space, and you need more space for your apps and files.
It is generally more convenient to leave microSD cards formatted as portable storage. Despite of enough space in your phone, do you need more space for apps and data? You can get more space using a microSD card will allow you more internal storage. It can be slow if the card is slower than your device’s internal storage.
Partition Memory Card
A partition is a logical division of mass storage into isolated subdivisions. It helps reduce internal storage on the device. Are you using an android phone with low internal memory? You may need a partition of the SD memory card inside the device to extend the internal storage. Now we are going to explain how to partition SD cards for Android step by step:
Things you need to prepare
- Before you going to start, you should extract all data on the SD card in case of data loss. You must back up important data to an external storage device or computer.
- Now connect the SD card to your computer. You need a portable card reader to connect the SD card to the computer.
- Then you have to find a partition manager. There are many third-party apps available. You can use them to partition SD cards with a few simple clicks.
Steps to partition SD card Android
- First, right-click the SD card, and select Wipe Hard Drive.
- Now, decide how many times you want the SD card to be wiped. Press OK after setting up wipe timings.
- Now, you will be back to the main interface. Click Apply at the toolbar to launch the progress.
- When you wipe the SD card, it becomes an unallocated space. Now, you can repartition the SD card. And a new partition can be created for extending android internal storage. The partition on the SD card can also be deleted.
- First, right-click the partition on the SD card and select delete partition.
- Then quickly click OK.
- Now, click Apply on the toolbar and submit the operation.
- Now, the SD card has become an unallocated space again. So, it can now be partitioned according to your requirements.
Note: All the data will be removed when you select the Wipe Data option. Make sure you have backed up all data.
Increase Internal Memory with Link2SD
The Link2SD app is very powerful. You can get complete access to the system and user applications installed on the device. You can delete system applications, freeze them, convert them to .apk format, and much more. This app is far better than other free or paid apps that promise you to move system apps to an SD card.
This app can make an SD card the default installation directory. There you can save internal memory and sustain device performance. You can use this app to convert the partition SD card or SD card internal memory for an Android phone. So, overall this app is very useful, and all android users need this.
Delete Unwanted Apps and Clean All the History and Cache
It is annoying when you want to install some more apps on your android phone, but you can’t because of low storage. You should clear some precious gigs fast if you cannot do anything with your system files.
Do so by sweeping up stale downloads or rooting out offline maps and documents. Or by clearing caches and wiping unnecessary music and video files.
When you go to the app storage setting screen, tap on an individual app. You will observe that each app has cached data from a few kilobytes to hundreds of megs, or it can be even more.
This cache data is nothing but all junk files. You can delete them safely to free up storage space. Select the app you want. Afterward, go to the storage tab and the clear cache button to take out the trash.
Use USB OTG Storage
An “On-The-Go” cable allows your Android device to act as a host. And enable other USB devices to be physically attached to the operating system.
The aspect of connecting and using OTG is simple.
- First, you must prepare the USB flash device. Include all the information you want to access on your android handset.
- Now connect it to one end of the OTG cable, and the other should be connected to your device.
- At this point, Android will alert you that the storage is connected.
- For confirmation, go and check your notification area. Or you can open settings and then storage to see what is attached.
- Now, it will give you a sign of mounted storage. If not, you have to tap Mount to proceed.
- As it has been mounted. The extra storage can be accessed using the earlier file management app. And it enjoyed the media.
Turn to Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is a service model. It transmits and stores data on remote storage systems. You can maintain, manage, back up and make it available over a network.
Users who want to use cloud storage must pay for their data cloud storage. The payments are made at the monthly rate per consumption.
This storage is based on a virtualized storage infrastructure. It has accessible interfaces and instant elasticity. The cloud-based data is stored in logical pools across disparate commodity storage servers on-premises or a third-party provider’s data center.
How to store data in Cloud?
For this purpose, you should have a cloud account such as Google Drive or Dropbox for your android phone. You can save Android phone storage space by transferring data to Cloud Storage.
You can upload images, videos, and other files to Cloud and save free space on your Android device. You can choose a PC, tablet, or another external storage device if you do not have a cloud account. There you can save internal memory on the android phone.
There is one disadvantage of Cloud Storage. You must have an active internet connection to access the files uploaded to the cloud.
Use Terminal Emulator App
Android terminal Emulator is a mobile application that allows users to emulate the Linux operating system on Android devices. It enables you to use Linux command lines.
This application also allows you to modify parameters. Like font size and color, the keyboard type you want to use, or even the shell. It also helps you to add widgets with direct access to your desktop.
This application cannot be used to root a device nor to emulate any video game.
Everyone cannot use the Android terminal emulator application. It is better for users who can use Linux fluently. If you can’t, it may not be worth your time.
How to add internal storage?
You will need a memory card of class 4 or higher and a terminal emulator app installed on your phone.
- Download and install the terminal emulator app on your phone.
- Then launch the app.
- Type “
su” and press enter.
- Type “
a2sd xdata” and press Enter.
- A pop-up window will appear when you type this command and press enter. You will be asked whether they want to continue the process or not. Then they have to press “y” and press Enter.
- Now it will be asked to reboot the phone. Again, you have to type “y” to restart the phone.
- Now, you have increased your internal storage space on Ando successfully.
- To check it, go to menu > settings > storage.
- You can undo this process and bring it back to the previous condition. For this, type “su > a2sd noxdata > y” commands (each type ends by pressing Enter key).
People can also increase the internal storage space of Android by using INT2EXT. You will have to prepare INT2EXT4+ (for new ROMs) and INT2EXT+ (for older ROMs).
How to increase storage by using INT2EXT
Here are the steps mentioned below to add storage through INT2EXT:
- First, you will have to download the INT2EXT4+ zip file on the computer to a specific folder, but do not extract it.
- Power off the phone completely and enter CWM recovery mode. In this mode, use the volume keys for navigation and the power/home button to select.
- Select the partition sd card option in the advanced menu.
- Selected “text size,” which should be less than the memory card size. Then select “swap size as zero.”
- The Partitioning SD card process will start, wait for some time and let it complete.
- Select “++++go back++++ then” and enter mounts and storage menu window. Then select the mount USB storage option.
- Connect the phone to the PC, and copy the downloaded INT2EXT4+ zip file as it is without extracting it on the SD card.
- Now go back to the mounts and storage menu window, and select the mount/system option.
- Go back to the main menu, and choose to install zip from the sd card. You will have all the content present on the memory card. Now go to an INT2EXT4+ zip file and select it. The installation process will be started now.
- Restart the phone by rebooting the system now. Check the phone’s internal storage by going to menu > settings > storage.
Use Mounts2SD App
This is another effective method to increase android internal storage. Here are steps to add storage to your phone.
- First, you must download the Mount2SD app on your phone.
- Now, launch the app and grant superuser permissions.
- Hit configure the busy box.
- Wait until the process is completed. A green tick mark will appear as the process completes.
- Select the install script option to select the following window.
- Hit configure, and select all these options: applications, data, Dalvik cache, and cache.
- Scroll down to click disable safe mode option.
- Then exit the app, and restart your phone.
If you are using an Android phone that does not have enough space for your data, you do not need to worry. Many possible solutions are available through which you increase your data storage. And make your current android device useful for you.
The given solutions might not work to get enough space for your android phone. Unfortunately, it may be time to switch to a new phone with more storage.