Like WhatsApp, iMessage is a hugely popular texting app. Users can trade texts, images, videos, voice memos, and other types of content. Officially, Android users are not permitted to participate in the fun of using iMessage.
You might consider using third-party software if you want to Get iMessage on your Android phone. I’ll go over how you can Get iMessage on Android Phone in a moment.
Why Does iMessage Not Normally Work On Android?
Apple enjoys making its products stand out. Apple phones use proprietary chargers rather than the standard micro USB connector. The company has its software and apps. This is why iMessage is only available on Apple devices.
In many ways, iMessages are similar to regular messages on any modern cell phone. Here are some differences you notice in iMessage; keep reading to Get iMessage on Android Phone.
- End-to-end encryption is built into iMessages by default.
- You can read and send iMessages on the Apple computer, Macbook, iPad, and other devices.
- When your iMessage is successfully delivered, you’ll see a small text message that says “Delivered” below the message.
- When the recipient has read the messages, the status will change to “Read.” These are known as reading receipts.
- The other person can type with a “…” symbol at the bottom of the message history.
- When you send “Congratulations,” iMessage allows you to include special stickers and effects, such as an exploding emoji.
Can I Use iMessage On An Android Device?
iMessage only functions on iPhones and other Apple devices. You can use a small trick to use third-party apps on your Android phone to send and receive iMessages.
To be clear, an Apple computer or other device is required for this. This is because iMessages will be forwarded to your phone from the Apple device. Here I will tell you how to Get iMessage on Android Phone with third-party apps.
How To Get Get iMessage On Android Phone?
- Use iMessage On Android By Using Bluebubbles
- Use WeMessage To Use Imessage On Android
- Use iMessage on Android With AirMessage
1. Use iMessage On Android By Using Bluebubbles
Set Up the BlueBubbles Server
Your macOS device houses the BlueBubbles server. It is a “hub” for iMessages sent to your Android phone, Windows, or Linux computer, and BlueBubbles apps. Use this Bluebubbles app to Get iMessage on Android Phone.
- Download the newest DMG file for the BlueBubbles server from the GitHub page on your macOS device.
- After installation, open the DMG file and drag it to the “Applications” folder. You may now launch the app.
- To the Applications folder, drag BlueBubbles.
- BlueBubbles will first request “Full-Disk Access” from you. This is necessary for BlueBubbles to read from the iMessage chat database.
- Click on the System Preferences to open.
- Select “Full Disk Access” from the Settings sidebar in the “Security & Privacy” section.
- Go to the “Full Disk Access” menu.
- Click the lock symbol in the bottom corner to enable BlueBubbles and input your Mac password.
- BlueBubbles should also be enabled in the “Accessibility” section before exiting the “Security & Privacy” Settings.
- To give “BlueBubbles” access to “Accessibility,” enable it.
- You will also be requested to provide BlueBubbles access to your contacts sometime during this initial setup. To approve it, click “OK.”
Setup Google Firebase Cloud Messaging
BlueBubbles use Google Firebase Cloud Messaging to send notifications to your devices. BlueBubbles may operate without constantly requiring a server connection. This indicates that you receive notifications while the program operates in the background.
- Log in to the Google Firebase Console using your Google account. Then, give it the name “BlueBubblesApp” and click “Create a Project.” For the project, Google Analytics does not need to be enabled.
- “XYZ” is the project’s name.
- Realtime Database > Create Database can be found under the heading “Build” in the sidebar menu.
- Select “Start in Locked Mode” and click Next > Enable after selecting your location.
- In the sidebar menu, click the gear symbol next to “Project Overview.”
- Click “Generate New Private Key” and save it to your Mac by going to Project Settings > Service Accounts > Create Service Account.
- “Generate New Private Key” should be chosen.
- Click the three-dot menu symbol for “Cloud Messaging Legacy API” after switching to the “Cloud Messaging” tab.
- Navigate to Cloud Console > Manage API > Enable.
- Drag and drop the “firebase-adminsdk”-containing JSON file we obtained into the BlueBubbles app.
- Drag the JSON file to BlueBubbles.
- Go back to the “General” tab on the Project Settings page of the Firebase website.
- At the bottom of the page, select Android.
- To download the google-services.json file, type “com.[Name].bluebubbles” in the “Android Package Name” field and click “Register App.”
- “Register the App” and give the package a name.
- The google-services.json file can also be dragged to the BlueBubbles application. Once you’ve finished, click “Next.”
- For your server, type a secure password, then click the save icon. When you’re finished, press “Next.”
- To ensure that the BlueBubbles server remains active, enable “Startup with macOS” and “Keep macOS Awake.”
- Additionally, you may program BlueBubbles to download and install updates automatically.
Connect the Server to the BlueBubbles Apps
I can connect the Android and Windows BlueBubbles apps and start utilizing iMessage once the server is up and running. When you open the application, you’ll need to grant it rights. Ensure that iMessage on your Mac runs when you log in with your Apple ID to Get iMessage on Android Phone.
- Click the QR code icon in the BlueBubbles software on your Mac, and then use the phone app to scan it.
- Create a QR code that can be scanned.
- Use the phone to scan the QR code.
- After scanning the QR code with the smartphone app, tap “Start Sync.”
- Tap “Finish” when the synchronization is finished.
You’re currently using Android and iMessage. The three-dot menu on the chat screen has a tonne of customizing choices.
- For other choices, go to “Settings.”
- The BlueBubbles downloads page also has the Windows program available for download.
- Pick the “Desktop” application.
- The desktop app’s setup is identical to that of the Android app. It’s unlikely that your PC will be able to read a QR code. You’ll have to enter the server information manually.
- These are located in the Android app’s Settings > Connection & Server section.
2. Use WeMessage To Use Imessage On Android
Configure weMessage on Mac
To use weMessage on your Mac, Java must be installed. By going to Applications > Utilities and then starting the Terminal app that comes pre-installed on your Mac, you can verify that you have it. After entering java, hit return.
- Install the weMessage app on your Mac.
- Double-click the run command file in the weMessage folder to start weMessage.
- If a notification appears stating that the program cannot execute because its creator is unknown
- Select System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General, then select Open Anyway after clicking the Apple logo.
- Some of your Mac’s accessibility features must be enabled.
- Select the Privacy tab from the System Preferences > Security & Privacy screen, then select Accessibility.
- Click the lock icon in the lower left corner to unlock your settings. Enter the password you use to access your Mac when prompted.
- Navigate to Applications > Utilities on your hard disc by clicking the Plus symbol.
- Click Open, then Terminal.
- To run the software, double-click the run command once more. By doing this, a Terminal window will open.
- Enter your iMessage account email address and password.
How to Set up weMessage on Android
- Install the weMessage app on Android by going to the Google Play Store.
- Open WeMessage on your Android device.
- To provide the app access to your device settings, press OKAY on the Permissions Error dialogue box.
- To grant weMessage access, click the button next to Allow altering system settings when Settings appears.
- To return to the app, tap the back arrow at the top.
- Select WeMessage and then Set as default when prompted to select a default SMS app. On the “help” box, select Ok.
- For the app to understand how to communicate with your Mac, enter its IP address.
- Enter the password you decided upon during the setup mentioned above and your iMessage email address.
- Now check if you can get iMessage on Android Phone.
3. Use iMessage on Android With AirMessage
I’ve also described AirMessage here. It’s one of the simplest ways to Get iMessage on Android Phone.
Setup the AirMessage Software
- On your Mac, download the AirMessage Server.
- Launch the AirMessage program. Installing software from an unknown developer could provide a security issue.
- Click Open Anyway in System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- A welcome message will appear on the screen when you accept the access requests.
- To change the default password, click Open Preferences and enter a new one.
- Open System Preferences and choose Security & Privacy > Privacy. On the left, pick Accessibility.
- To unlock your Settings menu, click the lock icon in the bottom left corner. For your protection, you might be requested to enter the password you use to access your Mac.
- Go to Applications by clicking the Plus symbol, then double-click AirMessage there.
- Choose Full Disk Access from the left-hand option if you use macOS Mojave or a later version.
- To ensure that your Mac is always on and available for message sending and receiving, you must disable the sleep settings.
- Change Computer Sleep to Never in System Preferences > Energy Saver.
- Obtain your IP address by going to System Preferences > Network and writing it down.
Sync the AirMessage app with your Android device.
- Get the AirMessage app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the AirMessage program.
- Enter the password you already created together with the local IP address of your Mac.
- If you want to download your iMessage conversations, select Download Message History.
- From your Mac, you should be able to see every iMessage thread. By texting an iPhone, you may see if you can send a message.
- Like an iPhone, you may send photographs and videos and receive notifications when new messages arrive.
- I hope this method helped you to Get iMessage on Android Phone.
Since Apple’s messaging service utilizes dedicated servers and a unique end-to-end encrypted network, it is not officially supported on Android. Only devices that decrypt the messages can access the messaging network because the messages are encrypted.
Here I have shared the three best ways and apps to Get iMessage on Android devices. Follow all the methods and check which app you help to use, the iMessage app on an android device.