Are you easily distracted by some enticing advertisements while browsing the internet? If your answer is yes, you know how much procrastinating you have done. Think of the amount of time you could have been productive in. Now, stop regretting the time we lost because we have your back with an elegant solution.
Using your browsers in full screen helps hide all possible distractions like other tabs, extensions dock, and even pop-ups. The Full-screen option on browsers offers maximum visibility to the users, which means better access to the screen you are working on and nothing to pull your concentration away from work.
This article is dedicated to helping people turn on the full-screen mode in Google Chrome and other well-known browsers, on their computers.
What does the Full-screen mode do?
The Fullscreen mode, when enabled, hides all the unwanted things that might put you off track when you are working online. When you switch from Windowed mode to the full-screen mode, you will not be able to see the open tabs, address, name & Task Bar, Settings buttons, and other small functions.
Let us take a look at an example. This is a web site in the Windowed mode on Google Chrome.
You will be able to see all the distractions that can make you unproductive.
Now, this is what you will be able to see when full-screen (Chrome) is enabled.
You will be able to notice that there are no options, buttons, or other features that could have disrupted your work schedule.
Activating the Full-Screen Mode on Browsers
Almost all browsers allow themselves to be expanded to a bigger resolution from the Windows mode. We will cover instructions on enabling the following free browsers’ full-screen mode.
- Google Chrome (Windows & macOS)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
Running Google Chrome in Full Screen
Google Chrome is the most popular, with over 64% of market shares. This web browser is available for almost all Operating Systems. With the most popular two being Windows and macOS, these are the ways to launch the Chrome window to full screen in Windows and macOS computers.
Activate Full-Screen Mode in Chrome for Windows computers
There are two ways to enable Full-Screen (Chrome) on a Windows computer.
- Open the Windows browser three-dots menu on the top right corner of the window and click on the full-screen button (Square icon) next to the Zoom settings.
- Simply, press F11 on your keyboard.
- Press F11 key or the square icon (once again) to exit Full-Screen mode.
Users can download a Full-screen app to do this.
Activate Chrome Full-Screen Mode in macOS
There are three options to activate full-screen in Chrome for iOS.
- Click on the little green dot on the upper left corner of the Chrome web page window. This will enter full-screen in the Chrome browser on your Mac. Tap it again to close the full screen.
- Open the Menu bar and select Enter Full Screen in the View menu.
- Press the Ctrl + Cmd + F keys together on the keyboard.
Activating Full-screen Mode in Mozilla Firefox
There are two ways to activate Full-screen Mode in the Firefox web browser.
- Press the F11 key on your keyboard
- Open the Firefox menu on top of the screen and select the slanting two-headed arrow Full Screen icon, next to the Zoom option.
Run Safari in full-screen mode
The Safari browser by Apple launches its full-screen mode when:
- The Ctrl + Command + F keys are pressed together
- The Enter Fullscreen option is chosen in the settings (gear icon).
Launch full-screen mode in Internet Explorer
There are two ways to launch a page into full screen in Internet Explorer.
- Press the F11 key on your computer keyboard.
- Follow this: Tools > File > Fullscreen
Expanding Microsoft Edge to full-screen mode
You can enable the full-screen mode in two ways.
- Press F11 on your keyboard.
- Open the Settings and select the slanting, two-headed arrow icon, next to the Zoom option, when you are on the desired page.
Enable the Opera Full-Screen mode
The Opera browser has three ways to do this.
- Press the F11 button.
- Right-click the screen and select Enter Fullscreen
- Click on the small Opera icon to open the Customize and Control menu and select Fullscreen from the Page sub-menu, above the Zoom option.
It is quite common to get distracted while working online and the excuses are quite valid. But when you wish to get back to work, you can always zoom your screen into full screen. This feature is an unsung and an unknown hero. It has helped a lot of projects submitted on time, got a lot of work done, and stopped procrastination.
Every time you realize that something is distracting you away from your work, remember to press the F11 key on your keyboard. When you do, you’ll see all your distractions disappear. Let this article be a motivation to our beloved readers to stop procrastinating and get their work done.
Do check out our article on how to fix screen tearing problem in Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I make Chrome full screen?
You can press the F11 key on your keyboard or open the menu and click on the Full-Screen button in the Chrome web browser menu to activate the full-screen mode.
How do I go to fullscreen?
Press the F11 key on your keyboard to go full screen on all browsers for Windows. The universal keyboard command for this is Windows + Shift + Enter. If you are using a Mac, the shortcut is Ctrl + Command + F.