If you are a photographer, you’ll need a photo editor for PC. By tweaking variables like exposure, white balance, and color in editing, you may make your already gorgeous photographs even better.
The most powerful photo editor software can help you add an image, highlight crucial subjects, and turn a mediocre photograph into something spectacular. There are many picture editing software alternatives available, ranging from well-known systems such as Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom to basic but effective ones like Canva.
15 Best Photo Editor Software And Apps For PC (Free Download)
- Skylum Luminar
- Windows 10 Photos
- Aurora HDR
- CaptureOne Pro
- Adobe Lightroom
- Adobe Photoshop
- DxO PhotoLab
- Corel PaintShop Pro
- Photo Pos Pro
The finest free photo editor for PC is GIMP. It’s jam-packed with the kind of image-editing features you’d expect to see in more expensive software.
GIMP is a free, open-source picture editor with a large community of users and developers who have produced many plugins to expand its functionality. Many are pre-installed, and more can be downloaded from the official vocabulary.
- Each activity necessitates a unique environment, and GIMP lets you tailor the view and behavior to your preferences.
- Using GIMP, you may effortlessly correct a variety of digital photo flaws.
- GIMP is an excellent tool for advanced photo retouching. Use the clone tool to remove unwanted elements, or use the new healing tool to touch up small details quickly.
- GIMP comes with one-of-a-kind support for various input devices right out of the box.
- Tablets with pressure and tilt sensors, as well as USB and MIDI controllers, are available.
- JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, and TIFF are among the file formats supported, as are special-purpose formats such as multi-resolution and multi-color-depth.
- The design allows a plug-in to increase GIMP’s format capabilities.
- Gimp Photo Editor for PC is a free and open-source program.
- For more insights on Gimp, visit Gimp.
2. Skylum Luminar
Skylum Luminar is a photo editor for PC that allows you to modify photos entirely automatically. It’s ideal for novices, amateurs, and those who don’t have the time to edit.
Photolemur uses Artificial Intelligence algorithms to analyze photos and make complicated modifications. Portraits are also automatically enhanced by the software, which smooths skin, removes imperfections, enlarges eyes, and whitens teeth.
- Batch processing allows you to import and repair multiple photos at once is one of the most valuable tools.
- Innovative technologies open up a whole new realm of options for expressing your thoughts.
- You may concentrate on your creative story while AI handles the tedious jobs.
- Whether you’ve been a photographer for a few years or a few decades, you’ll receive fantastic results right away.
- After using a LuminarAI Template, all of those photos will appear to have been taken during the same picture session.
- This technology enables you to achieve stunning outcomes even with low-resolution photographs.
- PhotoXpanse technology allows you to apply 3D effects to your image, producing a more immersive, atmospheric story.
- Thanks to an AI engine that has been trained on gigabytes of professional images, you can obtain professional results in seconds.
- Skylum Photo editor for PC offers both free and paid versions.
- The paid version starts at Euro 39.
- For more details on plans and features, contact Photolemur Skylum.
3. Windows 10 Photos
Windows 10 includes a built-in photo editing program called Photos. It’s primarily used for displaying images, while Microsoft’s Photos app consists of several useful features.
With this software, you can organize your images into collections, galleries, and folders. Crop, rotate, photo enhancing filters, and basic light and color tweaks are among the editing tools available in Photos.
- The multi-view option allows you to compare many photographs and movies in the same app window.
- Hide the toolbars so you can see your photographs completely without being distracted.
- Crop and resize photos, make lighting and color adjustments, sketch, and apply filters or other effects.
- Enjoy the albums and films automatically made for you, and edit and save the ones you want.
- Remix videos to change the face and feel by merging pictures, music, and styles.
- Look through your collection for automatically tagged people, places, and stuff.
- OneDrive allows you to see images, movies, and albums from all of your devices in one location.
- Jump to other photographs and videos at that location by using the filmstrip.
- Make a photo of your desktop or lock screen background.
- Trim video clips quickly for usage on YouTube or other social media platforms.
- Create new films with music, filters, text, and other effects from images and video clips.
- 3D effects like a swarm of bees, thunder, or a fireball can be added to videos.
- The Photos editing tool is free with just one condition.
- You need to have Windows 10 or the latest installed on your computer.
Photoline is a raster image editing program with a few unique capabilities not seen in other programs. It has support for a variety of color spaces.
To generate high-quality film scans, use the 32-bit per channel option. Photoline, like Affinity Photo, accepts Photoshop plug-ins.
- PhotoLine is a multifunctional image and graphics editor.
- Not only can you edit and optimize photos for the web, but you can also create print-ready PDF data.
- The text “Demo” on the picture limits GIF file format saving.
- Only uncompressed TIFF files can be saved.
- PhotoLine displays a registration notification upon startup and periodically.
- Other characteristics include:
- Support for CMYK and Lab, up to 32 bits per channel.
- ICC profiles are used to regulate color.
- Lossless imaging.
- Digital images can be processed.
- Correct, retouch.
- Photoline photo editing tool has both free and paid versions.
- Paid version cost around Euro 59.
- Download or buy this tool from Photoline.
5. Aurora HDR
HDR photography is the focus of Aurora HDR. With Artificial Intelligence, the software automatically aligns and blends numerous exposures to create a single tone-mapped image.
Aurora generates a tone map that helps you get exceptional results by exposing more data to work with. Aurora HDR includes over 20 essential tools for fine-tuning your HDR photos.
- A sophisticated tool detects noise in HDR photos automatically.
- It intelligently removes it while maintaining the high quality of every element.
- An artificial intelligence-powered intelligent slider that allows you to add eye-popping depth and features to your image.
- A simple but effective approach to improving your HDR photographs’ clarity is by increasing localized contrast only where it’s needed, rather than affecting the entire image.
- Get the best bracket merging possible, as well as an extraordinary level of color improvement.
- Aurora HDR optimizes your raw photographs, supporting the most popular cameras and automatically boosting each pixel.
- With a strong bulk processing engine, you may create many gorgeous HDR photographs at once.
- Aurora HDR photo editor for PC is free for 30 days.
- Buy this photo editor for PC from Aurora HDR.
6. CaptureOne Pro
CaptureOne Pro is a professional picture retouching and color correction photo editor for PC. It is a powerful and distinctive tool in its own right, allowing users to deal with photographs professionally, do color correction, and perform photo editing, among other things.
Presets are available in Capture One Pro, which speeds up the color correction procedure substantially. It’s worth mentioning that the photo editor is the greatest option for photographers using Phase One cameras.
- You can edit files from all popular camera brands with Capture One Pro.
- Our new multi-imaging technologies give you even more creative freedom.
- Stay on top of tasks and files with sophisticated management tools, from solitary photographs to thousands of shots.
- A customizable interface and quick performance ensure a smooth photo editing process.
- These new time-saving solutions can help you transform your workflow.
- Process RAW files with the highest resolution and sharpest details.
- Custom lens profiles help to reduce distortion and light fall-off.
- CaptureOne Pro photo editor for PC offers a free trial for 30 days
- For further information on features and plans, contact CaptureOne Pro.
7. Adobe Lightroom
Lightroom’s uncluttered and straightforward interface helps you concentrate on your image’s most critical aspects. Drop-down options allow you to make quick modifications, add keywords to your photographs, and more.
The Develop module houses all of your basic and expert photo editing capabilities. Split toning, effects, Lens correction, and other basic edits can all be used to improve your shot.
- Easy-to-use sliders provide you with complete control over your photographs’ light and color qualities.
- Crop and Rotate tools help you discover the perfect size and aspect ratio for your work.
- You can brighten and change focus in your images to draw attention to your subject or remove distracting elements from the image.
- Tone curves can be used to brighten images, while the color mixer can adjust color attributes.
- Include some eye-catching effects.
- Clarity and Dehaze can lend texture to landscapes and soften things, while Clarity and Dehaze can add or remove a sense of mystery.
- Pick out and perfect specific areas of your shot.
- Using Lightroom presets to edit your photos saves time and adds consistency.
- You may straighten up crooked lines and make sure everything on the horizon appears decent.
- Adobe Lightroom photo editor for PC offers a free trial for seven days.
- The price of Adobe lightroom starts from $10 per month.
- For more insights on Adobe Lightroom, contact Adobe.
8. Adobe Photoshop
Photoshop has several default workspaces designed to get rid of the extra tools you don’t need for your project. Because they highlight the most useful tools for the job, these workspace presets make a terrific introduction to Photoshop.
A personalized workstation with only your preferred tools. It improves the pace of your editing and streamlines your workflow.
- High-quality Photoshop brush sets will help you perfect your hand lettering and calligraphy brush strokes.
- Make the linework and shading exactly how you want it. You can bring your digital designs to life with pencil, ink, and charcoal brushes.
- Experiment with various tools, from watercolor brushes to splatter effects, and browse through thousands of presets.
- Create a one-of-a-kind toolset with custom Photoshop brushes that can be used to create any effect.
- With the Sampling Brush tool, you may choose and simply alter your sampling region, then use it to remove a subject completely.
- To assist cut things more smoothly, use Fill parameters like Color Adaptation and Rotation Adaptation.
- Before you output the photo, use Content-Aware Fill on a new layer to make things easier.
- Make your changes with Content-Aware Fill features, then apply them by selecting Current.
- Adobe Photoshop is the best photo editor for PCs.
- Photoshop is free for a seven days trial period. To know more about features and plans, contact Adobe photoshop.
InPixio was created to assist photographers in improving their images without putting in too much work. Contains a plethora of handy photo editing tools.
InPixio is a fantastic app for editing images and creating unique montages. InPixio also has several pre-installed settings.
- Remove your complete background or modify it to make it appear as if you are somewhere else.
- Change the sky in images to make them more colorful. Create the environment you want for your photograph, whether it’s a sunset or a bright day.
- The selection tool has an intelligent color detecting feature that aids in photo retouching.
- Remove unwanted details, people, objects, or landscape elements from your images. The pointer can be used to select the object’s shape.
- Edge smoothing allows you to smooth features intelligently for a gentler transition.
- In less than a second, you can improve the quality and color of your photos.
- Inpixio has two versions: basic and pro.
- The price of these versions starts from $50 and $60 respectively
- For more details and information on plans and prices, contact InPixio.
10. DxO PhotoLab
DxO PhotoLab is a good photo editor alternative. It effortlessly converts RAW photos to JPG and is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems.
This photo editing and organizing system has a user interface that may be customized. DxO PhotoLab is a collection of processing and repair tools designed for professional photographers.
- Using cutting-edge measurements taken in DxO’s facilities, DxO PhotoLab adjusts every possible lens flaw.
- By increasing the sensitivity of Control Points, you can have even more exact control.
- Control Lines is a new selection tool that expands the local adjustment palette’s capabilities.
- EXIF and IPTC information editing make updating, organizing, and searching for photos easier.
- On Mac Apple Silicon, processing times are four times faster, while on Windows, they are 1.5 times faster.
- The quality is unrivaled in terms of lens correction, demosaicing, and denoising.
- DxO PhotoLab photo editor for PC offers its pro version, which starts at $165.
- For more insights on plans and features, visit DxO PhotoLab.
11. Corel PaintShop Pro
Corel PaintShop Pro includes everything you’ll need to take your photos to the next level without going broke. You can choose from dozens of textures, backgrounds, and brushes, and the program is constantly updated with new features.
A new Photography Workspace has been added to the latest edition of Corel PaintShop Pro, which is specifically designed for photographers. This simplified workspace streamlines your editing process by presenting the best picture editing tools in an easy-to-understand way.
- Using composition rules, Rule of Thirds, and the Golden Ratio, you may easily crop pieces of shot to change the focus.
- Using various advanced correction tools, you can make changes to your photos.
- Use several Selection tools to isolate the region you wish to pick, then refine your selection with the Refine Brush.
- With PaintShop Pro’s RAW Lab, you can manage and store metadata in your RAW files, as well as repair issue regions.
- Scripts reduce repetition and speed up complex photo-editing tasks.
- Batch processing allows you to modify numerous photos at once, such as adding a watermark, a picture frame, or simply resizing them.
- Coral has two versions of Paintshop Normal and Ultimate.
- Prices of both versions vary and start from $170.
- For more information on prices and other features, visit Coral Photoshop Pro.
Pixlr‘s free, lightweight photo editor is perfect for individuals and more experienced editors for basic alterations. Advanced Photoshop users will most likely be able to navigate through the app’s toolbars.
The program only happens once in a while. For absolute beginners, Pixlr’s simplified style and simple selection of tools simplify the editing process.
- Pixlr allows you to animate any design in only a few clicks.
- Use professional-looking animation presets or delves into the timeline’s nitty-gritty intricacies.
- Simple graphics can’t capture your viewers the same way that video can.
- In a single click, AI-powered background eradication is so quick, so simple.
- In a matter of moments, eliminate backgrounds from portraits, selfies, and profile images.
- With our built-in pre-made collage templates, you can make picture collages for free online.
- With a range of innovative photo filters, you can turn your images into stunning visuals.
- Explore Pixlr’s easy-to-use tools, templates, components, and typefaces to push your creative boundaries.
- Pixlr has both free and paid versions; get a quote from Pixlr.
- Download and install this photo editor for PC from Pixlr.
Paint.NET was built as an alternative for Microsoft Paint by a Washington State University student. It is now geared at those looking for a free image editing program that is simple to use and produces high-quality output.
The app offers a simple and easy-to-use interface that includes hotkeys. Thanks to its simplicity, Paint.NET can work smoothly on less capable machines, like notebooks.
- Every function and user interface piece was created to be intuitive and easy to pick up without any help.
- Paint.NET has undergone extensive development to become the fastest image editor accessible.
- Layers are the foundation for a comprehensive image composition experience, and they’re usually only found in pricey or difficult professional applications.
- Paint.NET offers an active online forum with a welcoming, enthusiastic, and ever-growing community.
- Updates are free and provide new features, improved performance, and bug fixes.
- For refining and perfecting your photographs, many special effects are included.
- There are other adjustments to assist you in changing the brightness, contrast, color, saturation, curves, and levels of an image.
- Simple tools for drawing shapes are included in Paint.NET, including an easy-to-use curve tool for creating splines or Bezier curves.
- Paint.NEt is an free photo editor for PC.
- Download and learn more about this photo editor for PC from Paint.Net.
14. Photo Pos Pro
Photo Pos Pro is a valuable tool with a user-friendly and straightforward layout and many features. The software comes with various tools for thorough photo editing at any skill level.
There are also dozens of built-in filters and effects to experiment with. Layers and masks are supported in Photo Pos Pro, providing you with complete control over the editing process.
- Filters, Layers, Masks, Curves, Scripts, Effects, Brushes, and other essential professional tools are supported by Photo Pos Pro.
- Many photo file types, including RAW FILES, are supported by software, scanners, and digital cameras.
- Tools and functions for advanced image enhancement and editing.
- Rich Text Tools, Special Effects, Selection Tools, Layers & Masks are all tools for computer graphics design.
- Batch operations, as well as the ability to customize the software.
- Other characteristics include.
- Backgrounds can be removed, erased, or replaced.
- Remove anything that isn’t needed.
- Improve the quality of your images.
- Collages and frames
- More advanced photo Effects.
- Text Effects that are simply stunning.
- Photos Pos Pro photo editor for PC offers both free and paid version
- The paid version starts at just $42 or gets a lifetime license at $35.
- For more information on price and features, visit Photo Pos Pro.
Canva is a drag-and-drop picture editor with dozens of ready-made layouts for visual design. Canva is well-known for its essential design work, but the guys have also developed a separate tool.
Canva is just poor when it comes to photo editing. Canva is the best free internet application for these objectives in design.
- Get a jump start on bringing your finest ideas and efforts to life with thousands of professional templates, photos, and quality content to pick from.
- Invite others to collaborate on edits or set up Canva Pro for your entire team to manage brand assets, offer feedback, receive approvals, and scale your visual material.
- Enjoy watching your effort make an impact in the real world, whether you’re presenting, downloading, scheduling, sharing, or printing.
- Use team folders to keep organized, store brand materials, and manage content.
- Canva allows you to plan, create, schedule, and publish social media posts all in one place.
- Collaboration across countries, corporations, and departments in real-time.
- Built-in comments for real-time communication, collaboration, and resolution of proposals.
- Canva photo editor for PC offers three Plans Free, Pro, and Enterprise plans.
- The price of this photo editor starts at $120.
- For more details on plans and features, contact Canva.
While free photo editors are available, paid software provides a lot more. Subscription programs are more likely to provide consistent upgrades and feature improvements. Compare all the features and prices of all the given Photo Editor for PC and choose what best suits you.
Which Is The Best Photo Editing App For PC For Free?
GIMP is largely regarded as the greatest free picture editor currently available. The software comes with various tools, ranging from basic activities to high-end functionality.
How Do I Edit Text In An Existing Image?
It is possible to alter the appearance and content of any layer type. Style layer in the Layers panel and Horizontal or Vertical option in Tools menu to adjust its text. Make adjustments to the Options bar’s font or color, for example.
Which Is The Best Free Photo Editing Software For PC?
GIMP. For complex image editing, this is the greatest free photo editor. Photo Optimizer by Ashampoo. Canva. In-browser photo editing and templates at a professional level. Fotor, Photo Pos Pro, Paint.NET, and PhotoScape are other available tools.
How Can I Remove Text From A Picture?
ScanWritr’s eraser tool can be used to remove text from images. ScanWritr allows you to edit a file by just uploading it. Fill out the document, sign it, preview it, and then export it after removing any undesired text or background.